Beyond "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Chapter 18 up 1/21/13!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    He looks like such a deep dark and tortured Sith! Good god I love this story!!!!!
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You know what? I think I do, too!

:p

Thanks! I'm tempted to draw one of him and Jaina at the ball. You guys have any requests for illustrations? :D

Dana
  3. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Love the pictures, Dana!!!! =P~

Yeah, the ball scene would be awesome.

I can't wait until you update, though...:(

FL @};-
  4. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I can't wait until I update, either. I had to rethink some things in the 'fic that became unfeasible, so I'm working around those.

ETA:

Look, more art! This is Rache presenting Jaina to Empress Jade at the ball.

[image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/th_dana_rachejaina_ball.jpg]
    Larger version

Dana
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Sexy Kyp hair and you know my feelings on the cape. I like the depiction of Jaina.
  6. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks. :D I used, as usual, Shane Brolly and Kate Beckinsale for the likenesses.

Dana
  7. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh I love it. Jaina is beautiful & Rache is gorgeous. You have great skills :D
  8. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
  9. princess_of_naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    You're killing me, Dana! The artwork really made me want an update to this story! :)
  10. Alkibiades Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice story. I like a sensible Dark Lord for once. All those maniacs get pretty boring.

Is there going to be a new post anytime soon? Can I be on the PM list?

Alkibiades

11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I know, I'm working on it! It's just been difficult to do.

Thank you! There will hopefully be an update soon, but I make no promises.

I can definitely add you to the PM list. :)

Dana
  12. Quivyr Jedi Knight

star 1
    A rather interesting and fresh take! I'm in definite agreement that Kyp wouldn't be your 'typical' Sith Lord. He'd be all the more dangerous for it, however. And he still has the Sun Crusher, eh? [face_laugh]

Some things I liked? Jaina's being drawn to and repelled to him at the same time. They are both trying to pull the other to their direction, and it will be interesting to see who wins. Jaina's making him promise to never sleep with Jade again made me laugh out loud. Sorry Kyp, your bachelor days are over:p

Add me to the PM list please?
  13. Alkibiades Jedi Knight

star 2
    Please, Dantana, it has been two weeks since you made no promise. Please?

UP!

Alkibiades
  14. Alkibiades Jedi Knight

star 2
    UP!

[face_coffee]

And here is to another update!

Yours, Alkibiades
  15. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    And I give you a cup for the muse: [face_coffee]

I'd really enjoy an update.
  16. Alkibiades Jedi Knight

star 2
    I give you a jolly old UP. And a [face_coffee]

I'd still appreciate an update. :D

Yours, Alkibiades
  17. angry_bendu1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello!:)

I just finished reading this and it is absolutely fantastic! I just wanted to give this a little bitty push up the boards.

Oh, and your artwork was really good!:D
  18. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been so long... I love the pictures, but an update would be great!
  19. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey, guys! I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've updated; I intended to update well before this, but I've had massive computer problems since February. In fact, my computer is at this moment off being repaired, and I'm using a borrowed one. So an update is probably going to have to wait until I get my own laptop back, or I know more about its condition.

I can say that with LOTF, I want to tell the writers to keep out of my head and stop stealing my unposted storylines! :p

Dana
  20. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Except you would have done them with eclat and elan and a bunch of other fancy words that mean you wouldn't have wasted a perfectly good storyline! Please update soon. :)
  21. SilverWolf77 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is a great dark AU. I love seeing a sensible sith lord! And plus it's KYP!!! [face_love] [face_love]

i can't wait for a postie *hint,hint* [face_praying] ;) And if you could be so nice, could you please put me on the pm list??? It would make me almost as happy as a postie would!!![:D]

~SW [face_chicken]
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, I can add you to the list. :)

I've got the next post pretty much done, I just need to finish typing it up and get it to my beta. :D So, new post sometime this week, folks!
  23. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I, um . . . was just diagnosed with chronic depression. All I'm going to say about it is that this involved a hospital stay and resulted in some nice little antidepressants.

I'm working on getting back to my writing, but given what I've just been through, I . . . can't say when it will be.

Dana
  25. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself first... we'll still be here for you when you're ready.

Your writing is wonderful, as are your pictures. Take heart that we know that. Keep us posted, I know my thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade