main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Like Scattered Seeds: Part I: Melona's Story~~HM/OC ~~Updated 7/05/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    That was extremely short but dramatic. It's so sad about Jamilla. :(

I liked the timing on the flashback.

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    *nods smartly* See that you do, KA.

Thanks, Anyanka! :)

Yay for Sache8, for she be here! :D I'm glad you liked the interlude! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As we walked to find a gondola, Auntie examined the fabric I had bought more closely.

?Melona! This is amazing! How did you know that this was the right shade?? She asked, surprised.

I shrugged. ?Alanté helped me pick it out.?

Auntie looked thoughtful. ?Did she now??

The gondola came just then, and we got in and sat down.

?Well, Farisé seemed very nice,? Auntie said approvingly.

?Yeah, she is. Is her mom nice too?? I asked.

Auntie looked away. ?I wouldn?t know.?

?Why not? Didn?t you vote for her??

Auntie shook her head. ?She was handpicked?by the Empire.?

I frowned. ?But?she hasn?t dissolved the Naboo Royal Advisory Council. And she hasn?t imposed any significant chances in the Naboo?s democratic structure.?

?Melona!! How do you know all this? You?re only eight, kiddo!?

I looked up at her, sheepish. ?I watched it last night on the Naboo Holonet News.?

?And here I thought you were snug in your bed at that hour! My, my!? Auntie smiled.

I smiled back up at her, thinking that Auntie?s smiles were very motherish indeed.

The next day was school, and Mr. Ru?Olin was handing back the reports our class had done. I focused my eyes on my clutched hands I had put on my lap. A slight thumping sound was heard as Mr. Ru?Olin gently threw the data chip containing the report I had done on Naboo and Rori. All the report actually contained was my name, and the title. I had written nothing else.

Like all the other children, I picked my data chip and inserted it into my data pad. And, like I had suspected, just above the title, was a glaring, blinking F. A gasp to my right made me turn my head, and I stared right into the eyes of Selona. She knew, and she was angry at me.

The bell rang just then, and with one more look at Selona, I gathered up my things and raced out the door, barely eluding Selona?s grasp. I ran faster than I had ever run before. I was out of the school building in ten seconds flat, and on my way home quicker than you could spell nuna. Past the dzinga fields, and past the beaches, until I was on our front porch and the door was hissing softly open. I squeezed past the door as it opened, and blundered up the stairs. Opening the door to my room, I tried to throw the data chip out the window as I fell down onto my bed. The data chip bounced against the closed pane, and fell onto the carpet.

?You nuna!? Selona hissed as she entered my room. ?You blubbering, spineless nuna!?

Selona came over to me and turned me over, glaring down at me. She went on to mimic me.

?That was the moon Father died on,? she said in a high voice, ?I couldn?t possibly do my report on that! Oh no, I?ll just fail it!?

?You don?t under-? I began.

?Understand?? Selona spat out, ?No, I guess I don?t understand why you are so uber-focused on dead people. Tell me, why is it that you just love dead people to death, huh? Queen Amidala, oh she was a great ruler! I love her so much! My mother was a handmaiden, I love her so much! My father died on Rori, oh, wasn?t he GREAT? Wake up! They?re dead!?

It didn?t matter right then that I had just run about two kilometers, or that I was panting like a tired tusk cat. I was furious. Laying an angry retort aside, I leapt up and gave her a Vicisitian punch. She went sprawling, hitting her head against my closet.

?Is that the only word you know, Selona? Dead? It?s just black and white to you, isn?t it? No shades of gray, no life after death?? I demanded.

Selona groaned as she looked up at me. ?I don?t understand how you can live here, with Mother and Father?s murderers.?

?Shut up!?I shrieked. ?They didn?t kill them!?

?Oh no,? Selona said, her voice breaking, ?They?re still alive, aren?t they? They took pictures of us the other night, right??

I stared at her. She didn?t seem to be moc

3. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    an F???? What are those stupid teachers THINKING hurting my little mellie like that???? Gee... and Selona... don't you mind her, Mellie, she makes her own decisions in life! But good to see that outburst from her, good to see her dark side and see how i'ts implated in her so early, makes it so much scarier....

4. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    More interesting insight into sisterly development.

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I agree with Sache, interesting sisterly development, Yane.

But sometimes, especially now, at such at time as this, I wonder if I should have told Telon, Uncle Garrick, or Aunt Dormé. Would things have turned out differently?

Hmmm.... Now what's that suppose to mean? You've got me intrigued, Yane.

