main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" (DN AU, dark K/J) -- Updated 14 Jan 2016!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll give you a hint, it's one of Reiniger's lines.

Dana

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I re-read the whole thing and I'm still drawing a blank, unless it's the line about being a Solo and not having any rules... though I don't think so...

Jade is dense, apparently ;)

3. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002

*whistles innocently* Just keep that in mind for later . . .

Chapter 9 coming right up!

Dana

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    And some sparks . . .

[b]--Chapter Nine--[/b]

Jaina was extremely glad that she had brought sleepwear that covered her essentially from head to toe. Kyp, it turned out, usually slept in considerably less. Truth be told, so did she, but she wasn't about to use her normal habits around him.

When he came out of the refresher conveniently attached to his cabin, he stopped by the side of the bed and stared, one hand frozen in scratching his head so that the black curls stood up in several directions.

"What is that?" he asked, gesturing to the lump in the middle of the bed.

"A divider." Jaina looked smug. "So that you stay on your side."

Genuine amusement transformed his face, and Jaina had to look away. She'd rolled up the heavy comforter and placed it in the centre of the bed, effectively dividing the mattress in half. She also had the half closest to the wall, which might not end up being a good thing, but there it was.

She eyed him under lowered lashes. Black shimmersilk shorts hung low on his hips, the rest of his torso and legs bare. He wasn't bulked up, but every corded muscle spoke of strength.

[i]Shavit,[/i] she thought. Aloud, she said, "Could you put a shirt on?"

He looked down. "You take objection to my attire?"

Jaina just looked at him.

Kyp smirked. She found she couldn't call him Rache, not in the privacy of this chamber. He seemed different here, and that was probably going to eventually be her undoing. But not tonight.

Without a word, he slid into bed, staying well clear of the divider. "Good night, little Jedi."

Jaina huddled under the covers, her back against the wall, and waited until she heard his breathing even out before she let her eyes drift shut.

----------

"Where are we going?"

Jaina leaned back in the co-pilot's seat and stared at Rache, who was studying the readout of the navicomputer.

"Coruscant," he said.

"Why are we going to Coruscant?" she demanded. "I thought the goal was to stay out of Imperial territory."

Green eyes fixed on her. "Because, little Jedi, we don't want to raise Jade's supicions any more than we can avoid. It's too soon to declare war on her. She's got something that she's doing and I want her to let me in on it. I can't let her know that I've sided with the Republic. She has to continue to believe that there is a chance I'll side with her."

"And how, exactly, do you plan to explain me?" Jaina crossed her arms under her breasts and levelled a cool look at him.

He ignored her for a moment, prepping the ship for the drop out of hyperspace. Just as the drop happened, he switched from autopilot and steered the ship towards the planet Jaina had once upon a time called him.

She hadn't been here since she was nineteen, since the Battle of Coruscant and the end of the Yuuzhan VOng war. The Empire had taken it in the confusion and Republic citizens were not allowed within its atmosphere. This was a Republic law, not an Imperial one. The Empire wanted to convert as many people as it could, and would take what it could get.

They didn't, as she'd expected, get into one of the many lines of ships waiting for clearance through the security field around the planet. Instead, they went in a different direction, straight towards Imperial City. Rache keyed in a code and a space in the field opened, closing almost as soon as the tail of the Shadow Chaser was through.

"Have your own private entrance, do you?" she sneered.

"I've been a . . . special guest of the Empress on several occasions," he replied.

"How do I know you're really siding with the Republic?"

Rache didn't look over at her as he flew. "You know the answer to that as well as I do, Jaina. It's the whole reason I took the path I took. I'm not out for galactic domination. I'm out for the complete and total destruction of the Empire, from its head to its very roots."

Jaina looked out over the glittering city-planet. "And how is it that Jade doesn't know this?"

"She knows only what I tell her," he answered. "And she's let power corrupt her. It's go

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Empress Jade and Kyppie. Don't want to picture it.

I loved Kyp here, making Jaina try on the dresses of his choosing. I didn't quite care for the dress he picked out though. Just a different taste I guess.

"You slept with that witch?" Jaina demanded in a low tone, low enough that it reached only his ears.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures, little Jedi," he responded. "Why, does that bother you?"

Actually, it did bother her. Contrary to what she'd been telling herself, she was starting to get possessive, and that was a Very Bad Thing.

Very bad Jaina. Very bad....

You know I think I forgot to mention how I love that he calls Jaina "Little Jedi".

6. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Great post. Kyp is pretty much the nicest Sith Lord you'd ever run across due to not being a maniac.

Now who is he going to mingle with? Always thought Pellaeon and him would get along famously.

Also, I do believe Kyp lied to Jaina about wanting to destroy the Empire, but then when Kyp talks of the Empire what is he talking about? Is he talking about dictatorship, the extravagances of the Imperial Court, administrative incompetence?

