main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG LIME - STAR WARS SPECIAL on sale NOW!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    The April issue of LIME (by Mediacorp) has Anakin and Padme on its April 02 cover. There're some pics and articles inside as well... plus Spiderman Poster.

Worth getting this issue.

On sale EVERYWHERE!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone gotten it yesterday and gotten the free 2 bottle of Virgin Drinks? :D

3. ayna

ayna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Do u think I can get this issue in Malaysia? I bought LIME the March issue..that is Tobey maguire on the cover..is it the same one in Singapore?

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't buy LIME regulary but I assume that the one you gotten is the same as ours since we too get some Malaysian Magazine regulary. Does it only have the price as S$3.00 on the Coverpage? If yes, then that's the one. ;)

Anyhow, from what I know, LIME was just released yesterday in Singapore so it should reach Malaysia within the week. Check out places that got Singapore/Foreign magazines like Kino or Times or MPH. :)

Ps: Since you are from Malaysia, do you know other Malaysian SW fans like Zawiah? How's the fanforce there? :)

5. ayna

ayna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    I am a long time member of TheForce but rarely read and post in this side usually in the movies board. I do not know her ..but what is her user name..maybe I will contact her ...built a Fanforce or something.

Thank u soo much for the great info Eagle..I will buy it as soon as it out. About fanforce in Malaysia..I don't think it is active as in Malaysia..but what do iknow..I'm a closet fan of SW and only a few of us 25++ love SW (my friends) so I don't know how strong the fanbase here like the Trekkies. Would love to organize/join get together in KL,anyone?

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    She don't actually hang out here at ForceNet. I met her and some other Malaysian SW fans at a Yahoo!Club, now Y!Group.

Would love to organize/join get together in KL,anyone?

Heehee, will love to but I have to save up some money first, lah, cause going to KL nowadays means shopping for Malay Mangas, certain VCDs (mostly those "old" cartoon/anime or Japanese Action Series etc) and even beautiful colored wigs. And then soon, there's the interesting SW collectibles, especially the Pepsi Cans. :D

Anyway Ayna, do you remember what they called The Phantom Menace in Malaysia 3 years ago, that is in Malay?

7. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Gosh, that magazine wasn't worth my SGD3.00! I like the picnic dress, but that's it. *sigh*

Actually, Ayna, I believe there is quite a Star Wars following in M'sia, but they are all in the closet, so to speak. The trick is to actually find them. My friend managed to buy some pod-racer model in KL which she could not find in S'pore. And much cheaper too. :D

I'm actually based in JB. Haven't been up to KL in a number of years, though. But marching around the Petronas towers in full SW costumes will be seriously cool, man! Another location to consider for the "Coruscant-like places to take photographs" project.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, now I know who to ask to help me get some Malaysian SW Pepsi Cans . .. :D

9. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Boleh, but please tell me when the cans come out, because I don't usually buy pepsi. (too sweet!)

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I still have the Jar Jar Binks and Darth Maul Pepsi Cans from '99. :p But I couldn't find the other characters. I kept lots of whatchamacallems-ring-pull-tags things, but couldn't get one with words. Then a month or two after the whole thing was over, I got the 'Poster' cap. [face_plain]

I managed to get Lime today. Naturally, I was complaining to my sister that 'lightsabre' is one word and not two as the Lime mag spelt it. I thought George Lucas wasn't going to make Episodes VII, VIII and IX in the first place. Started laughing when I read the 'giant horns' line. The 'get-away-from-me-I'm-allergic-to-you' line was hilarious. :D

11. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    there wun be any star wars related pepsi cans this time round... :(

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, back in 1999, my friend taught me the secret weapon to see if a bottle cap got that words. We went to AMK NTUC Fairprice to try it out and found a lot of posters and cans and 1 T-Shirt but no Cooler. And when I go to Orchard to change the caps on the last day, discovered that the cans are being sold at $5 each and T-Shirt at $10(?) or $5, as they want to clear up their stock. Wish I had brought more money that day. :(

JediClare, if you want the posters, I got a set to spare in my possesion. Gotten them from exchanging the coupon in the Newpaper & Bottle Caps and entering the Costume Contest. I also got 1 poster from US Taco Bell to spare, the part where got Darth Maul (the whole poster cosist of 4 pieces to be put together).

13. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Reliving old memories?

haha I have 4 Pepsi cans: Maul, QuiGon, Amidala and one more...can't remember. :D

Also have a set of 3 Pepsi posters..not that spectacular, but I still collect them.

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Singapore Cans got: Darth Maul, JarJar Binks & Qui-Gon Jinn
    Singapore Bottles: OB1, Amidala & Anakin

Got all of them, especially DM ;)

Malaysia Cans: Darth Maul (have a few), Amidala (only 1 :( ).

I'm missing Anakin & Qui-Gon Jinn.

Got also some US cans about 10, I think and a few in doubles (so that makes 12?) but with at least 1 of them dented.

Got the 6 Japan Cans (first release ones) in double. One of them had just "open" by itself recently while the other 1 still mint. Rest had been emptied by the bottom.

The Singapore Anakin Can, looks like I got a few. :D

And the Maul Pepsi Poster is staring at everyone that enters my room (pasted on the wardrobe beside the door). Heehee, wish I can fully open the door so will scare anyone that comes in. ;)

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow DE you collect quite alot of stuff..

Back to the topic..I too bought LIME, and I found the Star Wars section too short! It's more of a like an introduction to the movie and it's star couple in AOTC. But even so, being a Star Wars fan, we wouldn't want to miss out on anything SW! :)

16. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    The only thing remotely SW-y in my collection is a bunch of Dark Horse comics that I'm thinking of getting rid of, six really stupid metal plates printed with the covers of the Dark Empire comics (even more stupid and definitely want to get rid of), and one rock from the Shadows of the Empire collection. And oh, of course, the novels.

I also have an entire collection of Star Trek novels and comics that I also want to get rid of. Argh. How huh?

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, and HOW are you going to dispose of them? :D

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey Delight what are the Dark Horse comics you have?

I might be interested..hee hee :D

19. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Will make an inventory list of the things that I am planning to dispose off this weekend... oh boy, it's only monday :( . another thing to discuss on our meetup! :D

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Woh! :eek: Someone selling the LIME magazine for US$4 and shipping of US$9 when the magazine cost only SG$3 (US$1.70)!

Mag w/ Star Wars Hayden Christensen HOT! LooK

Maybe I should buy a lot of the maganize and sell them off for US$2 with minimal shipping & handling cost next month cause usually, the lower the price and the more scare the item gets, the more higher the price will rise. ;) I can still make some profits!

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL. Now there's an entrepreneur. :D

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Heh...spoken like a true economist =). Not that I like them though :D

23. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Oooo...

Our very own LIME magazine is featured on the OFFICIAL SITE!!!!! Check it out!

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/04/news20020411b.html

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, seems like I'm too late. :p
    Episode II on International Newstands

I just wonder; is there any news of what kind of cover 8 Days gonna release for week of May 16th? Did anyone gotten all 4 magazines back in 1999 (I only gotten 3, lack Anakin :( )?

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    And I thought US$4 for a LIME magazine is bad :( . . . Look at the price tag on this item Natalie Portman + Hayden C.Mag RARE STAR WARS

US$9 + US$8 (shipping). What? The fellow came all the way to Singapore to buy it is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.