Keep up the good writing. :D

6. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Ooh, love the foreshadowing! You did a good job showing us a bit of Selona's nastier side. Can't wait to see what happens. :D

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I appreciate all your comments and am truly glad you all are enjoying this! I am too busy at this moment to respond to all your comments personally, but I will leave you with a post!

After the argument, we both wiped our faces of our tears and went downstairs to see Telon playing a holo flick with the volume rather loud, as he always did. I glanced at Selona.

?Selona?? I asked.

?Yes?? She raised an eyebrow at me.

?Auntie didn?t hear us?hear us fight, and she would?ve told Telon to turn down the volume?if??

?If she were here,? Selona finished.

I nodded. ?Well, there has to be a note somewhere.?

Selona went into the study, and I went on into the kitchen. Along with a plate of delectable plomb tarts, there was a piece of flimsy on the island counter. I clambered up onto a stool and stuffed a tart into my mouth as I read the note.

Melona--

I?m addressing this to you as I am quite sure you were probably the first one to venture into the kitchen, having smelled the plomb tarts before Selona or Telon! Anyway, your aunt and I are at the clinic right now. Don?t worry, little one, it is merely a check up. We should be back about an hour or so after you children return from school. Hopefully none of you fell into the canals of Shi?ara and that you three are safe and sound at home. Mrs. Jinara will come and wait with you shortly. BEHAVE!

--Uncle Garrick

You know, some people really over glorify waiting. Like, I?ll wait for till the end of time, or, I?ll be here for you, waiting. It?s in most all the holo flicks Auntie watches it. She always cries over them. Well, the holo flicks never mentioned how BORING waiting was. I, of course, was very excited over the tarts, and why Auntie was getting a check up. What would Auntie?s treat be? We kids always got a plomb lollipop. Would Auntie be as lucky? Maybe she would even get a sticker.

I finished my homework, and practiced the cycles with Selona and Telon. Mrs. Jinara fell asleep soon after she got here, so I wondered what she was here for. Was her own couch terribly uncomfy? I eyed her suspiciously as I returned from the front yard. I felt sorry for her. Five seconds later, I shrugged and went to the window seat in Auntie and Uncle?s room to watch for the speeder.

8. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Ah, I think I have an idea about what this check-up is all about since you hinted about something like this happening a little while ago. ;) I don't think the kids are going to get lollipops or stickers as a treat, though? :D

That was (pardon the word choice) short but very sweet, Yane. Keep up the good work. :)

9. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Aha, I think I've caught on too. ;) Can't wait to see what Dormé and Typho find out from the doctor! Nicely done as usual, Yané. :)

10. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh how little Mellie hates wating! go us, we both hate it!!! and I think I see what it could be too!

11. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Okay, Melona doesn't like waiting and neither do we. How long till we find out? :D

"You know of what I speak..." [/Galadriel] :p

12. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Heya Yane! Sorry about the lapse on my part, but I'm on vacation right now, and things are hectic! I've finally found a computer though and caught up on all that I've missed! Excellent job! I really liked the flash back, and I can't wait to learn more about what REALLY happened and all. And I can't wait to learn about the new Queen's Rebel ties.

Melona and Selona's fight was really well done, it shows all parts of their sister relation, and sorta shows the bond, how they can both reach the same conclusion without talking, what I mean is how their conversation can go from Sel screaming at Mel to Mel saying she loves Sel and Sel saying it back without blinking an eye. Nicely done.

Hmmm, clinic eh? ;) Gee, I wonder what that could be about? :D

Can't wait to read more hon! :)

~Emma~

13. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I've just wrriten some more updates, but Anyanka will have to beta them first! I don't know how my internet time will go as I've just started high school and my mom is trying to limit me...but we shall see.

Will reply to you guys later! Love ya. ;)

14. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Good-luck with school, Yane. :)

15. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    *claps* Lovely story so far HM Yané! I've finally had the chance to catch up on it! Your descriptions are wonderfully worded and yet simple. :D I loved reading all the Naboo fairy tales! Very romantic and fantastical! :) One of my favorite earlier descriptions was the tree, it was so beautiful and raw. I could almost smell the earth! :p

The raining scene was so well done, the imagry, the timing, the feel of it was so surreal and touching! :( Hearing about the guilt following Garrick and Dormé was also understandable and very human of them. When my bunny died a while back, I felt exactly the same way... :( I loved how you referred to Errian as "The Boy". Perfect! :D I also love the flirting conversation, very realistic. And I can't wait to see the out come of their relationship... [face_mischief] *prays for a ball* lol... :p

The Jamilla falshback was heartwenching! Yeesh! She was so cool! I didn't like her dying... :( Mel and Sel's fight was also very well done, trust me, I have 2 lovely sisters of my own, and sometimes it just happens like that. One minute you'll be screaming at each other, the next, hugging! :p ca-wazy!

