main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Updated 14 Jan 2016!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

1. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I'm also sorry to hear this news. I am glad, though, that you are getting help.

As a fellow victim of this disease, I completely understand. Take care of getting yourself back into balance first. There will be time for everything else once you are on an even keel again, no matter how long that takes.

2. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    I do hope you're getting better, and want to say that this story is incredible and I look forward to future posts whenever you feel up to it.

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, guys! Just posting to let you know that at long last, chapter 14 is complete, and will be going to my new beta very soon. Which means you'll be getting a post in the next day or so. :D

The PM list desperately needs to be updated, so if anyone wants to be added, or wants to be removed, please let me know as soon as you can, okay?

Dana

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I am so glad to hear that, and hope this means you have things under control. [:D] This story has been wonderful so far, and the pictures are exquisite! Please keep me on your notification list, can't wait to see the next chapter! [face_dancing]

Oh, and I wish you and everyone here a very happy and prosperous New Year. I'm celebrating with my hubby, 23 years of marriage on New Year's Day! @};-

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Look! A chapter! Many thanks to DarthIshtar, who is my wonderful new beta.

[b]--Chapter Fourteen--[/b]

Jaina's plan to redeem Jacen became a little unrealistic in the face of her inability to be in the same room with him. Surprisingly true to his word, Rache kept Reiniger away from her for the most part.

Rache's troops had captured several of the pirates, as well as their primary ship. The rest had been destroyed, ships and their crew. Even under torture, the pirates wouldn't divulge why they had attacked the [i]Eradicator[/i]. Reiniger handled the "interrogations", while Rache focused his energy on regaining ground lost when Jaina had witnessed his destruction of the pirates during the attack.

The Sith Lord actually felt a little annoyed with himself and ashamed that he had lost control so completely. The fact that he felt that shame just made his annoyance greater. To distract himself from the issue, he focused his energy on the [i]Eradicator[/i], and ordered the ship to an Imperial shipyard for repairs, as the damage was greater than initially suspected.

"I think they weren't out to salvage," he remarked to a silent, sullen Jaina several nights after the attack. "I think they were out to destroy."

"Gee, I wonder why they would do a thing like that," she said bitterly.

She was angry with herself because she'd allowed herself to be deluded into thinking that she could make this work. It pained her to think that she actually [i]missed[/i] bantering with the monster that sat across from her at the table. It was a bad sign, and Jaina wasn't equipped to deal with the emotional tumult.

"We'll be here for several days, at least," he went on, ignoring her scowl. "I'm upgrading the shield generators. They failed much too early in the battle."

She merely sipped her wine.

"Jaina."

Slowly, she looked up.

His green eyes were steady, face unscrutible. "I'm not going to hurt you, Jaina. I would never hurt you. But I'm not going to hide what I am. [i]You[/i] came to [i]me[/i], knowing what I am, needing my help. But I'm not a patient man, Jaina. What I have of it is wearing thin. Given this attack on my ship and my crew, and what it's going to cost me to repair the ship because I'm in the border, waiting for you to fulfill your part of the bargain . . ."

He let the sentence hang, and Jaina swallowed. Anakin had been right; Rache wasn't going to wait forever.

"Soon," she said, and hated that her voice wavered. "Just . . . a little longer."

----------

Rache chose the shipyards at Gyndine for the repairs. Despite the fact that there were many ships waiting for repairs there, the [i]Eradicator[/i]'s repairs were moved to the front of the queue because no one wanted to deal with Rache in a bad mood.

Jaina felt on the verge of going mad aboard the massive ship, with only Rache and Ailana to talk to. Kyp she was avoiding, and Ailana, while a sweet girl and eager to please, was just so naive that it made Jaina's nerves fray.

Her delusions about stalling Kyp long enough to get the New Republic what they wanted and then kill him were tossed by the wayside as she realised that she was only delaying the inevitable. So, too, went her plans of redeeming Jacen. At this point, given how she couldn't stand to be in his presence because of the black pit of evil she felt of him in the Force, Jaina put those thoughts aside. She knew it was not very Jedi-like of her to make that decision, but she could only deal with one Sith at a time, and Reiniger scared her more than Rache did.

