main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Like Scattered Seeds: Part I: Melona's Story~~HM/OC ~~Updated 7/05/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Sache8, danke! Substance abuse just kind of creeped in. Maybe the commercials are getting to me. ;) :p

Hmmn... women dancing in the stars, eh? Would they include Leiandra, perchance?

;) Her, among others. [face_mischief]

Knight-Ander, you shall find out in this very next post!! :D

Dannie!! Thanks for reading, and liking! All answers revealed in this next post....

bobill, glad you think so. I'm satisfied I'm making Star Wars real, ya know?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sun was setting, and tinged the soft clouds pink. It seemed as if an artist had used the pale blue sky as a canvass, for the clouds were heavy with brush strokes. Pink, gold, white, and blue spilled across the sky. Everything was peaceful. The dust had settled on the roads, and trees were beginning to cast shadows. Laughter and song reached my ears as I stood in the middle of the road. Two figures, that of a mother and child, came into view and I realized it was Tira and her mother. I yelped in joy and started to run towards them. They passed right through me, and an icy feeling filled my innards. I shuddered with remembrance of the ghost man. I turned around to call to them, but they were gone. The ghost man was there, but all he did was stand there and beckon with one hand, a smile slowly curving on his face.

?Come, my pretty, shall we dance??

I spat at the dust before his feet. His smile stiffened from a moment, then widened unnaturally.

?Suit yourself. We shall dance, you and I. We shall. You will dance with the shadows of the Empire.?

And he crept nearer to me, and nearer, till I gazed into the luminous eyes ringed with chalky skin. He lifted a hand to my cheek. I closed my eyes and screamed as I felt

?and woke up to sweltering darkness. Throwing the blankets off my sweaty legs, I straightened my nightgown and heaved a sigh. Seconds later, Auntie and Uncle came running into my room.

?Melona?!? Auntie assailed me with her flowery scent as she enveloped me in a hug. ?Melona, what?s wrong??

Uncle went to the window and looked around. ?Was it another ghost man? Where is he??

I swallowed. ?No, no, he isn?t here?but??

Uncle came onto the bed and stroked my hair. ?But what??

?I dreamed about him. I?was just on this road and everything was so pretty. Tira and her mother came towards me laughing, and I was so happy that Tira?s mother was well that I ran to greet them?but??

I shuddered as I remember the icy feeling. ?They went through me and when I turned around?the?ghost man was there and he?wanted to??

I began to laugh hysterically. Auntie looked at me worriedly. ?Melona??

?He wanted to dance,? I burst out, ?But I didn?t want to and he said that we would?that I would dance with the shadows of the?? I gulped. ??the Empire.?

?Oh, my dear sweet Melona,? Auntie crooned as she rocked me back and forth. ?What a horrible nightmare to have just after what happened. I?m so sorry.?

I started to cry softly. ?I don?t want Tira?s momma to die. I don?t want the ghost man to w-win?and I don?t want to dance with him or shadows or the Empire! Ever! Ever!?

?Shush, baby, shush?Do you want to sleep with us tonight?? Auntie offered in a quiet voice as she wiped my tears away.

I hiccupped and nodded. ?Yes, please.?

?Then you shall.?

Auntie slid off the bed, holding my hand and I stood on the carpet shakily. Uncle came up behind me and carried me to their bedroom, Auntie following in padded footsteps. I slept well that night, and dreamed no more of ghost men, shadows, or the Empire.

Interlude

Dormé and Garrick stayed up late into the dark reaches of the night, worrying over the small girl that lay sleeping between them. For several moments into her slumber, they were both wrapped up in their own concerns for their surrogate children.

?I?m afraid, Garrick.? Dormé lifted her worried eyes to her husband?s face.

He met her eyes with love, and reached across for her hand. He gras

2. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ooooh, I love the flashback thoughts on Typho's part at the very end, there. Poor guy, being right at the scene of Versé and Cordé's deaths... and having to be so professional about it all :(

So Dormé and Typho recognize the species of the ghost man? Interesting. I wonder when we'll find out the details. ;) :p

3. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Loved the interlude! nice to see through our old familiar charector's eyes again for a while. Nice dream sequence, very omnimous w/ the ghost man and everything!

