main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Limited Theatrical Screenings - HEAVY SPOILERS HERE ONLY

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    This thread is for those lucky few who manage to see the limited theatrical screenings of the Savage Opress episodes.

I urge them to limit the heavy spoilers to this thread alone. Don`t even post story details in the general thread or other "spoilers allowed" thread, since these are spoilers of a whole different calibre.

2. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Reposting for JasonW

From memory:

The story starts out with Dooku being contacted by Sidious. He wants Ventress killed. Ventress attacks Obi-Wan and Anakin's Star Destroyer. She shoots Obi-Wan down and he's forced to crash land on a Confederate Cruiser like scene in Revenge of the Sith (I was disappointed he didn't flip out of the ship like the film).

She crashes in the hanger too and radios Dooku for help. He says sorry, you've failed me for the last time and leaves her for dead. They end up fighting in the hanger bay and she escapes, barely alive after the ship goes down and is blown apart. Admiral Yalareen might have died here, but he didn't because he's in A New Hope. The ship is ready to blow and begins to break apart and all three scramble to their ships. Somehow the ships work, don't ask questions they just do.

She ends up unconscious in her ship drifting through space. Pirates pick her up and inject her with a stimulate. The pirate is a total hick Twilek with a cowboy accent. They crowd around her and she demands they take her to Dathomir. They laugh because there's nothing but fog and witches there. She does some Force Unleashed moves on them and they all die and she flies to the planet.

She approaches the Night Sisters Temple and ninja chicks with electric bow and arrows threaten to kill her. Luckily the mother comes and calls them off. She remembers Ventress as one of their own.

They do some scary chanting and carry her boy to a table. They have magic toxic water and they rub it on her body. These scenes are some serious occult **** from a 70s film or something. This causes her to see her life in a series of vision/flashbacks.

We see Ventress as a child, born in the witch coven. They give her off to a crazy wizard dude or something because they owe him and they have to and he starts to teach her the Force/magic. She's probably 5 years old here. A Jedi comes in and starts fighting the village, killing her Master. He sees her use the Force to kill her master's attackers and takes her on as an apprentice. Years later her master is killed and she lashes out in anger at her master's killer, making her choice to use the Dark Side of the Force. The vision ends with Dooku's "you've failed me for the last time" scene.

She's angry and pissed off. The Mother of the Night Sisters agrees to help her exact her revenge. These women are pure evil.

The mother contacts Dooku and says she knows he needs a new apprentice. She offers him one of Darth Maul's kin. Dooku accepts this gift.

Ventress and two girls are cloaked in magic that makes them invisible. They sneak into Dooku's house. with a poison dart. They shoot him with the dart and he goes blind. But Dooku doesn't need eyes to fight with his saber. They fight into a hall way and into a larger room. Dooku has enough and shocks the hell out of the girls and they flee.

Ventress then travels to a far away village that Darth Maul originates from. There are dudes like Maul but they aren't as menacing. They seems somewhat noble. Some of these scenes seemed to be inspired by Spartacus and the training place.

The commander of the clan orders all the leaders of the houses to fall in line and present themselves to Ventress. She walks up to some, punches them for being too short. Says one is attractive and kicks him down. Savage looks at his brother and says "keep quiet" and she picks Savage and his brother and one other dude. They are to fight her.

They fight her and she beats their asses. She first fights them in the dark and kills the 3rd guy. The lights come on and she fights both men. She is about to kill Savage's brother when he begs her to let him live and he submits to her, presumably as her mate.

Ventress takes Savage to the Mother Night Sister. They preform some sort of Satanic ritual on his body. He starts to convulse as he's consumed and possessed by their magic. His horns grow larger and his muscles bulge. He's like the Hulk compared to his previous self. He has a darkness in his eyes that wasn't there before. H

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    [face_worried] Alive?

4. TheFiffis

TheFiffis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2010
    I wonder if he'll have robot legs like in that Visionaries comic.

I'm on the fence about this. I love Maul. So I should be happy that after 11 years of thinking he was dead, he's actually alive...yet I don't know.

I suppose it depends on how he's handled. I imagine at the end of the day I'll dig it.

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I am really kind of angry that they would do these screenings over a month before the rest of the world gets to see the episodes. These are highly anticipated stories, and yet now pretty much every fan will end up hearing everything about it in detail before they get a chance to actually witness the episodes. I could understand if it were just a week in advance. It's possible to avoid spoilers like this for a week. But over a month? Really kind of unfair to the rest of us.

6. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    Oh I agree. I was originally going to avoid them too, but then I realized that would mean I wouldn't be able to come to the boards at all without the temptation getting to me.

Kinda like Episode III all over again. Was spoiler-free for Episode I and II, but III...man oh man...I gave up and just took in every single itty bitty tidbit of news or pics I could get. Still enjoyed the hell out of the movie.

At least with this Savage arc I can expect some things that I wouldn't even have thought of...such as apparently Maul still rocking the casbah out there.

