main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

like old times

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Scar-Face, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scar-Face

Scar-Face Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    I think it would be soo cool for this to happen. It would be totally unlike star wars but bear with me. Okay this would just be done to bring a tear to the fan's eyes not for really any improvement of the story. But at the very end of the Ep 3. Fade out and then fade in to "______ years later...." fade out.... fade in to opening shot of the star drestroyer flying over head (that I'm sure all who saw that when it came out will never forget.) Then cut to credits after it completely passes. I don't know I think that'd be cool to see that one last time .... well the first time for me.... in the theater. What do you think?

2. Darth-Draco

Darth-Draco Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    That would be a great idea. Also it could be playing the Imperial March as it happens

3. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Hmm... as much as your idea has merit, I don't think there's much of a possibility since flashbacks are nonexistent in the SW films. (or would that be a flash-forward?)

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I have to go with JGM on this. Not only has nothing like that been utilized in SW before (though I guess that can't gurantee the fact that it won't happen), I imagine Ep. III coming to this grand, sweeping, finale where Vader walking around with the Imperial March blaring, Padmé's dead, and the audience feels like it's been through a war. To skip ahead like that would destroy the emotional climax that Ep. III I believe will naturally have, due to the the things we know must occur in it. It would seem counterproductive to destroy what could be one of the most haunting SW moments. But then again, that's just my opinion; take it as you will. :)

5. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I agree with JGM and Adi. Personally, I don't really see the point of having an ending like that. This movie is episode 3 and, as such, is a seperate chapter in the saga and should contain its own elements.

6. Scar-Face

Scar-Face Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Well thank you for your thoughts.... I agree with you who say it would destroy the climax but it was just an idea floating around in my head

7. Sand Hippie

Sand Hippie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 1999
    I don't know about the look into the 'future'... but I wouldn't mind seeing a parallel to the shot when the Empire goes around the Galaxy pwning everyone.

Someone had mentioned (in the compare EIII to RotJ thread) that the final celebration scene in RotJ could act as a parallel to a galaxy-wide slavery and destruction scene, in which we see numerous worlds brought under Empire rule. A shot like the one you describe, could be very effective in that scene.

SH

8. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm... as much as your idea has merit, I don't think there's much of a possibility since flashbacks are nonexistent in the SW films. (or would that be a flash-forward?)

Yeah,I totally agree..& since the film is the 3rd installment,& the old movies is the last 3 installments,it would be strange to see things that is surpose to (acording to the story) happen years after.If you know what I mean

9. whenisit2005

whenisit2005 Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2002
    ok, i heard an interview with lucas a long time ago, can't remember when. this was when he was just starting to talk about doing the prequels and he said that he always envisioned the last shot of EP III being the first shot of EP IV. to me that would be a great ending, one i don't think will happen though given the time frame of the prequels. i do love the idea though, but don't believe it will ever come to fruition.

10. Newsfop

Newsfop Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    You still can have the last shot being the first. It's a bit of traveling w/o moving kind of cinematic presence that is able to show both homage and power at the same time. At the end of RotJ, the side of good had everything. It's fair to assume at the end of III, the side of good will have nothing but one last hope. If you remember correctly, the first shot in Star Wars: ANH was not the Star Destroyer or even the custodian ship, but one of the moons over Tatooine. Lucas mentioned in the making-of documentaries of Episode II that footage was shot for Ep. III already so he wouldn't have to come back to Tunisia again. My guess is that the final scene has something with Obi-Wan putting baby Luke into the custodian of the Larses and then them watching a ship take off from the planet past one of the Tatooine moons. It has the same impact as Luke and Leia watching the Falcon head away at the end of TESB.

Thoughts?

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ending with the Star Destroyer would be awesome.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    This was my Idea!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    While I like your idea Scar-Face, flashbacks are not common in Star Wars so I doubt Lucas would consider this. :)

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think the most powerful ending possible is something with Vader and Palpatine. That is more ominous than any implications of future military power could possibly be.

15. ObiWanAragorn

ObiWanAragorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    In every Star Wars film so far, they have ended with a hopeful-sounding musical number. I think that will happen again, and it would conflict with the first shot of ANH.

16. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    It's a very nice idea, but I don't think it'll be done

Doing that would connect the trilogies unlike anything we've seen, and I think that the two trilogies should be able to remain their own stories, while at the same time connecting.

And imagine someone seeing that in 20 years, they'd think big deal; it'll only have effect on us because we're the ones waiting for it for so long. If GL wants the stories to remain timeless, then this is an idea I don't think could be done

Although it's still a nice idea

17. Scar-Face

Scar-Face Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    thanks for your posts.... personally I myself knew it most likely wouldn't be done just wouldn't fit but hey it's cool to think about. Oh well thanks though.

18. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    While it isn't a bad idea, I think that scene is better just left in ANH. Leave that classic scene in ANH so it retains its emotional attachment forever.

19. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    It wouldn't really work, anyway. If you're watching TPM-ROTJ, you'd have no point of reference, unless they'd already showed a Star Destroyer in Ep3, in which case the shot be redundant, and people would end the film wondering, "What was that all about?" It would only mean something to people who had watched the films out of sequence, and they would already know it was coming, so it's rather senseless for them as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.