The ntion that he would even want to touch Mara makes me sick. He has far too much class for that. she's more for naive, ideliastic and somewhat dim farmboys.

7. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Hmmm, I was actually thinking this too. They are very much alike in certain respects for them not to, given the chance.

And yes, I'm still reading, dammit. :) Loved the descriptions, Dana.

A.

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great post.

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Great update! I just love Kyp in this story.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Heh heh heh, everyone thinks Mara/Kyp is disgusting. Good, so do I. :p

Jaina doesn't care for the dress, either. LOL.

That term of endearment came about by accident. I wanted something for him to call her, so I plugged that in for the time being, and it stuck.

You'll see who he talks to in the next post. And your guess would be a very good one. ;)

Why would he lie to her about wanting to destroy the Empire? ?[face_plain]

The whole Kyp/Mara thing is very gross, yes. Let's just say that he was young and stupid when the whole thing started, and he was still under Exar Kun's influence. He hasn't figured out how to break it off yet.

Mwaahahahaha!!!! [face_devil] Thanks. :D

Thanks. :)

Thanks! I love him too, even if he is a complete son of a Hutt. :p

dana

11. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Dana,

Oh, my, kriffing goodness. Excellent post. Most impressive. Really gotta to love (and still hate) Sith-ly Kyp. Why do I get the feeling that he'll get his Little Jedi before long? Jaina's falling hard and doesn't even realize it. Yup, it all spells trouble. And Empress Jade? Yow. I have trouble picturing her with someone who's not an idealistic farmboy. But she is large, in charge, and can kick the poodoo outta ya (or have her loyal guards do it for her). Yeah, as (shivers) icky as K/M sounds, you don't say no to Empress Mara. Period. Can't wait to see more of this ball. Great work Dana.

12. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awsome update!

Kyp and Mara... that's just wrong. but like everyone else said, you can't say no to Empress Jade. Why am I getting a bad feeling that Mara really doesn't like Kyp having another mistress and is going to try to kill her or something?

I love the way he calls Jaina "Little Jedi" it's a very nice touch.

I'm looking foward to the next part

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, lovely. Kyp is really nice in this chapter.
    And I agree with Melissa: Jaina could be in danger.

Hm.....the German names are confusing me.......Rache fits very well to Kyp, but Reiniger and Jacen?

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Another great post. I just love Kyp in this. He is such a hottie how could Jaina NOT fall for him?=P~

But him and Mara, Ugh!

By the way: thanks for the help on my story post. I sometimes feel so computer illiterate. :)

FL @};-

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thank you. :) Sadly, they're not at the ball much longer after this. I just didn't want to drag it on for more than two chapters. :p

Hmm . . . well, if Mara finds out . . . :D

The "little Jedi" thing wasn't supposed to stay! [face_laugh]

Weellll . . . It sounds more threatening than "Darth Gärtner". :p

*sigh* I wish I had a picture of what he looks like in my head in this chapter so I could show all of you the Sithly hotness . . .

You're welcome for the help. :) But you still haven't read my PM to you!

Dana

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I wonder, have you learned German and how did you get the "ä"? American and English keyboards don't have "ä", "ö" and "ü". (Do they have "ß"?)
    But Gärtner really doesn't fit.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Actually, I must confess that I cheated and used Babelfish. I only know a handful of German words. The language I studied in school was French.

The keyboards actually don't have those, but there's a system where they're still programmed in, you just have to hit a special sequence of keys. "ä" is achieved through holding down the Alt ky, plus typing 0228 on the number pad. "ö" is Alt + 0246, and "ü" is Alt + 0252. "ß" is Alt + 0223. :)

I think I chose German, besides the names just having a feel to them, because of "Darth Vader". *shrug* That, and Darths Vengeance and Jardinier/Décapant just sound stupid. :p

Chapter 10 is mostly done, and oh, the snarky banter! Hopefully I'll have it up within an hour.

Dana

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Woohoo! I actually *did* get it finished within the hour!

[b]--Chapter Ten--[/b]

After a few dances, Rache apparently decided it was safe to slip out of the Empress's attention. Jaina silently followed him across the ballroom, wine glass in hand, to where an elderly gentleman in the white uniform of an Imperial Grand Admiral stood talking to another man. This one had an eye patch.

The grand admiral turned to Rache. "Ah, Lord Rache. How nice to see you. You know Soontir Fel, of course?"

Rache nodded. Jaina bit the inside of her cheek at the expression on Fel's face. So this was the father of the man Rache had nearly killed just days before. She shivered at the memory.

"Admiral Pellaeon. Baron Fel. May I present Jaina Solo, my tactical officer. Jaina, this Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, and Baron-Administrator Soontir Fel."

Fel's single brown eye narrowed. "Solo, eh? You're Han Solo's daughter, aren't you?"

"Yes, sir."

