Like Scattered Seeds: Part I: Melona's Story~~HM/OC ~~Updated 7/05/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Handmaiden Yané, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that sounds great, but I'll believe it when I see it. :p ;)
  2. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I started writing!!!!!!

Look forward to some Errian/Melona action! :D
  4. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    YAY! We get a postie soon!!!

:D

:Targeter:
  5. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think I've got something...let me fix the title real quick...
  6. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So I'm late...sue me...it's not much, but it's something and it moves the story along.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It seems so long ago. When Farisé and I were fighting over who would be the man in our dancing lessons?who would get to play Pretty Paola or Neat Nesta?or if I got to wear her pink dress this week or the next week?just petty stuff! Stuff that I would die now to get back?I was just mulling over the latest fight we had about?er?hair dye(?) when a deep, male voice interrupted my thoughts.

?Melona??

I whirled around to see a tall, dark, handsome?Errian. I smiled. A distraction! All I wanted now was to talk with one of my best friends about pointless stuff?like sublight engines?and maybe even dance.

?Errian! It?s good to see you. I trust you enjoyed the concert??

Errian inclined his head politely. ?Very much so. You were wonderful.?

?Thank you,? I dipped into a dramatic curtsey and tossed my head. It was a childish custom between Errian and I?he the dashing prince, and me as the beautiful princess. After my curtsey, he usually bowed back and then we?d have a mock fight in which I?d thoroughly kick his butt. But this time?he just stood there, a strange look in his eyes that frightened me. I was hoping he?d say something, hoping he?d grin at me lopsidedly and ruffle my hair, but he never did.

?Want to dance, Errian? They?re playing the new jizz tune.?

I grinned, and to my great relief, he grinned back.

?All you want to do is dance,? he ribbed.

I smiled easily. ?Well, why not??

He led me out on the dance floor and we joined everyone else, dancing, laughing, out of breath?just like old times.

After the song was over, I was thirsty and Errian went to go get us some drinks. As I passed by my aunt and Errian?s mother, I nodded and smiled, and went to go sit down. They moved away and as they did so, I heard some of their conversation. ??what a nice couple??

I shivered. Were they talking about??

I got up from my chair and looked around desperately for Errian. There he was, coming through the crowd?he reached me and handed me my drink, which I grabbed and gulped down. Errian laughed, and tried to take it away.

?Calm down! Good thing it?s not alchoholic!?

I let him take it, and glared at him. ?Why not??

I half-turned, unpleased with the evening in general. The band was now playing a slow love ballad, which made me roll my eyes. I was about to walk away, when he took my hand.

?Will my lady dance??

Something caught in my throat as I saw how earnest he was. Swallowing awkwardly, I allowed him to lead me back onto the dance floor. It was nice, I guess, dancing the Starry Waltz. It was a beautifully elegant dance and I loved it?but with Errian?it was new and strange?I wasn?t used to seeing my best friend this way. The dance finished way too late, and I tried to get away?wasn?t it time to go home yet? But again, he took my hand and lifted it. His lips barely grazed my fingers, and then he moved closer.

And I punched him.

?Ouch! Stars, Melona!?

?I?m sorry!? I whispered in a strangled voice, and ran.
  7. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like Melona is all befuddled about her feelings and Errian is the poor fellow who has to pay for it. :p It will be interesting to see if the bumpy road of that relationship will ever be smoothed out. :)

Nicely done, HM_Yane.
  8. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    And I punched him.

I love it! Melona doesn't let anybody take over her! very cool.
  9. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Dude, check out the awesome reviews my storé got:

The FanFic Newsletter

After I get Anyanka's new email address, the post should be on its way to be beta'd.
  10. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats, H_Y. =D=

Hope you didn't review your own story. ;) :p
  11. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congrats on the reviews, Yané! They were well deserved. :)
  12. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LOL, KA! No, I reviewed other people's stories. ;)

Thank you, Anyanka! Glad to have you back!!

Times were changing.