And yeesh! What's that appointment about? I hope Dormé's ok... *worries* :confused:

HM Yané, Jeez, sorry about your rough day a few posts ago, hope you're surviving... :( Speaking of which, Epp!! Your first day of High School!! AwWwWWw! It's a Kodak moment! *snaps picture* And besides which, today is your Birthday!!! Happé Birthdaé HM Yané! I shall send you good vibes and happy thoughts! :D *sends* Now I command you to go see your b-day gifts at the RHS!! :D Trust me, you'll like em. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I really can't wait for more, this is a very well done story, I love the character of Mel, I can relate to her so easily. (What IS flirting by the way.... :confused: lol.) Your writing keeps getting better and better. [face_blush] PLEASE MORE!! Up and Away!! UPPPP!!!

-~Dormé~-

16. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Up! :)

-~Dormé~-

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    The scene is of a desert...aka, a place with no internet...and the subject of suffering, a now fifteen year old girl. What is she suffering from? Internet withdrawal, naturally. But then, what is that? YES! It is Thursday! The portal to Friday! The girl gets up and runs through and yes! Internet access is in sigh!!!!

:D :D

Well, I'm back! Miss me, much?

Thank you, Knight-Ander!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! OMG!! It's DORMÈ!!!

*big hugs* There you are, you girlie! I've MISSED you and your lovely delicious feedback SO MUCH!!

*gives Dormé a noogie* ;)

And as for your hopes of a ball...I am planning on LOTS of balls and parties...And why the heck do you guys want an Errian and Melona pairing? :p I can't see why. [face_mischief]

Well, here is your new post!!

The shadows were beginning to elongate on the now golden lawn. Shafts of gold sun beams could be seen poking through the bushy galin trees, and the road was beginning to look like gold dust. All were signs of the coming twilight. Beyond the trees I could see the deep gold sea, shimmering as waves gently lapped on the shore. I could see all this, but I could not see the familiar speeder. I began to worry.

What if they had crashed? A daydream begin to sneak its way into my mind with this scenario, but just as soon as it came, it disappeared. In its place was a new, and far more frightening scene. What if the doctor Auntie had gone to was evil? What if he had killed her? I could imagine her now, laying the cold metal bed. The evil doctor grinning over her as she gleefully punched a needle into her skin! Alas, it was poison! I jerked my head up. There was an antidote, there had to be! I had to go save Auntie! I hopped off the window seat and ungracefully tumbled down the stairs. Rubbing my sore head, I ran out the door.

?Melona, dear? Where are you going?? came Mrs. Jinara?s feeble voice.

I ignored it, for about three seconds, and then stopped. Where was I going? I had no clue where they had gone! I looked down the lane, tears beginning to form in my eyes. She was lost. And all because I had no idea where to go to save her. I plopped dejectedly down the porch step.

Now, I understand as I look back on this day that I was only a mere child and very foolish to indulge in such a frightening daydream. I had an active imagination, which at times was a fault in and of itself. But that daydream has also helped me far more than any other dream, be it a vision or prophetic. For ever since then, I have been determined to know where to go in case anyone should need me. And it is now, about sixteen years later that is has never been more important to know where to go?

A low, smooth rumble arose and as I lifted my tear-stained face, I gazed upon Uncle?s speeder! I hastily rubbed away my tears and got up running.

?Uncle! Uncle! Auntie! Auntie!? I cried.

Auntie climbed out and smiled at me as she stooped to pick me up.

?Well, hello little one,? she greeted me.

?You?re ALIVE!? I said happily as I nestled my head against her shoulder. ?I?m so sorry I couldn?t come and save you! I didn?t know where to go!?

Auntie lifted my chin so she could look at me. ?Of course I?m alive! Why wouldn?t I be? And it?s all right you didn?t know?I don?t expect you to.?

?Well,? I said, a little hiccup escaping me, ?The evil doctor and his poison needle??

Auntie gazed at me, puzzled. ?Dr. Munroli is not evil. He was in fact, the one who told me I was pregnant!?

It was my turn to be puzzled. ?You have to pray for an gnat? Why??

Auntie laughed. ?Pregnant! It means I?m going to have a baby! Which also means you will be a big sister!?

