main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Updated 14 Jan 2016!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, guys, sorry for the lateness in replies. The power cord to my laptop died, so I'm borrowing my mother's momentarily.

Okey-dokey!

Yes! Yes, you totally need to work on that one! It's one of my all-time fave stories around here. (Isn't dark!Kyp great? :p)

Thank you! Yes, you can get that PM, and I'll add you to the list.

Dana

2. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Great update!

The ending was wonderful. I'd love to get the missing scene too if I can.

3. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Wow, what a great suprise! Thanks so much for updating, I loved it!

That was my favorite part. So Kyp and Jaina!

So, I was hoping maybe to get a PM of the next part as well?

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That's actually one of my faves, too.

I'll send the PM right now. :)

Dana

5. Griffins_Ember

Griffins_Ember Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    I just found this story and I'm addicted! please PM me when you update! :D

6. Jainasolorocks

Jainasolorocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2006
    I second that request! this story is amazing, and on some points slightly creepy, but beautifully done! please PM me when you update!

JainaSoloRocks

7. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    ummm *fans self* let me evaluate this...

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    A PM version? I'll take it, please!

9. JediBettyBug18

Nov 13, 2005
    --Chapter Fourteen-- Yay!!

Jaina's plan to redeem Jacen became a little unrealistic in the face of her inability to be in the same room with him. Surprisingly true to his word, Rache kept Reiniger away from her for the most part. :eek: Whoa.

"I think they weren't out to salvage," he remarked to a silent, sullen Jaina several nights after the attack. "I think they were out to destroy."

"Gee, I wonder why they would do a thing like that," she said bitterly.
    Heehee!

His green eyes were steady, face unscrutible. "I'm not going to hurt you, Jaina. I would never hurt you. But I'm not going to hide what I am. You came to me, knowing what I am, needing my help. But I'm not a patient man, Jaina. What I have of it is wearing thin. Given this attack on my ship and my crew, and what it's going to cost me to repair the ship because I'm in the border, waiting for you to fulfill your part of the bargain . . ."
    Ouch, that was totally in your face. Nice.

Despite the fact that there were many ships waiting for repairs there, the Eradicator's repairs were moved to the front of the queue because no one wanted to deal with Rache in a bad mood.
    [face_laughing]

He was waiting for her, as usual, only this time, he was sprawled across the bed. She'd been right about it, it was enormous. OOOOHHH

Kyp reached across the space between them. He used her fork to slice off a bite and offered it to her. After a moment, she accepted, slowly taking the chocolate from the tines with her teeth.

His eyes darkened, black pools in the firelight. Kyp fed her another bite. This time she used her lips, even while she wondering what in the worlds she was doing, taunting him.

OMGosh. omg omg omg. That's hot!

"I've missed you," Jaina whispered. "My whole life, it seems. Even knowing who you are."

Kyp raised an eyebrow as he moved forward, pressing one leg between her knees, urging her back. "Missed me? You barely knew me before you came looking for me."

Jaina put her hand on his chest to maintain some distance. She was having trouble thinking, and she didn't think he was doing anything to her. Yet. "I missed you . . . like the deserts miss the rain," she said.

He propped one hand on the headboard and looked down at her. "You can't miss something you've never known."

"No," she whispered. "But you can long for it desperately, so much you think you could die without it."
    Awesome mushiness. <3

Jaina pushed on his chest to create a little distance, just enough to breathe. "Just so we're clear on this," she said, "I hate you."

Kyp smiled wryly. "No, you don't. But you can think that if it makes you feel better."

Uh-oh! heeheehee!

The post was great!! I'm gonna re-read the whole story again, lol. (been a while)

love, marybeth

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I have been here only on and off, pretty much just been on hiatus for 1,5 years. I'm glad I came here today, though. That update was awesome! I'm gonna need to re-read this story...well, once I'm done with my research paper, that is. xD
    Hm....I know I'm a very naive and innocent girl, probably thanks to my very catholic parents...put please send me the Pm, too. I'm 18, so I think I'll need to face it sooner or later. ;)

Again, wonderful update. I can't wait to see where you'll go with this story.

11. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Like Chilla, I've been away from the boards forever. Imagine my surprise when I came back today and saw that you had updated. Could you please add me to the PM list? If you are worried about my age, let's just say I was already in the double-digits when the first SW movie came out, so I'm probably one of the oldies on here. Great update.......hope you'll keep on with it!

12. SilverWolf77

SilverWolf77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2008
    Man I missed a good chapter..
    What a time I picked to go on hatius...[face_plain]
    This is one of my favorite chapters!!
    I [face_love] the Jaina & Kyp interaction!!
    I can't wait for more!!
    [ And I'll reply quicker]

~SW [face_peace]

13. JediBettyBug18

Nov 13, 2005
    Wow. Sounds like we've all been out a while.....

love, marybeth

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Maaaan, it's been a while. *cough*

I need to update the PM list. If you're not on it (check the first post) and you would like to be, please let me know. Alternately, if you're on it and don't want to be, let me know that, too.

(And if you want the "rest" of chapter 14, please PM me.)

Many thanks to my beta, DarthIshtar, whose suggestions I take into consideration. :p

[b]--Chapter Fifteen--[/b]

The fire had gone out when Jaina woke. With the curtains nearly closed, the bed was dark as the edges of space. It was a lot warmer than space, though, and for a long moment, she lay lethargically in Kyp's arms, not even thinking of anything, just listening to him breathe.