With Farisé and now Errian as well, everything seemed complicated. One change, however, that delighted me and continued to delight me, was Delona. Delona was now a chubby five-year-old girl who lived up to her name with ebullience and giggles. She danced everywhere. Whether it was in the kitchen, outside, on trips to the market?or into the hearts of all who met her, she was a joy to behold. Delona looked exactly like her mother: huge brown eyes and brown hair, though her curly hair was definitely from her father. Usually, my social life consisted of visiting with Farisé or ?fighting? with Errian, but for the first time in my life, I didn?t want to have to deal them. So whenever Aunt Dormé and Uncle Garrick had to go out, I automatically volunteered to baby sit Dellie. Not that Selona or Telon ever protested. I spent many a day with Dellie, and it was through her that I learned a very important lesson.

?Mellie! Mellie! Sing me a song!? she clamored.

Everyone had left, and Dellie and I were going to spend yet another day together.

I smiled. ?Dellie, I?m not feeling very well. Would you mind if I just played something on the lute??

Dellie adopted a serious expression on her face, which almost made me laugh. Whenever she considered something, she would purse her lips, making her chubby cheeks even chubbier. Her eyes would narrow, and she would place one index finger on her adorable button nose.

She nodded gravely. ?You can play something for me, then.?
    I picked up my lute, and took Dellie?s hand.

?We?re going to the forest, okay??

Her face lit up. ?To the Tree??

I grinned. I heard that capital T in her voice! ?Yes,? I affirmed. ?To the Tree!?

We hopped, skipped, and danced our way to the Shi?ara forest and found our Tree easily. Settling down, I proceeded to play a simple melody. From then, I progressed into a complicated song I was working on, knowing Dellie wouldn?t notice and knowing I really needed to perfect. The sun rose higher into the sky and eventually, Dellie fell asleep.

Leaning my head against the tree, I watched my little sister?s face as she slept. There was a small smile stretched across her face, and the corners of her eyes turned up mischievously. Gazing at her, I realized I was happy. It didn?t take much, did it? Nature, music, a sister?if it didn?t take much, then why did people go to such extremes to be ?happy?? And then in end, realize they weren?t happy and needed more? For instance, why did Errian need to kiss me to be happy with me? Why did Farisé need the approval of everyone to be happy? Why couldn?t they just be happy with what they already had?

I remember that day as the last day I was happy in the simplest way you could be?after that day, well?you?ll soon see.

13. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a sweet anecdote of Melona and her cousin, Yane. Well done. :)

I remember that day as the last day I was happy in the simplest way you could be?after that day, well?you?ll soon see.

Oh dear. Poor Melona. :( Now it seems more like a bittersweet moment. I'm starting to wonder if there will be happiness in her life after this story. [face_worried]
  14. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another lovely post, Yané. I'm very glad to be reading again. :)
  15. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Awww! Nice posts Yane! I could've sworn I replied to the one before this, but I guess I didn't. Hmmm...

ANyways, that last post was very sweet, nicely done.

:Targeter:
  16. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    An UP asking the author to PM me when she next decides to update this story. :)
  18. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Another UP just to make sure this doesn't get locked. :eek:
  19. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh.... Yané! I have re-caught up, per your instructions! :p Oh honey, I love it so much, you're writing has only gotten better and better! I really like how bitter Farisé (is that how you spell it?) is getting more and more bitter. It is a very interesting twist on their friendship. Though I do want to know what happened to Tira and her mom! Ack! talk about some loose ends that are eating away at my mind! 8-}

I also like the advancment in the relationship between Mel and Errin. Veeeeeery interesting :D ;) He is quite the ladies man, isn't he? hehe. Very cute. I love how little Delona has grown. She reminds me very much of Mel when she was little. I spose that's what happens when you're raised by the same people [face_thinking]

Anyways, even though you haven't updated in a while, I shall hold out hope here with KA. We'll pitch a tent, and have a bonfire and roast marshmallows! It'll be great. But you know what would be better... a postie, o' course! [face_whistling]

~Obischick~
  20. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Obischick! Thank you for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Against my better judgement, my overwhelming excitement over this post is making me post it.