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Whoops, sorry, thought I responded to this already. [face_blush]

Despite it's haunting overtone, that post had some beautiful imagery in it, Yane. And that was nicely put that the ghost man was one of Sly Moore's species, help with the visualization for the reader.

Well done. :)

5. Yan_theSillyPumpkin

Yan_theSillyPumpkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    Sachy, it must have indeed been difficult...at least now he gets to spend his time with family. Find out the details? :confused: Didn't you already?

bobill, thanks! Hope everything wasn't too scary. ;)

Knight-Ander, good to see your response. I was getting worried. Beautiful imagery, ach, you spoil me. [face_blush]

And fear not! I have completed another post, and as soon as Anyanka betas it, I shall have it up.

6. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    hehe yet another sock i see... love it!

7. Yan_theSillyPumpkin

Yan_theSillyPumpkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    ;) Thanks. Did you see the poem in my bio?

8. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe I see the sillypart is really getting to you ;)

9. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    UPPERS!!! :D

10. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm not giving up on this, Yané, and neither should you.

UP!

11. Anyanka

Anyanka Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    No worries, Ander. A new post is on its way. :)

12. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    IT IS HERE!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Life went on. Somehow it did, but I don?t know how. I mean, something horrible had just happened and the sun continued to shine and the birds still sang. One thing that really reminded me that life went on was the plate of gruel I had next morning. Wrinkling my nose up at it, I unhappily scooped up a spoonful of goop. Selona had her nose buried in a book about pilots and starfighters, Telon was talking a mile a minute to Uncle about some speeder, and I was alone in my thoughts about Tira. Drugs were bad, the Holonet said so, but I didn?t know what it could do. It put Tira?s mother in the hospital, and it changed Tira. All that over some small amount of spice or something.

?Uncle?? I ventured.

He looked up. ?Yes, Mellie??

?Can we go visit Tira and her mama??

Uncle smiled. ?Of course. How?s right after breakfast??

I moaned. ?But Uncle! That?ll take forever!?

He winked at me. ?Get going, kid.?

?I?m sorry, sir, but that is quite impossible.?

The lady at the desk was smooth, polite, and betrayed no emotion whatsoever. I glared at her from underneath my red-gold bangs. It didn?t make any sense to me why they wouldn?t let me see Tira, and her mother. I looked up at uncle, who met my gaze, and sighed.

?Please, ma?am, it is imperative we see Mrs. Unamé and her daughter.?

I was impressed. Big words ought to get us in.

But the lady was adamant. ?That is ITALICSquite impossible, sir. Unless you have a pass from the Mayor, I cannot let you in.?

Uncle was puzzled, and I confused. ?The Mayor??

The lady looked abashed, as if she had said something she shouldn?t have.

?I?m sorry, sir. Anything else I can help you with, but if that?s it, I must ask that you leave.?

Uncle Garrick nodded politely and offered a small smile as he took my hand. We left the white room with our shoes clacking on the tile. Outside, we sat down on the white marble steps. I looked out at the scenery. Brilliant red, orange, and yellow hues littered green grass and buildings. I wondered if Tira was enjoying this with her mother, if her mother was well enough to see things like this.

?Do you think we could ask Errian if his daddy will let us see Tira?? I asked timidly, breaking the silence.

?Well, it might be better if we went to see the Mayor ourselves. I have a lot to talk to him about,? Uncle ruffled my hair. ?C?mon, shortstuff. Let?s get rolling.?

I got up, shaking off my skirts, and asked, ?Are you going to beat him up??

Uncle chuckled. ?No, no?Uncle would get in a lot of trouble for that.?

I considered this. ?Oh.?

Uncle laughed again, and led me to the speeder. We got in, and drove away. The wind was blowing gently, lifting leaves into the air. Delighted, I stuck my head to the side of the speeder and let the wind take my hair. I stopped when I almost swallowed a leaf. Soon, the Mayor?s Residence was in view and I covertly threw away my spit laden leaf. After giving our identification, we were let in.

The waiting room was a real treat to see. The floor was carpeted in russet red, and the walls had a dark red wallpaper. Tapestries, paintings, various sculptures, and elegant bookcases lined the stately walls. Sitting down in a plush chair, we waited for the Mayor to come. He came soon enough, and trailing him was Errian. Mr. Turoso?s face was grim when he saw my uncle, and as both men stood to shake hands, I sensed that there was something more to Tira?s story than just a drugged and used mother. Much more. I was afraid. I wished none of this had ever happened. Two tears trickled down my face, disappearing into the red confines of the floor. As I was crying, I felt a warm, comforting hand grasp mine. Looking up, I met the gaze of Errian.

?Come on, Melona. Let the grown ups talk. I want you to see the backyard.?

Gulping, I furiously wiped away my tears. What a baby he must think me! Here I was, nine years old, and acting like I was an infant. Errian led me outside, and I cou

13. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Hmmmm... why can't they see Tira and her mother? Interesting plot twist, Yané.

I stuck my head to the side of the speeder and let the wind take my hair. I stopped when I almost swallowed a leaf.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's what I like about your writing. You occasionally stick some subtle silliness into the middle of the drama.

Well done. :)

14. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    But she is the queen of sillé, Ander ;) I too liked that part. :)

I do so enjoy scenes with our two little friends together. :) ;) Great job, Yané-lady! :D

15. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    This story is very cute and an enjoyable read, Yane. I love Melona and Errian. I think he likes her. I hope that he likes her, even if she is nine and he is twelve. I'm sure they could work through the age difference ;)

Anna

16. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    awww the widdle kids are all so camaradish and everything... If the mayor doesn't let Melona go, she should just sneak in herself, it would be fun!

17. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Yané what an awesome continuation on your story m'dear! I loved the scene with Farise and Mel!

?A loot? What?s that? Did you steal something or?something??

lol, you have a perfect comedic touch to your writing Né Né! I love the very innocent thoughts of Melona, it strengthens her character and the audiences love for her character.

Grrr... and that darned Killani trying to spoil Mel's excitement about the baby! How darest she?? I'm so glad lovely Auntie Dormé sorted things out! :)

I loved the intro paragraph for the bonfire dance! You're extremely well at creating a strong atmosphere that we can imagine with our senses. Fantastic missy! :D I also enjoyed her firstest dance with the young and handsome Errian! *squeals* How cute!! :D You know how squealy I get when these things happen!

Yikes! The post with Tira, her mom, and the Ghost man created the perfect amount of suspense, underlying danger, and a very haunting atmosphere! [face_shocked] Well done! I feel the same about Mel's nightmare... creepy and very uneasy. *is worried* :( :p

I loved the interlude too... Good to know what's going on in the other character's minds

Life went on. Somehow it did, but I don?t know how. I mean, something horrible had just happened and the sun continued to shine and the birds still sang.

TRUE that hon! lol... I like how as a reader I can draw parallels to my life and Mel's... including the plate of gruel she had the next moring! [face_laugh]

Geez, that stupid lady wouldn't let them in! How frusterating... What on earth is going on? :confused: btw, I LOVED this:

I was impressed. Big words ought to get us in.

Epp!!! So funny! Moments like this, with the sweetest little humor snuck in is one of the reasons I like reading your fic! I simply love Mel's voice in this story. [face_laugh]

And I loved the quiet moment with Mel and Errian. Very sweet and touching. :)

In the words of a most famous lord of the sith.... "Impressive, most impressive!"

I cannot wait to read more! Puh-lease update soon! I am most anxious to read more! *perches herself on a fence* :D

-~Dormé~-

18. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Oh Miss Yané I yearn for mooooore!!! *cries* :_|

-~Dormé~-

19. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I'm still here dearest! :) You'd best be writing your tail off!

-~Dormé~-

20. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    With exactly seven "regular" readers/ reviewers, this story is eligible for Most Underrated Story. So I have nominated it. :D

21. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seven readers?! Are you serious?! And you nominated this story?!!!!!

:eek:

*tackle hugs Sachy*

22. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    I don't know what the "official" requirements would be, but I counted "regular" as someone who'd posted actual feedback more than once. The seven of us would be me, Ander, Anya, bobilll, Danni, Emma, and Dorme. :p

23. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Okay, the time has come for me to pick an excerpt. What excerpt should I submit? I was thinking perhaps the Rain, or the Ghost Man Dream, or maybe the Prologue?

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    The Rain, definately. I think that was one of your best written parts ever. It's a fantastic example of your style, too. :)

Good-luck, Yane. :D

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I submitted the Rain excerpt, whether for good or evil, the future has yet to tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.