*~*~*~Like Scattered Seeds~*~*~* Part I: Melona

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Title: Like Scattered Seeds
    Author: Handmaiden Yané
    Rating: PG, I suppose
    Time Period: Post-Ep. III
    Spoilers: Minor spoilers concerning AOTC, some Ep. III speculation
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars universe and everything in it belongs to George Lucas and Lucasfilm, Ltd. No money is being made from this story and no infringement is intended.
    Author?s Note: As I read more books and fanfics, I?ve probably picked up a couple of things from them that are jumbled around in my head. More often than not, they spill out into my fanfics. I apologize if I had taken some of your characters and/or ideas and if I have done so, please PM me and I will give you credit or if you wish, take out what?s rightfully yours.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ITALICSAncient Naboo legend tells of a farmer who was given three seeds by a beautiful woman who inhabited a crystal palace near what is now Gungan territory. It was during the Time of Great Suffering, and the farmer had deserted from the Naboo army. Wandering for days, he happened by chance upon the Crystal Palace. Taking pity on the poor man, the lovely woman opened her fair gates and let the man in.
    Upon hearing the man?s account of the affairs of Naboo, she was distressed to hear what had happened to her beloved planet.

?I have shut myself off for far too long! While I rest in this place, my people are killing each other!?

At last, she reached her decision. It would risk her life, but she was willing to take it.
    She gave the farmer three seeds?the three seeds of peace.

?Scatter them to the winds, and they will take root and blossom. Soon, peace will come about again. But?even if one tiny seed does not do so, the peace will not last. And if all three do not bear fruit, I shall die.?

The farmer was distressed to hear of this, but she commanded him to do as she told him. And so he did.

The first seed landed in lush earth, and sprouted. The second, burrowed too deep into the ground and did not bear fruit. It burrowed deep into the ground, trying to internally root out the evil. But the third?the third did indeed sprout, but it bred malcontent, not peace,

And so the good lady died, and her crystal palace withered away. The Time of Great Suffering ended?but to the cost of the Lady of The Crystal Palace. END ITALICS
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My mother was a handmaiden. Others may boast that their mother was queen, governor, princess, or senator. But I boast that my mother was a handmaiden. In her brief service, she served Senator Amidala, who is still respected, even long after the Clone Wars. During her term as Queen, the Trade Federation had invaded Naboo. But the Queen, her five handmaidens, and a ragtag group of security officers valiantly drove them off with the help the Jedi , who are now all but extinct. The Empire has seen to that.

My mother knew great grief in her life. Her first love was taken from her by an unknown evil force. Her second love, my father, whom she married, had been killed by spice miners on one of Naboo?s moons. She almost did not recover from that. She gave birth to us (myself, my brother, and my sister) only a month after my father?s death. A year and three months later, she was killed during an assassination attempt on Senator Amidala.

How do I know all these things about the mother I barely knew? Mere memories?of a loving and kind maternal woman?But Aunt Dormé and Grandmother Vilana have not let me forget. I am the only one of my siblings who actually listen to their stories about Versé Vilana Cabaré Jakeen.

Around this time of year, I always seem to hate my sister more, to find every single little error as hateful as turning in a Jedi to the Empire. Because, around this time of year, is the season our mother died. Aunt Dormé has told us countless times the tale of our mother?s death?the entire story including the bounty hunters hired by the despicable Trade Federation, the corruption of the Senate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.