Roch, NY Lilac Festival Parade - 13th May 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure...
    I think that we walk past them, but I can't recall specifically seeing them last year.

~Doc_Bev
  2. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Emily will need a special ride in the ambulance if she goes near lilacs. Which I don't think is on the agenda. ;)
  3. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Last year we started at Science Parkway South Ave. about a block from Monroe Community Hospital, walked down South Ave., turned onto Highland Ave. at St. John's and walked up to South Goodman. So, yes, we pass the large grouping of lilacs on Highland. Weren't we behind an ambulance last year? ;) Half the time the lilacs aren't even in bloom in time for the lilac festival though.
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *moved list further down thread*
  5. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    :( Mindy and I will be unabale to attend. We'll be in Kentucky for her sister's wedding that day.
  6. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Kentucky, who goes to Kentucky on purpose?:p
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be sending in the application on Monday are there any updates to the volunteer list?

Of course things can always change between now and the parade, but I was just trying to get as accurate a head count as I could before sending off the app.

~Doc_Bev
  8. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh well...
    I just did a quick search on expedia.com to see how expensive it would be to rent a convertible for the day so I wouldn't have to walk the parade. It would be $115. :(
    Guess I'll have to come up with a plan B...

Edit: Does anyone remember where the lilac armbands from last year went? We'll need them for this year and/or will need to make up more. If we have the time I think it would be cool to make up new ones and add The Rebellion logo to them or something.

Edit#2: Application is completed and will go out in tomorrow's mail.

~Doc_Bev
  9. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    How about Truck! Steve has one & Duane has one , although I don't know if his cap is removable. Or I wonder how much a flat bed truck is to rent

I believe we have the strips or we could produce more I believe Daria has some scraps from her Mara cloak
  10. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm...I could wear one of Khaleen's variant costumes...purple hair, that'd be fitting. :p
  11. theGreatSot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have loved to go march in the parade, but unfortunately, I will most likely be back in Texas by then.:(
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *moved marchers list to next page*
  13. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    my dad has a pick up we might be able to use...ill see if i can get him to do it
  14. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We received our official confirmation yesterday that we are a group in the parade. I will be getting info in the mail with more detailed instructions aprox 1 week prior to the parade.

~Doc_Bev
  15. BlueRoommate Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow. I've been out of the loop for a loong time. LOL. Hopefully I'll be able to come to the parade. As for costume, well, it'll be a surprise to me as well. Depends on what I get done, and the first priority is to get the gown done I'm making for the Military Ball (that's this Friday. Oh well.)
  16. nevetsmlahh Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry about this but i was told by my doctor no unessasary activity, until they find out whats wrong with me. they found something but don't know exactly what it is or what is causing it. all they know is that i have calcium on my limpnods and my lungs are larger then normal. so sorry.
  17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Steve, what ever it is I hope it does not end up being something seriouse.

I will have my temperary Endor Jacket done for the parrade and I still have my battle damaged boots.
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your health Steve. :(

After seeing how poorly my Padme gown fit at PCC this past weekend, I don't think I'll be "marching" in the parade this year. My current plan is to try to drive over to the staging area take some pictures while we're waiting to kick-off, then drive back to MCH to get set-up for the picnic.

~Doc_Bev
  19. BlueRoommate Jedi Knight

star 1
    so.... what's everyone wearing?? Goodness, I'm nosey.
  20. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's cool I'll wear My Tie. Otherwise I'll Jedi
  21. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Tusken-Mania running wild brother!
  22. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be walking advanced reconnaissance in my ARC
  23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Endor Han minus holster. I lost it playing Sabbac with the Ewoks again. Kept the blaster though. Hopefully I will be wearing new improved boots now with 100% more Star Warsness in every bite.
  24. BlueRoommate Jedi Knight

star 1
    groovy-ness. I'm soo hoping I have the time to sew like I think I will before Lilac. I really want a new costume.. I need to play for the dark side for a while.
  25. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmmmm... MadKid Likes the idea of a fellow dark-sider to parade with... however... with a full month before Lilac, many bolts of creme-colored crinkle cotton, and a sewing machine still on loan from my friend... methinks that the MadKid may have something new to wear by then... perhaps that Obi-Wan Ep.2 I've been hinting at forever. Gota put that Obi-Wan lightsaber to use someday (remember I have the Obi Ep.1/2 hilt? And a nice blue acrylic blade for said saber!)

On the note of 'saber blades and such, I was thinking that at our meeting on Saturday, I will bring rolls of red, green and blue cellophane craft wrap if anyone is interested in parade-blading their FX sabers. I know many of you have FX'es, so why not bring 'em to the meeting anyhow, and we'll dress 'em up regardless? The craft wrap is cheap, easy to work with, and I can give you all a quick step-by-step tutorial, and you can all work alongside me, dressing your blades yourselves. Makes those sunny days and flash pix look sooooo much better. My biggest disappointment when looking back on the pix of last years Lilac Parade (besides my Anakin version 1.0 costume... ugggghhh...[face_sick] )is seeing the "white" lightsaber I'm carrying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.