My eyes were huge. ?Really? If it?s a girl, will you name it Melona??

She shook her head, grinning. ?No, silly, that?s your name!?

My face grew grim with concentration. ?Well, I?ll share.?

?That?s really very kind of you, but I think we?ll name the baby something else.?

?Oh, all right,? I said, ?But Auntie??

?Yes??

?I

18. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I would have replied sooner, but the darn topic notification doesn't seem to be working. :mad:

Anywho... I loved a lot about this post, especially when we learn that Melona is telling this story 16 years into her future. Nicely written Yané. I know there's some technical term to express what I mean, but I can't think of it right now. :p

Some of my other favorites are:

It was my turn to be puzzled. ?You have to pray for an gnat? Why??

and

?So? What happened? Did you get a sticker? Didja??

?Nope,? Uncle said, his eyes twinkling. He gave Auntie a mushy love look. Yuck.

?We?re going to have a baby!? Auntie beamed as she spoke.

I noted Auntie didn?t use the word ?pregnant?. Telon might have been more confused than I over praying over gnats.

Selona cocked her head. ?Well, where is it??

?It?ll come, Sel, when it?s time.?

Selona frowned. ?If you say so.?

Very funny. :D

19. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    YANÉ! I REPLYETH! :D

Eee! This story is so great! Melona is such a sweetheart! I love reading stories from a child's point-of-view - provided they're well-written, as this one is. My favorite part:

I came to the conclusion that adults must have some secret language that they didn?t need to speak aloud. I trembled with excitement. I couldn?t wait to be an adult!

Hee hee!

You know what else I really loved? The part where Melona said her parents were taking pictures of them... that was so incredibly beautiful. I'm looking forward to reading more of this! :)

I feel I should warn you - I'm terrible with keeping up on stories nowadays, so if I don't reply for a while, don't get too upset, because I will eventually be back. :p

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, no wonder you wanted me to hurry up and read this one :)

Yay! A baby! :) I love babies. Did I ever say I loved babies? ;) I really do. :p

I liked the bit about gnat praying, of course, but I especially loved Melona's horrible "vision" of the evil doctor and all that. It's great, 'cause kids really do have such sillé imaginations. :)

21. Anyanka

Nov 8, 2002
    Ooh Dormé is having a baby! :D I wonder what Melona is going to think about her little brother/sister.

Hee, cute post, Yané. :)

22. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    HM Yané, and I have missed you. :_| :p Well, of course my feedback is delish! It's cuz your posts are delish!! ;) And ouch! Watch that noooogie! Me hair is geeeetin' all meeesed up. (Sorry, just watched Braveheart, heh. :p )

Balls!? Parties!? Oh. My. Gnome. [face_shocked] I can't wait!! :D And er.. gee I dunno *why*, but my sillé lil goose head just keeps thinkin there be some chemistry between that there girl and that there boy. Maybee I'm jus stoopid. lol. :p

Very very well done!! Né!! :) AwwWWwWwWwWww! I can't believe they're gonna have a BABEE! [face_blush] And gosh! I really think you have a knack for describing nature! The first paragraph was so lovely and fresh! Now I wanna live on Naboo! :p Awesome reavealing that Melona is telling the story, and knows something that we don't know... Oooohh.. Very exciting! [face_mischief]

And I love: ?The evil doctor and his poison needle?? lol! Very cute! :p I love how she gets carried away with her day dreams! I also loved: ?Well, I?ll share.?, He gave Auntie a mushy love look. Yuck. and of course, ?You have to pray for an gnat? Why?? [face_laugh]

Another fine post lassie! (Whoa. Braveheart sneaking up on me again) I can't wait for more. :)

-~Dormé~-

23. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    up. :)

-~Dormé~-

24. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Eeep!! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, Yané!! :( The stupid computer hates me and shuts down the Internet right as I'm about to post... :mad:

Anyways, it was a great post! YAY FOR BABIES!!!! :D :D :D :D Awwww, somehow, I just *knew* that was going to happen ;) Though I do hope nothing goes wrong with the pregnancy... :( That would be sad. OOOooooohh... and I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! :D That'll be exciting! I can so see Typho leading this swarm of sons around... but I can also see Dormé with a daughter on each hand as they walk down a Naboo street. Of course, if it's a girl, then poor Telon will be REALLY alone in the family :p But I just know that Mel will be a wonderful big sister/cousin :)

Though I loved "praying for a gnat" and asking about stickers, which were both hilarious, age-appropriate and definatly from the mind of a veré sillé Yané, I do believe my favorite part was this:

?We?re going to have a baby!? Auntie beamed as she spoke.