"I went to the academy with Solo." Fel's eye cut to Rache. "At Carida, of course."

Pellaeon raised a hand and placed it on Fel's shoulder. The other man brushed it aside and, turning on one polished shoe, stalked off. They watched him go, and then Pellaeon turned back to Rache.

"Quite a number you did on his son, Rache."

Rache took a sip of his drink and stared after the baron. "His son was out of line, Admiral."

"Rumour has it, Rache, that you've sided with the Republic?" Pellaeon's blue eyes were questioning.

"Please." Rache scoffed. "I may have one of their trinkets, but who am I to turn down something so pretty?"

He looked at Jaina over the rim of his glass and she was tempted to up-end the thing over his expensive black-on-black brocade shirt.

"Fel was just telling me that his son said he was there when you-" Pellaeon stopped when the Sith's green eyes shifted from Jaina to him.

"Fel's son was suffering from electrical shock, Admiral Pellaeon. I would not trust what delirious ramblings he'd have to share. All Miss Solo and I discussed were the terms of her . . . service to me."

Jaina managed not to flush under Pellaeon's scrutiny and entertained herself with visions of strangling Rache with his cape. It was a thought that brought a smile to her face.

"Does Jade know that you've got a paramour?" Pellaeon asked quietly.

Rache shrugged. "She knows I have a bedwarmer, but I'd prefer her to think that's all it is."

The admiral nodded. "Of course."

Jaina moved on in her fantasy to smothering him with his pillow.

"I wouldn't want her to try to ruin my fun. She seems to view me as some sort of object, and if there's anything I hate, it's being someone's possession."

Meat grinder. Feet first.

Pellaeon noted the look on Jaina's face and decided to change the subject. He coughed discreetly and said, "Jade's efforts with Corellia seem to be going quite well. Thanks to the Dictat's efforts, getting Centerpoint Station online again looks to be progressing."

Jaina did her best to appear vapid and hung on Rache's arm, gazing up at him adoringly while she used the voluminous skirt of her gown to hide that she was smashing his foot for all she was worth. The only outward sign he gave was the white knuckles on the stem of his glass.

"You're the commander of the Imperial fleet, you have any idea where she's planning to strike first?" Rache asked, taking a sip of wine.

The admiral shrugged. "My guess would be Mon Calamari, but I can't say for certain. Actually, she might want to deal with the Jedi first, get them out of the way."

Jaina took her weight off Rache's foot and pulled on his arm. "Enough boring talk, I want to dance!"

Rache looked at her indulgently and handed his glass to a passing server droid. "All right, dearest. If you'll excuse us, Gilad."

"Certainly."

Once they were out of earshot of the admiral, he hissed, "Did you [i]have[/i] to maim me, Solo?"

She raised an eyebrow. "You sound ruffled, [i]dearest[/i]. I'm sorry, did I hurt you? Maybe that's what you get for being a [i]hypocrite[/i]!"

"Can we discuss

19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! Great chapter. Rache is really nice, but it's getting very dangerous for Jaina. Is he in the appartment to protect her?

If you want a good dictionary, you could try leo. It's very good, has even colloquial speech.

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm officially addicted to this fic... Thanks a lot. :p

"And you confuse me, little Jedi. Oh, how you confuse me."

Maybe she can redeem him yet.

I loved that she envisioned killing him as he talked and then hurt him. And he took it like a man.

Great update. And you're moving along here. I love that too. Can't wait to see her finally submit.

Imagine that, me looking forward to K/J romance.. Just because you're writing it mind you.

21. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ohhh wow, :D two in one day

...(Jaina)entertained herself with visions of strangling Rache with his cape. It was a thought that brought a smile to her face... Jaina moved on in her fantasy to smothering him with his pillow...Meat grinder. Feet first.
    [face_laugh] I just about died laughing

What was it that Rache was frightened of, that he would willingly arm her when he'd had the chance to disarm?

Pellaeon's voice echoed in her mind suddenly. "Does Jade know that you've got a paramour?"

And Rache's response, holding depth she hadn't realised in her ire. "She knows I have a bedwarmer, but I'd prefer her to think that's all it is."

It was a long time before Jaina fell asleep again, finding she was watching for shadows on the walls, and wondering when the attack would come.

I knew that was going to happen. Can I call it or what? ;)

22. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    The banter. THE BANTER!!! :D Most especially.. the meat grinder!!!!

:D

*glows to you on AIM*

23. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Wonderful update!

24. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Wonderful update, Dana!

Loved the banter, and the ball (and the length of time you spent on the ball was perfect. You played it just right) Still loving to hate evil Kyppie (you're writing him SO well!) and it seems both he and Jaina (his Little Jedi indeed hee hee) are falling hard. Very intense! Can't wait for more. I think you can count one more reader addicted to this fic. Great job.

25. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    And if you want to see some more of this sort of "nice" Sithy Kyp, I just updated one of my 'fics.