Like Scattered Seeds: Part I: Melona's Story~~HM/OC ~~Updated 7/05/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorme Force Ghost

star 3
    Uppity! [face_batting]

*Sings* Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height! Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring... UP! To the atmosphere! UP! Where the air is clear! Oh let's gooooo fly a kiiiiite! */Sings*

A very eager handmaiden,

-~Dormé~-
  2. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Holy Mother of Pearl!!!! Two posts on the same day????? I... I... I... don't know what to do with myself! And such posts too! My goodness gracious Yané!

Wow, that was some scary dream of Melona's! I think I would wake up screaming if I were her. It almost reminds me of the Union comic book series, when Mara's dreaming and she see's all the people that have been hurt or killed by her and people around her. Very spooky and touching at the same time. Like Skelator here: [face_skull] except he's not touching, just spooky. :oops:

I'm glad that Dormé and Typho explained to Mel why they didn't want to dissuade Telon from going to the Imperial Academey! Wow, part of the Rebellion? Craziness! I expected it, but still, very interesting to hear them say it aloud. Makes me think they should be like this: [face_worried]

I can't believe that Errian has been a spy for FIVE YEARS!!! or at least, known about Dormé and Typho's Rebellion ties for that long. I wonder how he found out/was approuched by them. Are his parents part of this rebellion thing too?? And what about the Queen? And her daughter? Makes me kind of wonder if the daughter really isn't disabled, just putting on a show so she can get closer to the Imperials and their information. People generally ignore or make excuses for those who have disabilities. HMMMMmmmmmMMMMmmmm... or perhaps I'm just being paranoid! :p

Lovely job dear. I can't wait to see what else you have up your handmaidenly sleeves. I also liked how you re-incorporated the Umbran/ghost man back into the story. That was a very traumatic experience for Mel, I'm betting. Nicely done.

~Obischick~
  3. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Dormé, I always love your comments! They make me want to write MORE because they're so darned encouraging!

Geez they are so cute together. Why can't she see it?!?!

Because it's part of the plot. :p And because they've been friends for so long she's scared of what will happen if that goes away.

And god, why's everyone joining the Imperial academy!? This is very distressing.

I think it's very natural for Selona to join the Academy...but well, the others are joining it to inflitrate the Empire and to help the Rebels!

Very interesting that you're bringing so many dreams into her sleep. I love reading them. Very symbolic! Especially chilling at the end of her dream when Errian changes into an old man...

You have *no* idea how much stuff I put into that. :p And btw, Errian is not the old man...it's someone else. ;)

I can't believe he's off to join the Imperials! And keeping it secret this whole time??

He's not joining the Imperials per se...

Thank you so much for reading, Anya! :D

Guess this thing isn't such a well-hidden secret after all, eh?

Hush, bobill. Of course it's a good secret! Thanks for replying! :)

Now to reply to your stuff, Obischick... :D

Is it on Naboo or do they have to go to a different planet to get there?

The Academy is on Corellia, near the city of Coronet.

Poor Mel, she barely realizes what she's getting herself into, does she?

Oh man...just wait until they get there. Ooh boy...

Everytime I think I have something figured out, you go and make me question what's going on, and I love it! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

No problem!!

I also liked how you re-incorporated the Umbran/ghost man back into the story.

That was just for you, dear. ;) I'm trying to tie up some loose ends and that's my way of slowly worming the Umbran man in.

And what about the Queen? And her daughter?

Er...you'll see what happens to them...

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding where to go in the next post, but never fear, I shall come up with one very soon!

Also, if you guys could do me a HUGE favor and pick up any loose ends in my story, please PM me or post it here so I can make sure that everything is tied up in the end. :)

And I wanted to know that for those of you reading through the entire story, does it ever seem...choppy or does it flow pretty well?
  4. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow...this story is just wow!! And to think, you started it when you were what? 14?? Amazing!

Remind me on AIM to tell you, found a couple possible loose ends. But this is awesome and I especially liked the last post with Errian and Melona...the tension and the emotion there was so real and poignant!
  5. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Hoping for a new postie soon :) Don't know how realistic that is, but still hoping!

*sits around her campfire, roasting marshmallows* Nummy! :p Hmm, perhaps since I finally have a day off from work, I'll write a bit of Saché...? You've inspired me mdear :)

~Obischick~ [face_coffee]
  6. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty much everything I could say has been said already. :)

Great job with the most recent post, Yane. That poor Mel couldn't see what's best for her if it bit her on the backside. :p She should change her evening diet or something to try and avoid those bad dreams, too. If I remember everything you told me at CIII correctly, Melona's future should be quite interesting.

Thanks for the comments on my part of the story, too, everybody. :D
  7. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thank you Conne for reading my story and helping out with the loose ends!

Obischick, there will be a new postie soon. I promise! And glad I inspired you. :)

Knight-Ander, we make a great team. :p And I really can't wait to start solidifying what I told you at CIII. I swear, everytime I talk about it, I get more excited. I love talking about my stories. :p

I actually started writing the new post, and I will tell you this: it features an old handmaiden. ;)
  8. Dorme Force Ghost

star 3
    *joins Obischick at campfire and makes a smore*

This is quite nice isn't it? But ya know what'd make this perfect? Why if HMYané would post again! Yes Dahling, that would be splendid! [face_batting] heh. heh.

-~Dormé~-
  9. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    *holds tummy* oowwwww... I ate too many s'mores... :( [face_sick]

Yané, dearest, I hope everything is going well and that you are getting a new postie ready for us to devour! :) I love your posties!

~Obischick~
  10. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks, guys. Sorry for the delay, but I got a job and I've been trying to balance that with the summer homework I have left! But once things calm down a bit, I should have an update for you guys!
  11. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds good Yané. Don't stress out too much dear! School is definitely NOT worth it! :)

~Obischick~ [face_peace]
  12. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    hmmm, it appears that I am now talking to myself...

*turns to self* would you like a klondike bar?

self: oh, that sounds delicious, thank you!

*goes away and comes back with two klondike bars*

whoops, guess I'll have to eat them both! [face_thinking][face_dancing]

~Obischick~ [face_peace]
  13. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Up so it doesn't start getting lost too far down the bottom of the slush-pile. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.