main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Lilac Festival Parade - Sat May 12th 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Folks, no one needs to worry about my kids. They'll march in the parade and they're all psyched to hold the banner as it is. So plan on space in the car amongst yourselves, my kids will hold and carry the banner. It's no big deal. Besides, my kids haven't stopped talking about it all week since I told them they would do it. So, they're excited which means they'll do what I tell them to, including going to bed on time ;)

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    bobabooey damaged his collateral ligament last night, we were at the docs all day today, now we're waiting for results to see if it may have been cartilage in the knee or the ACL. So depending on how up and about he is by saturday will determine greatly on if we go ;)
    will post an update on friday ..

Make sure to take lots of pics!!!!!!

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    So what charrectors will we have? Since its the 30th Aniv of ANH I'll be Deathstar Escape Han.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry to hear about bobabooey (is that your son?). :(

We should have lots of pics available as Garrison Excelsior's photo student will be covering the whole parade day activities.

Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Chewbacca
    TIE Pilot
    Mara Jade
    Stormtrooper x3
    Padme Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Sandtrooper
    Bossk
    Darth Vader
    Biker Scout
    Anakin Skywalker or Dengar
    Jedi Knight
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Princess Leia Organa
    Mandalorian Warrior

I think I got everybody...

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Event checklist has been added to the first post.

~Doc_Bev

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    bobabooey is my hubby ;)

looks like u have quite a list of costumes.... sounds like its going to be a good time!

7. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Qui-Gon...?! My Master? Does that mean Charles is making the trek? And What about Lisa...? I thought she said she'd be coming in from Buffalo...?

Oh, and I might not be able to get out of working at the store in the afternoon, so I may have to miss the picnic... grrrrrr..!!!:mad:

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yes, Charles is coming up (over?) for the parade. Last I heard Lisa was still tentative.

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Huge thanks to all who marched this year! =D=
    I think we had a total of 18 marchers (3 of them in the car) plus our 3 banner cadets and our photographer.

Wish we could've had a less confusing start. :rolleyes:
    Maybe next year they'll actually send us our confirmation packet.

The picnic was great fun as usually. It's nice to just sit and relax.

Make plans for next year - May 10th 2008. ;)

~Doc_Bev

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Wow, what a great time, and a perfect day (though maybe a bit chilly in the shade). So glad my early exit from the picnic was cancelled!! Hanging with Roy, Charles, Bib and all the others was great, and having other FF chapters along for our summer kick-off event is always the best.

I just checked my DVR, and I got the parade in full... and then some (uh.... 14 hour total... how do ya set this thing...?). Of course we got our 60-seconds of Dan Smith and Ginny Butler doing their best SW impressions and such, while the camera gave it's usual love to Chewie and Darth (and Bob's Mando looked awesome in full color on the tube!)... it's a keepsake to be sure. For anyone interested I can burn DVD copies from the DVR at request. All I ask is for a DVD+/-R disc to replace the one I burn for ya. And for those interested, I got the whole parade... <yawn>...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.