main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Updated 14 Jan 2016!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    Red and Purple... am inflating now!

-A[face_coffee]

2. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    UP so it doesn't get lost. It's been almost 5 months since an update. Dantana, please don't abandon this! It's too good!

JS16

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Do you have a blue/green one? Very dark blue will also do.

Dana? Update? [face_batting]

4. Darth_Intangable

Jan 4, 2006
    blue/green coming right up...

-A[face_coffee]

5. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    This is too good to fade into obscurity.........new post?

There's nothing like an evil Kyppie to get the blood flowing. More....more.....more...... Please?!?!?!?!

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *sets out table of snacks*

Sorry! Doing a billion things at once.

Update soon. Maybe.

Dana

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    =P~ Snacks.... Mind if I take one?

We'll wait patiently. :)

Thanks for the balloon, Darth_Intangable. [:D]

8. Darth_Intangable

Jan 4, 2006
    takes a snack... Dana... here?

before the awards please...

-A[face_coffee]

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm actually working on an update right now. I hope to have it posted within 24 hours.

Speaking of the awards, some really nice people nominated me last time, but this story and "Perfect Strangers" weren't eligible then. They are this time, however, since they were both started after December 1.

Dana

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, new post coming.

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_dancing] Yay! Dana, I love you! [:D] *eyes are shining* *sits down and waits for the update*

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Sorry it's been so long!

[b]--Chapter Thirteen--[/b]

"Hull breach on Level Four," a computerised voice said, above the klaxons blaring through the corridors.

"That's one level below us," Rache said. He thumbed his lightsaber on. The ruby blade almost vanished in the flashing red light.

"Curse whoever designed the lighting," he muttered.

"Hey, you could have checked it before you incorporated it into this behemoth," Jaina pointed out.

He just gave her a look, and she fell silent. They took one of the turbolifts to the level below them. It opened into a broad corridor, off of which branched alcoves with doors labelled 25 through 30.

"Oh, this is where your personal docking bays are," she said. "We didn't come this way before."

"No, we took the private turbolift to level two."

There was a banging behind the door to 30, which was at the end of the hall, opposite them. The door began to bend, and then burst inward. Space pirates boiled out of the doorway, into the corridor.

Behind Jaina, she sensed the arrival of Rache's personal soldier-bodyguards. She raised her lightsaber to a defensive position.

Rache grinned at her, and then he leapt forward, blade swinging.

Jaina steeled herself, took a breath, and joined the fray.

They were a bit outnumbered at the moment, since the rest of Rache's troops hadn't arrived--and there wasn't room for them in this section of the ship. It was down to Jaina, Rache, and the fifteen or so bodyguards.

It didn't seem to slow Rache down, though. He was moving faster than she'd seen anyone go, his blade moving through the pirates like a red wave of death. But the pirates kept coming, though the floor was quickly littered with bodies.

The air in the corridor grew oppressive. Jaina recognised the feeling, and whirled in time to see Rache let out a wave of eldritch lightning that crackled across the room and ensnared at least ten pirates. The dark energy kept flowing, longer than necessary to incapacitate. It pinned the pirates to the far wall, where they twitched and screamed, and began to smoke.

Jaina's stomach clenched, and she almost fell to her knees and retched. How had she almost given in to him tonight? He was a monster, a sick, evil monster!

But she couldn't let down her guard now. There were still pirates attacking, and several of Rache's guards had fallen. The carnage was sickening, but unless she wanted to die here, she had to keep fighting.

Jaina drew on the Force to sustain her, because the battle seemed endless. Already it seemed as if she'd been swinging her blade for hours, though it had probably only been minutes.

Rache let the blackened bodies of the pirates fall to the floor and unleashed a new tangle of lightning on the next group. This time he aimed for the door, and brought down enough pirates to block the large doorway.

"Seal it!" he ordered several of his troops, who carried a sheet of transparisteel large enough to cover the door. It had some sort of instant-weld or seal technology, because they levered it into place and it stuck.

