Like Scattered Seeds: Part I: Melona's Story~~HM/OC ~~Updated 7/05/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    ?She?s a bad sort. I don?t understand how she?s our sister.?

?Well, she has the same mother and fa-? I stopped short as he gave me a withering glance.

?You?re so dumb sometimes, Melona. But hey, sing me the song later. I want to hear it. Ru?Olin?s a downright prat.?

Lol! That's funny, I like it. I love those lyrics too! *grins*

Great chapter!

:Targeter:
  2. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... interesting... wonder what kind of tricks she has up her sleeve now for that old fart...
  3. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, that back-stabbing Selona. :mad: I wonder how she's their sister, too. ?[face_plain]

Nice lecture by Uncle Garrick, he truly knows what he is talking about.

Well done, Yané. Can we expect another post soon? :D

[face hopeful]
  4. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks all!

You can expect another post, seeing as how it's written but since it's a VERY pivotal post I want more description and it's not quite satisfactory to my tastes. It'll be up soon though.

I hope.

:D
  5. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think I'll just go and screw description. Here's the post.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Months passed, and each day brought closer the imminent arrival of Auntie?s babies. We had found out a couple of months ago that she was in fact, bearing triplets. All of us were ecstatic over this, but Auntie was the most pleased with this.

?It?s almost like Cordé, your mother, and I,? she told us, ?And also like you three children. Three is a good number to us.?

She had found out that two of the babies were boys, and the other a girl. Telon, we could tell, was quite happy about this, but he didn?t want anyone to know. I suppose he didn?t think big boys like him should care about a baby. As a family we chose the names Relon, Kelon, and Delona. Relon and Kelon were the masculine forms of Relona and Kelona, after the goddesses of reason and knowledge, respectively. Delona was a demi-goddess, the daughter of Elona, goddess of earth. Her name meant dance.

School had just ended, and we were now in the month of Telona, the first month of summer. We children didn?t know quite what to do with ourselves. The first week we were inside only to sleep. All other times we were swimming in the ocean and climbing trees. Errian and even Farisé came over quite often and together our quintet got in more scrapes than I can, or care to, remember!

One such fine summer day we had just finished our daily swim in the ocean and we were all stretched out on the big slabs of rock that dotted the sandy beach. Everyone had fallen asleep, and when I awoke, I awoke with a fierce hunger. Trotting up to the house, I was soon poking my nose amongst plombs and other such treats when I heard a scream. The scream was broken with gasps, and then I heard someone fall. Eyes wide, I raced towards Auntie?s sewing room. Amidst one of the walls leaned my Auntie.

?Melona! Get your uncle! Call the doctor! I think it?s happening!?

Nodding numbly, I made a swift about-face. Getting a hold of our holo-net communicator I reached the hospital. After I gave them the address, they said they?d be here immediately. Then I reached Uncle Garrick. He, too, said he?d get here as soon as possible. Racing upstairs again, I ran into the room just as my Auntie began to writhe on the floor.

?Auntie! Auntie! Don?t die! Don?t die!? I rushed to her, and held her sweaty palm.

Auntie managed to smile weakly at me. ?I?m not?going?to die?I?m?just having?? she gasped again, ?babies.?

I was terrified. Had my mother gone through such pain to have me? How could my mother and Auntie go through all this just to have a baby? I had no knowledge of anything of this sort. All I knew was that Auntie couldn?t die. She had to stay alive. Selfishly, I wanted her here for me. She couldn?t leave me. She couldn?t leave me here like my mother had.

I stayed with her in the midst of my auntie?s sanctuary, there among the fabrics and things she loved most. My uncle and the medical team arrived too late for my taste, but she was still alive. They carried a heaving, gasping Dormé Typho unto the stretcher and drove her away.

Uncle and I ran out to the beach and everyone, including Errian and Farisé, came with us. They came, salt-ridden and soaked into the landspeeder and together we flew to the hospital.

My Auntie couldn?t die. She just couldn?t.

She couldn?t leave me.

?We have her in a room,? the nurse told us. Looking down at her datapad she clucked her tongue. ?She?s awfully early.?

Uncle Garrick stood up. ?Please, ma?am, is she going to be all right??

The nurse smiled. ?We?re doing our best.?