As the repairs were being completed on the ship, there was little to do and nowhere to go. They were in the border territories, a dangerous stretch of space, and Jaina didn't fancy taking one of the Stealth-X fighters out and running into any more space pirates.

"You look troubled," Ailana said as Jaina prepared for another dinner with Rache.

"More preoccupied," the Jedi admitted.

The younger woman didn't comment. "Which dress would you like to wear this evening?"

Jaina looked at the expensive silks and velvets, and down at her current attire

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I must say, seeing this updated shocked me. Very glad to see it back. I think I better go back and reread past updates though, as I'm a little sketchy on the overall story now.

7. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    Great update!
    I love your story, no matter how hard I try I can't imagine where you're going with this, but I'm dying to find out.

8. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Yay! Glad to see you're back!! :D

It pained her to think that she actually missed bantering with the monster that sat across from her at the table.

Aw :(

she could only deal with one Sith at a time, and Reiniger scared her more than Rache did.

Ah, I don't blame her.

This time she used her lips, even while she wondering what in the worlds she was doing, taunting him.

hahaha being Sithly ;) :p

9. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  10. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Wow, excellent post! Very glad to see you back.:)

If you would let me know when you update I would very much appreciate it.

Again, fantastic job!=D=

11. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    I'm so glad you're back![face_dancing]

Great update!

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Is it, you know, getting really really hot all of a sudden? *fans self* :p I have a vivid imagination and you're welcome to write what comes next. :D

Wonderful update, Dana! So glad you're back.
    Thanks for the PM!

13. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    *simply melts into a puddle*

What a wonderful way to welcome in the new year with some K/J mush. [face_love]

Can't wait for more of your delicious writing, Dana. :)

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm working on the next chapter now, just sorting through some plotting stuff. DarthIshtar has been a lot of help in that. :)

I frequently have to reread what's come before, so don't worry about it. :)

Thank you! I have to admit, I'm often wondering the same thing. [face_laugh]

Thank you! I'm glad to be back.

Well, she's learning from the master. ;)

Is that a good wow or a bad wow?

Thank you! And yes, I can add you to the list.

Thanks!

I've already written what comes next, but it's not getting posted here. :p If you thought this was hot, well . . . [face_devil]

Heh, thanks. There should be more soon.

Until the next chapter's up, I give you, uhhhh . . . a really, really bad 'shop of the Eradicator. ROFL.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/dantanaskywalker/eradicator.jpg]

Dana

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

[face_mischief] Be sure to PM me, please. :D
    I can always do with hotness.

16. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    I second that pm request.;)

17. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    I'd like to get in on that pm too, please!

18. maplecroix

maplecroix Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2007
    I've just read this and I love it! heheh, if you could also PM me that next part that isn't getting posted, that would be amazing!

19. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Hmmm...what is this *counts on fingers*, can I fifth the PM request :)

~Jaina

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Heh, okay. Sending PMs in just a moment.

EDIT: PMs are away.

Dana

21. Nymue

Nymue Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2007
    Just finished a marathon read ... and all I can say right now is you are evil!!

In a really, really good way, of course.

May I sixth that PM request? [face_praying]

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Heee, thanks! And yes, you may. :D

Dana

23. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I'd also like the pm scene, please. :)

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I've been so busy I haven't checked the boards in forever- and when I do, you had a new post up [:D] And it was awesome! *sigh* Now I really do need to resume working on Fallen From Grace lol :p Send me the missing scene in a PM when you have a chance ;)

~JPS~

25. Smily-faced_Abi

Smily-faced_Abi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2004
    I found this story years ago, and I loved it then, and still do. I love the cover art as well, I don't think I saw it when I first found the story.
    Could I have the PM for the missing scene please? and could I be put on the PM update list as well if there is one, I don't want to miss another post :)