Roch, NY Lilac Festival Parade - 13th May 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    hmm, i honestly have no idea what im wearing yet.
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Deano, how do yo affix the cello to the blade, I wouldn't want to do anything that couldn't be removed leaving no marks.

BTW I also have Red & Green wrap that I can bring
  3. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    Woo hoo! It looks like my new secret costume will be ready by then.
  4. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet!!!!!!!!! any sneak previews?
  5. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    Not yet...I've ordered different costume pieces and am making some parts...not far enough to give a preview though.
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok here's the marchers list so far...
    (updated 05/13/06 at 7:30am)

Definite
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    RSWingnut
    MadKidJedi
    JediMaster1610
    TD-027
    SWF-JPB
    TX4277
    MakanPyralis
    fosterkeri
    myhale99
    Roy (CDN 501st)
    Graham (CDN 501st)
    Doc_Bev (photographer/not marching)
    KnightShade

Tentative
    HothGirl
    StoyBoy720

Unable
    BobaChris12
    LadySith22
    theGreatSot
    JediKnightLisa
    Nevets
    Marko_Ragnos
    Nick (CDN 501st)
    BlueRoommate
    Moleman1138
    starwarsarmboy
    JediXXL

Unknown
    TC0620
    Ayka
    Akayeon

~Doc_Bev
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, still no info in the mail from the parade committee...
    So I guess sticking to the current time table will be best:

8:30am - meet at MCH
    8:30am to 9:15am - work on suiting up
    9:20am - start walking to staging area at the intersection of Science Parkway and South Ave.
    9:30am to 10:30am - do group picture, decorate vehicle and wait for parade to start

I'm thinking about driving the Avalon in the parade, but wanted to wait for the confirmation package to see if adding a vehicle at this late date would be kosher.

T_StarFlyer - do we have enough lilac armbands for all the marchers?

~Doc_Bev
  8. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    We Will, just picked up some more purple fabric to make more
  9. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    A few things to say today...

First: I found my Lilac armband from last year in my bag, so I'm all set there.

Second: Em and I are moving this weekend, and could use any able-bodied persons to help us move 100 yards down the street from where we are now. (Yeah... I know. Things have been trying for she and I, but we're still friends and roommates for now, until I can get a place of my own... I'm not on the lease for HER new place...)

Third: Those who went to Pittsburgh last month may remember a certain SWAP member I hung out with, and whom Mikey danced with, named Tina? She may be making it up to join us on Saturday, though this is very unconfirmed right now, what with gas prices being such as they are...

Fourth: How many of you like potatoe salad? Mayo or mustard based? That's what I was planning to bring for my picnic sides. Maybe I'll just bring a tub of both, and perhaps even some mac salad.

Fifth: Repainted my Jedi food pellets, and they look smashing!! 'Cept for the silver ones, which look like the finish cracked when I polyurethaned 'em... oh well. I'll sand and repaint those after Saturday.

Sixth: Anyone planning on parade-ing with a lightsaber on Saturday, who has not yet "wrapped" your blade? If you are carrying an FX 'saber and have not added the colored wrap, we can do it prior to the parade, at MCH, Saturday morn. I'll bring my blue wrap if Tom and Daria can bring their red, green and purple... Should only take a few minutes.

That's it... I think.
  10. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    yup we'll bring the wrap.

On another note I have procured a Convertable for the Parade It's nothing new or fancy, but it'll serve it's purpose It's a Crysler Sebring I think 3 or 4 years old but the drop top works. I pic it up early saturday morning What it will mean is that we won't be able to bring R2 & we;ll have to stop home after the picnic to bring our supplies no biggie it's right arounf the corner.
  11. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, that'll make things interesting...
    I was planning on the Avalon as I knew I could drive it, could give permission to myself to duct tape stuff to it and knew Connor's car seat fit into it.

Would we be able to do all these things with the Seabring?

~Doc_Bev
  12. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Duct tape.....no I wouldn't but I have something in mind I have these heavy duty magnets that might work. As for the Carseat , They have a littleone not much older than Connor, so I assume that it will hold a carseat . I'll ask when I pick it up.
  13. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was just brought to my attention that there is a 40% chance of showers for Saturday.
    If that's the case, I'll be driving the Avalon in the parade so Connor doesn't get all wet.
    We'll have to see what it's looking like Sat morning I guess...

~Doc_Bev
  14. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    That's fine the convertable works both ways too we'll see what happens
  15. BlueRoommate Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm definately out for the parade. Boo!! I've got a class I have to attend from 9-3, and if I wasn't going to that, Brockport's commissioning is also this Saturday. Double whammie. Sigh.
  16. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey guys I don't think I'll be able to make it for the parade :( (lots of school stuff going on) but I will try to be at the Lilac Festival at least one day and go to the Nick Tahou's booth.
  17. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    BlueRoommate & Moleman - sorry to hear neither of you will be able to make it to the parade/picnic. Hopefully we'll get to see each of you at some event in the future.

After making a few phone calls I received our staging assignment (Division E, Position 1) but was told that I had to go over to the "top of the hill" (at Highland Park I'm assuming) to pick up the passes that were supposed to be mailed to me. I don't think I'd be able to make it out there myself. Is there anyone else who would be able to pick these up for me? I'm assuming they can be picked up anytime today as the festival is open until later this evening. Supposedly, we need these passes to get the vehicle into the staging area.

~Doc_Bev
  18. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
  19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok Got the car, It's really pretty nice & It's Silver & black instead of Gold & black like I had thought. I texted Dean & he's gonna hook us up with some Star Wars tunes to play .

Lets all Pray for NO RAIN!
  20. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yea, and I might even bring my 3ft tall plush Yoda from FAO Schwarz to ride wit' you all in the car... he's mad cool! And possibly a Pit Droid I have as well!
  21. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Cool! Rochester just got mentioned on our local news tonight (Hawai'i) for your Lilac event! It was nice to hear about it.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That is cool that we're on the news all the way over in Hawai'i!

I packed my SW soundtracks too in case the car had a CD player.

It's 7am now and we're getting things ready here. Hopefully we'll make it on time to MCH by 8:30am.

In case someone needs to get ahold about this event after I go offline, my cell phone # is 585-281-7963.

~Doc_Bev
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Huge thanks to everyone for participating in this year's parade! I think it went great!

Thanks to T_StarFlyer for arranging our sweet ride (and picking up our vehicle pass for me)! I noticed many more folks looking at our banners that way than when we just had the front row holding it.

Thanks to Roy & Graeme for driving in from Canada.
    Thanks to fosterkeri, MakanPyralis & myhale99 for driving in from Buffalo.
    It was great having you guys as guests!

And, Hoo-rah to JediMaster1610 for the debut of his very cool new costume - Bossk!

With DirecTV we don't get R News so if someone could TiVo or tape the parade (or at least our part in it) that would be awesome! According to the R News website Time Warner Digital Cable subscribers will be able to watch the parade on 108 R News On Demand starting later this week.

Here are the pics from our camera.

~Doc_Bev
  24. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone for making this REBELLION tradition continue a third year. Its my Favorite event. Always nice to see friends from out of town. Thanks again for the Canadian 501st Hockey Pucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.