He swallowed. That wasn?t the answer he wanted. ?Can I be with her??

She nodded. ?Of course.?

I jumped up. ?I want to see her too!?

The nurse shook her head in disapproval. ?It?s no place for a young child.?

I stamped my foot. ?But she?s my aunt! I love her! I love her! I want to see her!?

The nurse looked at me askance, and then turned to my uncle. ?Come with me, Mr. Typho. She?s just this way.?

I looked at Se
  6. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Delona shall no longer mean dance, unless it is a dance of death. Delona means death. For death have I known too keenly.?

Oh, poor Dormé. :( She shouldn't say such things, but with the life she has been delt, the emotion is understandable. How would young-Delona feel if she grew-up and learned that is what her mother said about her when she was born?

I'm hoping that Dormé will come to realize that she has been blessed to have given birth to one live child and not three dead children.

Well done, Yane. :)
  7. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    UP!!

Just making sure people know this has been updated. :)
  8. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, well, well, where has everyone gone? There's an update right here.

It was darkest midnight, and the stars stuck out sharply in a deep obsidian night. The sky looked as if it was nothing but a black velvet sheet hung over Naboo, with shiny, burning sword-tips poking through. It seemed almost likely that the warriors holding the swords of flame would tear huge swathes out of the sky, and then come for the mortal beings that lived down below. The sounds of creatures chirping, growling, and romping in the underbrush were almost upstaged by the quiet, steady roar of the waves crashing onto the shore. It seemed an ominous prelude to the disaster the sky seemed to foretell?or a soft accompaniment to the disaster that had already happened. The night seemed to be burning hotter than any sun in the universe. And the cotton blanket I had wrapped myself in, even over my face, didn?t do much to help. The heat was driving me to distraction, and the hot tears left paths of fire down my cheeks, making it all the more uncomfortable. The breeze that my open window let in gave me no comfort.

Why, do you ask, on such an eerily beautiful, but extremely hot, night, was I wrapped in a blanket from head to toe?

Two reasons, really. The new baby had been placed in my room, its pale pink basinet glowing almost iridescent. For the longest time I had lain awake on my side, staring at the basinet imagining the tiny baby inside. Staring, and crying. The baby didn?t even cry at night, little Delona must have instinctively known that her own mother would not come to comfort her. It was hard to have Delona in my room, but where else would it go? I probably could have done without the blanket if it had only been for the forlorn basinet in the corner. But the other reason?the other reason was my beloved aunt. She stalked the halls at night, in her white nightgown and a light blue shawl wrapped around her shoulders. Auntie Dormé had owned the shawl a long time, it was one of the shawls she had worn while she served Senator Amidala. Auntie roamed the house, her dark brown hair half covering her tear-stained face, muttering, ?I?m here, Milady. Are you all right?? over and over. Sometimes she would switch to another imaginary dialogue with Amidala, and sometimes she would talk to my mother, which was heartbreaking. One night I turned over and faced my window, but then I saw the long shadow of my aunt in the doorway and I tried to close my eyes. But it didn?t help. My eyes seemed exposed, and so I wrapped myself in a blanket and tried to sleep it all away. Auntie Dormé stood in my doorway often, looking blankly at the basinet, at her daughter. I was sniffling when I heard the quiet shuffle of my aunt?s footsteps enter my room tentatively. I froze, straining to listen. Peeking over the edge of my blanket, I saw her lean over Delona, and then, much to my surprise, pick her up. Delona burped quietly, then rested her head on her mother?s shoulder. Auntie crooned an old Nubian lullaby, one she had crooned to me when I was younger. Stroking Delona?s light brown feathery hair, she seemed at peace.

But she wasn?t.

The lullaby was broken by little snatches of sharp intakes of breath, and as she turned, I could see that her eyes were unusually bright. The tears spilt over and she began to sob. The wracking of her body began to startle Delona, who then began to wail. Auntie tried to sing the lullaby again, but her voice was horrible, twisted by her sobs. I shook off the blanket and was climbing out of bed when Uncle Garrick ran in.

?Melona!? he shouted. ?Stay where you are! I?ll take care of this.?

?B-b-but?? I stammered helplessly. I had seen Uncle try to get Auntie back to bed before. She would rail against him, screaming and cursing him. She progressed into slapping him, and then she tried to beat him up with the cycles.