She wanted to stay in this place forever, and that realisation filled her with a mixture of sadness and frustration. Jaina knew she couldn't have a normal life with him. She was a Jedi, he was a Sith. There was no compromise there, no middle ground, even if they had found a temporary one. It wouldn't last.

Rising from the bed, Jaina caught up the outer layer of her robes and wrapped herself in them, using them as armour more now than she had earlier. Quietly, not wanting to wake Rache, she gathered her things. She slipped into the refresher and took a quick sani-steam, re-dressing in a minimalistic tunic and pants. Leaving her feet bare, she tiptoed across the massive room to the turbolift.

Jaina padded into her chamber, tossing her robes on a chair by the door. She headed to the bed. Something cold and wet under her toes stopped her, just a pace or two from it. Then her nose picked up the smells she'd been too distracted to notice before.

Something metallic, something . . . foul, and . . .

She backed up, every hair standing on end, and slipped, going to her knees. Breathing through her mouth and not her nose, Jaina scrambled to her feet and slapped the controls for the light.

The dark grey carpet was stained black in strange pools, mostly by the right side of the bed. The rest of it was almost too abstract for Jaina to make out immediately, but when the pale, white form that lay sprawled across the torn black covers came into focus, everything else did, too.

There was blood everywhere, everywhere but where it should be: in Ailana's veins. The girl was twisted on the bed, feet hanging off one side, a single hand trailing over the edge closest to Jaina, fingers touching the carpet. Her eyes were wide and blank, mouth open in a silent scream.

Having fought a war, Jaina was familiar with death, but it hadn't struck home quite like this before. She felt bile rise and ran for the 'fresher just off the sitting room, falling to her knees and retching until there was nothing left.

Rising on shaking legs, oblivious to the crimson trail she was leaving everywhere, Jaina stumbled to the turbolift and in mere moments was back in Rache's chambers.

He was in the process of dressing, and turned in surprise when he felt Jaina's panic as she almost fell into the room. His green eyes went from her face to her hands.

"Kyp," she said. "Oh, Force."

"What happened?" he demanded. "Is that blood? Are you hurt?"

Numbly, she shook her head and held out her hands. "Not me. Ailana. It's . . . bad. Very, very bad."

He pointed to one of the chairs at the table. "Sit down. And stay here."

She had no intention of arguing, not wanting to see that again. It was bad enough when she closed her eyes.

Rache caught up his cape and stormed out.

----------

As he stalked down the corridor to his apprentice's room, Rache inwardly seethed. Half of his anger, he knew, was from fear at the knowledge that if Jaina had not spent last night with him, it was possible that [i]she[/i] could be where the decoy was. The other half was anger that he had somehow let this happen, that there was an assassin aboard [i]his[/i] ship. He'd planned for it, yes, but that didn't assuage any of his fury.

Rache opened the door to Reiniger's quarters and yanked his apprentice out of bed with the Force. "Get [i]up[/i]!"

Reiniger's ey

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Somehow I'm not buying that it was the captain. It just seems too convenient.

Glad to see this updated, keep it coming. I like the strange relationship between Kyp/Rache and Jaina. It's wildly all over the place!

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Too convenient, you say? Hmmmmmm . . . ;)

I'm struggling with the next part, it's got Leia and she's not cooperating.

17. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    There was blood everywhere, everywhere but where it should be: in Ailana's veins. The girl was twisted on the bed, feet hanging off one side, a single hand trailing over the edge closest to Jaina, fingers touching the carpet. Her eyes were wide and blank, mouth open in a silent scream.

[face_sick] :( Poor Ailana

He glanced at her as he opened one of the large armoires that stood by the bed. "Moving you in here. It's the safest place for you."

Oh, the irony in that.

[face_laugh] But it's fun in there! ;)

Why do I have the feeling it's Reiniger?

18. Griffins_Ember

Griffins_Ember Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    A POST A POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this story! I thought it had been forgotten I'm so glad its not!
    Great post!

19. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Wow, great story so far. =D=

Usually a strict J/J fan, but I'm finding this story very intriguing. Like the dark Kyp, poor Jaina-she's so confused and in a no win situation. Hopefully, she will find a little peace and happiness at the end. Too convienent for the killer to be the captain - I'm thinking one of Jade's minions. [face_thinking]

Kyp might still just have some good left in him, if Jaina tries hard enough, maybe she can get him to turn, Anakin's dream had to mean something. Jacen, I fear, is hopeless and I sense a battle between them in the future.

If it's still available, can you pm with the rest of chapter 14 and add me to your update list??

20. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Fave passage... very Jaina. :)

Where are those CSI guys when ya need em. :p

Great update, Dana. Can't wait for more. :D

21. JediBettyBug18

Nov 13, 2005
    wWoots and kudos, Dana! =D=

love, marybeth

22. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    What a pleasant suprise! :) I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

23. maplecroix

maplecroix Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2007
    I was just wondering a few days ago if this would be updated anytime soon!! I'm so happy to see it has been, and can't wait to read more about this new development. And I just have to say that your writing style is superb. Keep it coming!

24. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    I LOVE this story!! I don't think I've ever responded (sorry..), but I was so excited to see another chapter! The inner conflict and the sheer imagination and creativity in this story are awesome. I'll have to come back with more in-depth comments another time, but I just wanted to throw it out there that I simply adore this fic, thank you sooo much for updating, I can't wait to see what happens next :)

25. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Ok, I stumbled onto this and just did a small marathon reading. Dana hats off to you again, you never cease to stun me with your stories. :D It was nice to come back to the boards and find a story that has been going for so long that I had not found. Let me know when you have more please?