This is all Knight-Ander's doing, so thank him for providing me with inspiration a well as this post!!!

The saying is as timeless as the subject matter.

?Time flies when you?re having fun.?

Well, I don?t know if I was having fun, but the weeks, months, and years after that day under The Tree certainly learned how to fly without me even noticing.

The days when I saw Farisé quickly became long and tedious, and we started to drift further and further apart as friends. She assured me that she wasn?t angry with me, but she wouldn?t give me a reason for why our relationship was falling apart. I blamed myself for Farisé?s disinterest in our friendship at the time, but it soon became evident that things were changing at the palace and Farisé was gaining more and more power.

Auntie Dormé noticed it first. ?Melona, isn?t that Farisé??

I looked up from the music book in my lap that was holding only half of my attention; it was pouring rain outside, otherwise I would have gone out to The Tree to study. Delona, who was now seven years old, was humming a carefree tune while doing her chores in the kitchen, and I was having a terrible time trying to guess what it was. ?What did you say, Aunt Dormé?? Uncle Garrick was out tending to an errand, Selona was presumably studying in her room, and Telon was in the garage tinkering with something.

Auntie pressed a button on the Holonet receiver, rewinding and pausing the image from a news broadcast about a reception at the royal palace for the Emperor and several members of the Imperial Senate. ?Isn?t that Princess Farisé speaking to one of the senators??

I turned my attention to the image which was a wide shot of a dais where several senators, Imperial officers, and Naboo officials were standing behind a table, waiting for Queen Kylantha to arrive. No place was set for Emperor Palpatine; he rarely made public appearances when he was on Naboo. On the far left of the image was Princess Cahrina, flirting with the two officers flanking her as if she couldn?t help it. Several chairs down, and two chairs to the left of the queen?s empty seat was Princess Rianna speaking to a sector governor that I didn?t recognize. Two chairs to the right of the empty seat was---.

?Farisé!? I pronounced with a mixture of surprise and excitement in my voice. ?What?s she doing there??

Auntie Dormé raised an eyebrow at me. ?Well, she is the Queen?s daughter.?

?I know that,? I scowled at her. ?It?s just that?? My mouth opened and closed like a fish. I really didn?t know what to say. The seating arrangements didn?t make sense for that high in the social stratosphere. Wasn?t Cahrina suppose to be sitting where Farisé was? And where was Brianna? Despite her disabilities, Queen Kylantha always insisted that a place at the main table would be made for her third daughter, but all the places were taken.

?Haven?t you heard?? Auntie said when I asked about Brianna. ?She?s been ill for months, and the palace hasn?t given a clear reason as to why or how severe it is. Rumor is that her illness is very suspicious.?

I gave my aunt a look. ?I don?t listen or read gossip, Auntie.?

My aunt nodded, but a mysterious smile came to her face before she said something I will never forget. ?You shouldn?t believe everything you hear, but you should hear it.?

I turned back to watch the holonet image when she restarted it, my eyes focused only on Farisé and the senator she was speaking with. I couldn?t read their lips, but the conversation they were having didn?t seem to be small-talk. ?Who?s that senator she?s talking to??

?Senator Bail Organa from Alderaan. Isn?t he dreamy??

I looked up, surprised to see my sister was in the room, but also surprised to hear her speaking in such a sing-song voice. ?Selona??

?I wouldn?t say `dreamy,?? Aunt Dormé shocked
  21. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    YES!!! IT WORKED!!![face_dancing]

uh, I mean, yay for a new postie! That was excellent KA/Yané!! I really like how you show Farisé and Mel moving apart from one another, and her gradual rise to power. I can't wait to find out more about the power struggle behind that. The teasing relationship between Errian and Mel was cute too. I love how she thought he was kidding about his injury but he had really just fell out of the bed! That's hilarious!