Auntie turned around to gaze blearily at Uncle.

?She?s the only one left,? she said, half-crazed as she frantically stroked Delona?s back, ?Like me. I?
  9. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Boy, there are some deep psychological problems going on with the characters in this story, that's for sure. Dormé has gone completely loopy and what's up with Melona? Since she is telling this story from some distant time in the future, is what she sees in the mirror now or then?

Loved the metaphors in that first paragraph, btw. Well done, Yané. :)
  10. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed two updates? Wow I'm really out of it... Agree w/ Ander, some deep pscycological problems! I do feel sorry for Dorme, I'd be lonely too if all my friends died... And two sons dead? That's bad... And poor Delona, stuck in the middle of all this!
  11. Dorme Force Ghost

star 3
    HM_Yané, how exciting for me! THREE delicious new posties to read!! ECKKKK!!! :eek: *does a happy dance* Now I know how much you enjoy my bright colored posties, so I shall arrange it all very loverly. :D

Postie #1:
    Hehe! First of all, I love the song you came up with. It's extremely halarious... Melona is quite the little songwriter. My favorite verses would have to be... Ru?Olin was a fine old man, And sooner he would be damned... and He lied through his teeth and smiled as he spoke, Not knowing all his words were no more than a joke ! Tehe! It reminds me of the great days of elementary school past... :p

As for Selona, well, let's just say... I've been waiting for her character to be redeemed and understand her evil little mind, but now certainly is not the time. [face_plain] Oye! That girl curiously reminds me of Percy in Harry Potter! Especially in book number 5... If you catch my meaning. ;) *coughcoughEVIIIILcoughcough*

Haha! I love this bit too... ?Melona?those lyrics were?quite clever.? Whoohoo! Good ol' Uncle Garrick! Me liken the man. I also really enjoyed the passage when Garrick sat down with Melona and had a little heart to heart almost... It was done very well, not cheesy or overdone. It was perfectly executed. And I'm glad Melona has a better understanding of the best way to honor her parents... You can feel her character growing up. Nicely done.

Postie #2:
    Hehe, this little bit reminds me of my own experiances. :p ...the month of Telona, the first month of summer. We children didn?t know quite what to do with ourselves. The first week we were inside only to sleep. All other times we were swimming in the ocean and climbing trees.

And eppp!! The triplets are coming!! How exciting! I simply loved Auntie Dormé's reply: Auntie managed to smile weakly at me. ?I?m not?going?to die?I?m?just having?? she gasped again, ?babies.? lmao! I love that line. :D Oh, and nice job with Melona's emotional/psychological response to Dormé going into labor... It was really well done and it's something that other authors could have overlooked. Awesome job chica!

And oh my bantha. :eek: What a shock that only Delona survived. I'm really stunned... And what chilling and haunting words Dormé utters: ?Delona shall no longer mean dance, unless it is a dance of death. Delona means death. For death have I known too keenly.? :_| Pooooor Dormé!! *sobs* For why HM_Yané?

Postie #3:
    Really incredibly well done opening paragraph. It creates the perfect mood for the reader... The breeze that my open window let in gave me no comfort. Great sentace... It conveys so much, and yet is still so simple.

?She?s the only one left,? she said, half-crazed as she frantically stroked Delona?s back, ?Like me. I?m the only left and now she?s?she?s all alone too.? I-- I-- It-- I-- PoooOOoOOOooRrrr Dormé! :(

And epppp!! Melona and Errian. This is growing to be very interesting missy! Could he even now stand the sight of me? As I gaze at myself in the mirror, I shut my eyes tightly. If I couldn?t, then he couldn?t either. What's happened now with Melona and Errian?? And why does Melona shy from her image in the mirror? This is so intriguing... Goodness me! What next!!?

HM_Yané, I must applaud you. *claps* Wonderfully done. These three posts were all so awesome, you're story is really beginging to take off. I can't wait to see what's coming next! Puh-lease write more soon! I shall be egarly waiting... And do hurry or, as Knight Ander says, I could have a conniption!! Which trust me has happened before. ;) *begins to panic* hehe. Only joshing.... For now.... *mysterious music plays* [face_whistling]

[hl=mediumsea
  12. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_blush]

You guys! :D You guys make me so happy I'm o'er here sqealin' with dee-light! [face_dancing] I am definitely and very muchly encouraged to write more...and more..and...eepsies! I'm getting the tinglies I'm so excited!!