And plus I wanted to know the new Ventress origin real bad.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Is darth maul still alive? What... the...

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Most interesting! So, is the entire second-half of this season dedicated to Witches and Mauls, or are these only a couple of episodes in an arc?

Regardless, I wish they had made THIS this major theatrical film in all theaters instead of the Rotta one. I'd love to see this kind of thing on the big screen!

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    well Maul was spoiled to me before this thread was made[face_worried] but seems to me that Anakin will defeat every single sith after allo_O - and i agree Maul's return is worth of film... Rotta... well he is ok but not filmworthy:p

10. TheFiffis

Jan 14, 2010
    And plus now there is actually an audience for the show so I think a new theatrical flick would do really well now.

I almost didn't watch the show because of the movie. Jedi saving Jabba the Hutt's son...really...and he's a baby...really?

Opress...Nightsisters...Maul...that is worth a few trips to the theater.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    so hutts should be immortal and they born as adults[face_thinking] .... really?!

:p No way- i understand the reaction... damn movie would have been better as normal episodes- i think christophsis battle and teth battle would still be among best episodes in my list:) ... but as movie -it was bit Meh! since overall story (saving stinky) was not enough for a movie- as arch it would've been better than some corruptioncr*p for example

12. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Wow sounds utterly awesome.

After eleven years of everyone saying that Darth Maul was a wasted character is it that much of a surprise that GL has used this format to resurrect him, I think it?s a brave and brilliant move the possibilities are endless (Maul vs Dooku).

What did the nightsisters do then? Give Opress more midis through sorcery?

Didn?t realise Dooku was that powerful, Kenobi and Anakin cant handle Opress together, yet the Count is way too powerful for him, it really looks like the Count was pulling his punches in ROTS.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "Didn?t realise Dooku was that powerful, Kenobi and Anakin cant handle Opress together, yet the Count is way too powerful for him, it really looks like the Count was pulling his punches in ROTS."

Or maybe Anakin had become that good.

14. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Hope so. I Think its time that Anakin started to show why Sidious wants him, apart from a few fancy flying tricks he hasn?t done anything special, He would have lost out to Ventress on Kamino if it wasn?t for the clones, yet Sidious thinks Ventress is useless.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm attempting to avoid any spoilers from this thread (not even glancing at some of the comments); but I foresee details from this thread leaking out inexorably into other threads.

16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    This trillogy sounds great, though It dosent really sound like anything gets resolved. Do we learn why Sidious wants Asajj dead, is it just because she doesent measure up? Is Savages transformation permanent?

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's inevitable. But we're going to try anyway.

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Maul's alive? [face_tired]

19. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    CLANCY BROWN is Savage! Oh my!!!!

=D= =D= =D=

http://twitpic.com/3dpj8o

20. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] and it?s not even my birthday [face_hypnotized]

21. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Clancy Brown sat behind me so did Katie Lucas.

There is going to be more to this story. The preview for Season 3 showed Even Piell fighting. Someone in Carbonite. I think there maybe an episode involving a good witch as well. She was white and very celestial.

In a future episode, Ahsoka is taken over by some sort of dark magic and attacks Anakin.

22. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Couldn't have hoped for more from clone wars- Clancy Brown! Darth Maul! Sith on Sith[ish] duels! - can't wait till January....please pretty please roll this out in a similar fashion in the uk.

If I'd have been told the contents of this a year ago I'd have said -"meh,sounds a bit fanboyish" but you know what I've come to the conclusion isn't that what we want? Who gives a flying rat, we're fanboys so embrace the awesomeness.

23. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I thought the same thing when we saw the Savage preview, that it was fanboyish. But when I actually saw it in motion, it was fantastic. The lightsaber fights are some of the best we've seen in the series. The end fight is so good because it's like a free for all.

The only thing I felt could have been developed more was Ventress' hurt about being dumped. She is just mad and wanting revenge right away. Adding some dept to that might have made this better. But I would give this a 9/10 because it was so strong throughout.

It just had this horror cult feeling to it.

24. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    You saw Even Piell fighting??!!! What other Jedi were there? Any sign of Tiin in action? Or Rancisis at all? Or a Jedi Council scene? I'm freaking out here :p

Oh, and Jason, how many episodes did you actually get to see?

25. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    "Dooku trains him in the Force by abusing him with lightning. He can't lift stones and in a scene that mirrors Empire, Savage says its impossible. Dooku shocks him until he starts to lift the stones out of anger. He shouts "I hate you!" at Dooku and Dooku says that's good because it's making him stronger."

Sounds like the dark side is truly the fast track to power, but it certainly doesn?t sound easy. Dooku sounds extremely sadistic.

Hey JasonW, could you pleas describe the duels in a little more detail? Others have said they are awesome, but it would be nice with something more detailed, length for an example. Most of the duels we have gotten thus far in the series have been a bit too short to be on the level of the movie duels.

Does Savage have a lot of dialogue? One of the the sad things about Maul was that we never got to know him, he had like one line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.