YES! I love how they describe Bail, dashingly handsome indeed Dormé! ;) I wonder if Dormé realizes that Bail's daughter is really Padmé's? That would be interesting to have her discover.

I am very peturbed by Mel, Sel and Telon all applying to the Imperial Academy. Is it on Naboo or do they have to go to a different planet to get there? Poor Mel, she barely realizes what she's getting herself into, does she? And I would have loved to see the conversation that Dorme and Typho had with Telon about the Imperial Acadmeny. Veeeeery interesting.

Again mdear, I can't wait to see what happens next with this story. Everytime I think I have something figured out, you go and make me question what's going on, and I love it! Thanks for keeping me on my toes. :)

*pitches tent and starts a fire* S'mores anyone? :D

~Obischick~
  22. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think I'm on a roll here. :p

My decision to join the Imperial Academy pervaded my every waking moment and even my dreams in the deep of the night.

I dreamt that I was alone in a long, dim metal corridor with empty, gaping black doorways on either side. The rusty taste of blood filled my mouth and my head was hazy with fever. And fear?fear was so heavy upon my soul that I had to run?had to escape?from where, or from what, I did not know. I knew only to run and run far away.

Faces began to appear in the hallway, faces of people I knew and of strangers as well. There was Selona, who stared at me, reached out with a trembling hand, and turned away?there was Telon whose face was tearstained and spattered with blood, his eyes filled with a pain that wrenched my heart, there was a golden-haired boy that was so handsome to look upon, but who was in a moment chained to a dismal dungeon?

I gasped, and fell down?too exhausted to care about what was hunting me. As I rolled onto my back, an ominous shadow filled my vision and then all I could see were the deep sunken eyes of an Umbran who drew a pale, corpselike finger to his lips, smiled, and vanished. In his stead, was Delona?she smiled prettily as she made a flower chain. She twisted the last stem and stood up, walking slowly towards me and with a solemnity beyond her years. Her gaze grew demonic?eyes glowed red and her smile became feral. She bestowed the flower chain upon my neck then kissed me with ice cold lips.

?Oh Melona,? she said mockingly, ?You are not an Imperial! Oh no! Oh no! What would Errian think? What would Errian think? He love you?he love you love you?but you scorn him! You spurn him! You say oh you say you love him in your soul?but you betray him! You are not an Imperial, but you have become one! Why, oh why do you persist to dance in this dance of death? Why do you love the Empire so??

My mouth dry, I nonetheless tried to scream out. ?I don?t! I don?t love the Empire! Delona, I?I??

And then Errian stood before me?as he did six years ago, in his boyish concern, his dark hair falling into his eyes?
    ?Yeah, I will. I?ll marry you, because I?m not going to leave you. I promise.?

And as he bent to kiss me, he grew and his face grew rough as if unshaven and he was older, older?and?not himself. Some strange man was pressing down on me and I fought him, clawed at his face, but he seemed not to matter?I found a dagger pressed into my hand and as I stabbed him in the back, I could not help but think?that man had loved me?

I woke up, finally, mercifully, and gasped for air. Throwing the sheets off of me, I struggled to regain my bearings. I found that I had been crying, for my tears had soaked my cheeks and my pillow. My throat was hoarse as if I had been screaming. Trembling, I tried to stand up, only to faint and find myself in the arms of Dormé.

I opened my eyes again to Aunt Dormé?s big brown eyes huge with concern.

?Melona, Melona, what is it?? she asked me hurriedly.

?I?I?oh, Aunt Dormé,? I stammered as I burst into tears. ?I?m not an Imperial, I promise. I?m not I?m not I?m not??

?Oh hush,? she said soothingly, gathering me to her bosom, ?I know you?re not. Melona?there is something I must tell you.?

She helped me back onto the bed and smoothed my hair. ?Wait here, love, while I get your uncle.?

In a moment, both her and Uncle Garrick were on either side of me. Their presence comforted me greatly, and I could feel the dream slowly releasing me from its hold.