Knight-Ander, Melona is indeed telling this story from a point in the future, though when exactly, you will find out later. She is looking at how she's changed and how she is "now" which is that point in the future. I hope that makes sense to you. And as for Dormé...well, as a handmaiden she had to keep her grief in. She had a Senator to take care and all that goes with that. How she is now is just a buildup of everything. Don't worry, she'll be fine. :) And thank you very much for liking the metaphors. :D ;)

bobill, don't worré about it. ;) You're here now, that's all that matters! Yes, I know there's a lot of problems but without problems, we wouldn't have a story, now would we? And without solutions to those problems we wouldn't have an ending. And I assure you, we will have one. I hope. [face_whistling] ;)

Dorme, ack! Look at what I've done to "you"! :p THANK YOU THANK YOU for coming back and posting to me storé! You make me feel all warm and fuzzé inside! :D Only now my story has begun to take off? ;) Haaha, just joking. I was looking at the document which says I have 54 pages of this thing and I was like, "Wow." I couldn't believe it. This story really needs to start movin'.

Move on upp...to the East Side....

Well, ladies and gents, take one last look at nine year old Melona...because that's the last post you're ever to see of her...

~~Sillé Yané~~

13. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    And how old will she be in the next post, huh? o_O
  14. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, KA, look forward to the teenage years. [face_mischief]

~~Sillé Yané~~
  15. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Here's a tiny bit to appease your appetites. :p It's not much, but I needed something on which to build a bridge to the six year speed up. Hope you guys like it.

It was through their eyes that I saw their fear, sadness, and disappointment. Beneath all the layers of hurt they had suffered on my part, I also saw love there?love for me, even though I had let them all down. The night that I looked down on my baby girl, I saw her illuminated in the incandescent moonlight, her innocence and purity magnified by the guardian of the night. As she stirred in her basinet, I came to realize how helpless she was?I was struck suddenly with what could be, if she grew up as unguided and helpless as she was?but I was still in the throes of my pain, and the hurt that had been with me all these years had snuck in and clung to me tenaciously. Trembling, I picked her up and tried to sing. But I couldn?t?I couldn?t go on?Glancing to the side, I saw the wide-eyed glance of Melona, tears filling her eyes. I closed my eyes, feeling dizzy.

?She?s the only one left,? I said, half-crazed as I frantically stroked Delona?s back, ?Like me. I?m the only left and now she?s?she?s all alone too.?

?Dormé,? Garrick whispered, ?Put Delona down and come to bed.?

?It?s a dance of death,? I spoke, ?She will dance, but it will not be for joy, it will not be for life?it will be a dance of death.?

?No, Dormé. She is alive. There is still life in this, love.?

?My baby boys?they?re gone??

I started to cry again. Garrick took both Delona and me into his arms, and held us as I cried. Moments that seemed like days passed until finally my crying subsided. Delona made a small noise and I looked down at her. She gurgled happily and tried to grab my hair. Garrick, beside me, smiled and presented his thumb. Wide-eyed, she gazed at my hair and then at his thumb?with a sudden peal of baby laughter, she grabbed his thumb and yanked on both his thumb and my hair. I couldn?t help it?I laughed. Delona murmured pleasantly, and let go, sighing as she did.

?There is still life in this, love,? Garrick said again.

I looked up at him and smiled. ?I love you.?

Garrick kissed me softly. ?And I you.?

Delona burped, and I had to laugh again. ?And I wuv you, yes I do?? I cooed, tickling her stomach.

I don?t know what it was, but when Delona looked at me, and at Garrick, and then chose to cling to both of us?I felt guilty. As if she was saying, in her own way, that no matter what, she?d stay with both of us. And I?I had abandoned her. But not anymore?this child was my own, and I was blessed beyond the Force to have her here with me, this child of dance.

16. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Two updates in the same month! :eek: :p

Interesting retelling of the previous post's events from Dormé's point-of-view. I hope Melona learned about Dormé's return to mental-clarity and love of her daughter. :)

Well done, Yane.
  17. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Yepyep agree w/ Ander... a nice Dorme point of view of her own mental trauma. Hope Melona feels better...
  18. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6

Society is a funny thing.

It praises the famous, the beautiful, the rich?the accomplished. It is comprised of so many royals, nobles, and well-to-do folk, but are somehow both single-mindedly vicious and gracious as a whole. It is often a weak-minded body, easily swayed one way or another. In the right hands, they are a most valuable tool. However, unity is not always to be found within this most capricious assortment of people. More often than not, they fracture and splinter, dissenting over the most trivial matters. When it comes to the most important, most significant matters, they disintegrate at an astonishingly fast rate. That is how a corrupt society is. That is how it can be. At this day and age, that is how it is. It is not easy to accept for some. Especially not for me?and especially not for my dear friend, Princess Farisé.

The past six years have been good to us, and in the eyes of society, very good to the youngest daughter of Queen Kylantha. However, the eye of society is a fickle one and it tended more to shine the spotlight on her three older sisters. The eldest, Princess Rianna, was a formidable opponent in a battle of wits. It was said her tongue was sharper than a two-edged vibroblade. Her intelligence was reputed, almost a standard. While she was not pretty, society did not seem to mind of that at all. However, in the area of beauty, the second eldest, Princess Cahrina, was their doll, their fashion plate. She was stunning, ravishing, without a doubt the most gorgeous woman on the planet, rivialing the famed angels of Iego. What brains she had was hidden by a smile, a wink of long, flirtatious eyelashes, and an elegant turn on the dance floor. Princess Brianné was the ?pity princess?. Slow, stupid, and deformed, she was society?s pet charity project. No one was as ?good?, as ?kind?, as dear Princess Brianné. And that left?Princess Farisé.

Like all the other princesses, except for maybe Princess Brianné, she was given the royal treatment, education, and attention. When she was born, she was heralded like all her other siblings had been heralded: a royal child. She was pampered as the youngest, coddled as a girl, and prized as a worthy chess piece on the great chessboard of politics. But whereas the light continued to shine on her three eldest sisters, the light soon grew dim on Princess Farisé. She wasn?t as smart, as pretty, or as good as her sisters. She just?simply was. Everyone overlooked and underestimated her. It was a hard trial for my friend, to always be compared and never good enough for anyone. Her mother was a wonderful woman and a redoubtable queen, but she simply did not have time to truly come to know what a treasure each and every one of her daughters was. Farisé had few friends, the best of them included the handmaiden Alanté, and myself. If she was lonely and dissatisfied with how her life was, she showed very little of it. Her true feelings were always hidden by a smile, a song, or the most extreme, a stony glance. Few had the audacity to say that Princess Farisé was unhappy, and so life went on. Princess Farisé was following the law of pressure. If enough pressure was pushed onto her, she would explode. And the climax was not long in coming.

Farisé and I had continued to take music lessons under the strict tutelage of Mistress Torlan. We learned much and was praised by our critics, but sometimes I noticed they praised me more than they praised her. I was the ?wild card?. I was the unknown girl who had found favor with a royal, and was soon braving all the odds to achieve her dream. It was nothing more than Hutt slime. The media could not seem to understand pure friendship and pure love of music. Well, they could, but only if it made ?the best story?. In this case, it served them better to forget about the youngest princess and milk my story for all it was worth. She and I both played the lute and both branched out into singing as well. We harmonized well with each other and performed tog
  19. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    That's an interesting insight on royalty. I like how you integrated the songs to have secret meanings. It's interesting what the public can do sometimes to really tick you off...
  20. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    I foresee a royal runaway sometime in the near future. ;) The question is will Melona take along?

Excellently written update, Yane. :)
  21. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
  22. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    *mutters how all the authors updated while she was away and the nshe ended up not noticing*

Oooo, i love that post, it's really.. okay, well I can't think of the word at the moment. But I loved this post a ton!

Hehe, that's funny. I've got an OC who's named Brianné.

:Targeter:
  23. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Holé crap! I haven't updated this since July! *bites lip* I'll get back to this soon...I promise!
  24. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    :p It would be, wouldn't it?

I've decided to work on Melona everé Saturdé and post everé Sundé...or something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.