Selona cocked her head. ?Well, where is it??

LMAO!!! OH MY DEAR LORD THAT MADE ME LAUGH SOOOO HARD!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Btw, don't Mel and Sel and Tel have a birthday coming up soon? ;) And I can't wait to see the Handmaiden and the Princess again, and I really would like to know what this new Queen has up her Super-Sized sleeves... I really enjoy your ability to blend in the Large, Epic, Overall Picture of what's going on on Naboo and In the Galaxy, and this small, intimate portrait of these children growing up in the same environment, yet turning out totally different... wonderful job dearie.

Can't wait to read more! :)

~Emma~

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I know this is unusual, but I shall post before I reply to you wonderful people.

It was rather disappointing to return to the more mundane things of life after this delicious morsel of news. The class that Mr. Ru?Olin taught was especially tedious, but I found myself actually looking forward to Hesté?s class. When we entered however, we found that our teacher was in a foul mood. She tried to hide it, but it came out in snatches of yelling and frustrated kicks to the walls. I was practicing some basic Sheotian kicks and stuff, but putting the extra twist that Hesté had taught us. I hadn?t quite got it and I could tell by Selona?s frequent eye rollings that she was quite annoyed with me. I grew more anxious and nervous as Hesté came to observe us. As I tried to execute the straight arrow-jump I slipped and fell on my hips. Rolling over, I looked in horror as Hesté wasn?t yelling or kicking the walls, but rather, crying. I got up and tried to get out a question on what was the matter, but she brushed me away. Even Selona gave me a worried look as we got back to our exercises.

As they say, all?s well that end?s well. I managed to execute all the little twists perfectly, if a little slowly. Selona, Telon, and I walked to the caf, each pondering over Hesté. I smiled inwardly. It was a triplet thing. Just then, a girl named Tiracina Unamé bounding up.

?Melona! Hey! Good job today! You?ve really got it down,? she said encouragingly, pony-tail bobbing.

I smiled, ?Thanks. You weren?t so bad yourself.?

Tiracina shrugged. ?Aww, I guess,? Her voice lowered then, ?Melona, there?s something wrong with Hesté. I?m sure you noticed it. I really like her, and I have to say I?m worried about her.?

I nodded. ?I?m going to talk to her after school.?

?I have to go straight home to help my dad, or I?d go with you,? Tiracina said, ?Tell me how it turns out.?

?Sure. Hey, do you want to eat lunch with us?? I offered.

Tiracina grinned hugely. ?Sure! Wow, this is going to be so cool! I?d never dream I?d eat lunch with the Typhos!?

I paused a moment before correcting her. ?We?re the Jakeens.?

Selona rolled her eyes. Telon glared at her.

?Oh, sorry,? Tiriacina looked downcast for a moment before snapping back into her cheery self. ?Hey,call me Tira, all right??

Later Tira went on to her class, which she shared with Telon, and Selona and I went on to ours together. It was then that Selona told me about Tira?s history.

?Her father is dead. He was found, murdered, on the Unamé farm. No one knows who did it. Some say that the Unamés have always been really into the earth superstition thing and that Tira?s mother sacrificed her husband to ensure good harvests.?

I was shocked. ?That?s horrible! I don?t believe it!?

Selona shrugged. ?Believe what you want. But something?s really weird with this Tira.?

I looked disgustedly at Selona and walked quickly ahead of her. I didn?t want to talk to her anymore.

After school Selona and Telon stayed behind outside Hesté?s door as I went inside. Hesté was picking up various equipment, but her actions were those of someone who was working to escape something. The normal jizz music she played after school was let out was gone. In place was a mournal Nubian ballad.

?Hesté?? I asked timidly, knocking on the door frame.

Hesté jerked around and turned off the music quickly.

?Oh, hello there Melona. What can I help you with? Those?those Sheotian kicks were?were very nicely done.?

Hesté began to cry and she hastily wiped her face with her sleeve.

?Hesté? Is it me? I don?t mean to be bad?I don?t mean to be bad enough to make you cry.?

Hesté looked sadly at me. ?Come here Melona. I need to tell you something.?

I came closer and Hesté sat down on a bench. She patted the spot next to her and I sat down.

Hesté took a deep breath. ?I had a sister. Her name was Wynlé. She was just like you, in movements, actions and gestures. Only she had black hair she liked to streak red on occasion,? Hesté

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.