?Melona,? my Uncle Garrick began in his deep voice, ?We know that for you to enter the Imperial Academy is a huge step. We understand your concern over your brother?s choice to enter, and why we did not fight him on that issue. We are here to make matters clear.?

?The Imperial Academy is indeed a world of opportunities,? my aunt continued, ?Only?not all opportunities are so obviously offered. Melona, we?your uncle and I?are part of the Rebellion.?

I was dumbfounded. It did not come
  23. Dorme Force Ghost

star 3
    HM Yané!! :D Goodness gracious. It's so nice to finally be catching up with your story on here! Yay! I'm responding as I read, so bear with me here! :p Excellent job with Melona and Errian. I loved "...he reached me and handed me my drink, which I grabbed and gulped down. That reminds me of the third class dance party in Titanic! "What? You think a first class girl can't drink?" *girlish squealing* HeHeheTeheehetehe! [face_batting] *sigh* I love that movie.

Great job with Melona's reaction to her new perception of Errian. but with Errian?it was new and strange?I wasn?t used to seeing my best friend this way. The dance finished way too late, and I tried to get away?wasn?t it time to go home yet? Loved the uncomfortableness at the end of her lightbulb moment. Very natural reaction. Geez they are so cute together. [face_love] Why can't she see it?!?!

Love Melona and Dellie's little trip to the Tree. Gazing at her, I realized I was happy. It didn?t take much, did it? ...I remember that day as the last day I was happy in the simplest way you could be... Excellent reflection she has on happiness. Very beautifully put. I know I've had that kind of conversation in my head before too. Very real.

Interesting what's going on with Farisé... Nice job with creating distance between Melona and her. But very sad. :( And I LOVE this line: ?Senator Bail Organa from Alderaan. Isn?t he dreamy?? lmao!!! :D Brilliant. And god, why's everyone joining the Imperial academy!? This is very distressing. [face_not_talking]

Very interesting that you're bringing so many dreams into her sleep. I love reading them. Very symbolic! Especially chilling at the end of her dream when Errian changes into an old man... I could not help but think?that man had loved me? Ooof! *chills* Haunting.

And eppp!!! "Melona, we?your uncle and I?are part of the Rebellion.? Awesome!! I always toyed with the idea that Dormé possibly joined the Rebellion! This is so exciting! And beautiful words by Uncle Garrick, "Melona, all you need to know is who you are. You shall not lose your way if you are loyal to yourself.?

Really excellent passage here: The only problem before me was that I was not sure of who I was?and I was scared to death of my ignorance. I cleaved unto the Rebellion?s cause in hopes that in the fight for freedom, I would find myself someday. Very epic and exciting!

And good god! How terribly dramatic! The scene with Melona and Errian was so shocking! :eek: I can't believe he's off to join the Imperials! And keeping it secret this whole time?? Not to mention he kissed her!! Love this part: Errian?s breathing was haggard, and his eyes made me painfully aware of the depth of his feelings. Really great descriptions. And poooor Errian!! He's so sad and confused! And god! What an exit by Melona! ?And take care to remember me as a Rebel fighter disguised as an Imperial cadet in the future, and not as some girl you knew on Naboo.? So well written Miss HM Yané. I applaud you!!! =D=

Excellent and vivid images and characters. It's getting more and more exciting. I can't wait for more! Your writing has sucked me in again!! ;) Again, it was loverly! And also props to Knight-Ander, it was an amazing postie! I applaud you as well! =D=

Keep it up HM Yané. :D

-~Dormé~-
  24. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow those new posts were great!! :eek: Wonderful job, Yané and Ander. This story has gotten so good!

I particularly liked this line from the first post: ?You shouldn?t believe everything you hear, but you should hear it.?

Pooooor Errian! :_|

More, please!
  25. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Posties! There are posties! [face_dancing]

Anyways, great job, KA/HMY! Love how this is going! Melona's reaction to Telon's was really interesting... cool how Errian can just mention that "thing" that your parents are supposed to tell you about, and Melona instantly picks up. Guess this thing isn't such a well-hidden secret after all, eh?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.