Rache pulled out his commlink. "All fighters to your ships. Drive the pirates away far enough to make our turbolasers useful."

"And what?" Jaina asked. She was shaking, and whether it was from exhaustion or rage at this man, she didn't know. Maybe both. "What do we do with the hole on the other side of that? That's not going to hold them for long."

He pointed to a viewscreen. Jaina stepped forward, and saw that the pirates' ship, the one that had sealed itself to the hull breach just to the side of the force-field-protected bay entrance, had been forcibly wrenched away from the hull by several of the larger ships Rache kept on hand somewhere within the Super Star Destroyer. Sometimes, Jaina forgot they were on a ship much, much bigger than just the Shadow Academy's remains.

The resulting vacuum had sucked the rest of the pirates out into the deep freeze of open space. The hole would have to be sealed from the outside before the docking bay could be used again.

"Now,"

13. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Yay, this story isn't dead!

Very interesting update! Reiniger's actions are mysterious. Looking forward to more from him. Loved Rache, as always.

Hope you get another update to the story.

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I am jumping for joy right now....[face_dancing]

I am so glad to see you returning to your stories, Dana...I absolutely love this...and I can't wait for more...[face_love]

Now can we expect an update on Perfect Strangers in the near future too???...emmm...hint, hint...;)

FL @};-

15. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update. Thanks for the PM. I'm glad to see this back going.

Wonder what Jaina's going to do?

16. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Jaina's stomach clenched, and she almost fell to her knees and retched. How had she almost given in to him tonight? He was a monster, a sick, evil monster!

Poor Jaina. She's in such a pickle. I say sleep with him first, kill him second. That's just my opinion.

"You're running from it," he said. "This was my destiny, Jaina. It's your destiny."

"Luke Skywalker, I'm told, used to say that the future is always in motion," she told him. "As far as I know, there's no such thing as destiny."

You tell him Jaina.

Knowing how Reninger feels might change her plans to save him.

Great udate. Glad this story is back.

17. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    oh man i'm sooooo happy to see this back...

and wonderful update!!!!!!!

i love Jaina and her poignant attitude!!!!! And i don't know why but I actually like Rache, God help me, :rolleyes:

i can't wait for more

*wonders if i read Perfect Strangers...must go check that out too*

so you qualify for the awards? good at least then it'll give me another K/J story to vote for:D

more soon

meg

18. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Good to see you back! Hm, the plot is thicking...

19. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Just loved it=D=

Simply can't wait for more[face_dancing]

20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Very glad to see another post.

I'm also very glad Jaina isn't falling for any tricks :)

One line stuck out for me:

"Luke Skywalker, I'm told, used to say that the future is always in motion," she told him. "As far as I know, there's no such thing as destiny."

That is so incredibly true. Why can't the Jedi of old understand that? It would have put a hell of a lot less pressure on a few people

21. Darth_Intangable

Jan 4, 2006
    YES!!! there's an update!!!

Go Kyp... fry them all!!! So...he's still got the 'sun crusher' cool...

wonderfull as always!

-A[face_coffee]

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    the dyanimic between these two always keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I adored how Jaina confronted Kyp about his use of force lightning and he was just like "huh? Oh, that" so dismissively, like it didn't matter at all *snicker*

Wonderful stuff Dana! I'm so glad you're continuing with this!

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I agree with Jade_Max! Thanks for letting me know this updated!

24. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! A new post! It was so worth the wait! I wonder what will happen to Rache now? Jacen should be turned back, by the way. He creeps me out. Anyway, great post! Just the thing to start off the summer! Can't wait for more!

JS16

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yay! Dana, thanks so much for this update! [:D] [:D] [:D]

[face_love] it! I still like Rache even though killed all this pirates with lightnings. Hope Jaina will be able to change him, so he quits throwing them around.
    Hm... [face_thinking] Reiniger is very interesting.

More of them soon? [face_praying] [face_praying]