main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Limited Theatrical Screenings - HEAVY SPOILERS HERE ONLY

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    oh yeah and OT had very logical Obi-Wan appearances as ghosto_O guy had to tell about Yoda just when Luke was about to die in a blizzard- yeah great moment for information[face_whistling]

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    there is soon more sith and dark jedi than actual jedi in this show :oops: well there is Ahsoka who is apparently dark somehow- is Dooku really interested in Snips:eek: .... i wouldn't believe thato_O ....perhaps Ahsoka works as bait for Anakin who is Dooku's next candidate (but as we know Palpy decides to replace Dooku with him instead).... if i won't remember wrong it was told that Dooku tried to turn Anakin in Rots- probably thinking possibility of overthrowing Sidious later- still Dooku was more interested in taking Obi-Wan to his apprentice than Anakin(as he was in AOTC already) but Sidious wanted Anakin and lied that young Skywalker would be their servant like Ventress and others and not Dooku's replacement.... one thing is certain Sith always betray one another:p

ooops double post:D

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, that's the whole point of gaining greater power.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    problem in TCW is that Sidious and Dooku situation cannot change.....

5. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    While that's true, the real conflict is in attempting to change it. As this goes on, I feel we will see Palpatine want Anakin all the more.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Anakin will probably destroy Savage or Maul or both..... that makes him even more precious in Palpatine's eyes

7. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    I honestly believe that Savage isn't evil. I think he will be redeemed. With the way the story ended, it's obviously open ended. But he's not really a bad guy when you get down to it.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well since now it's confirmed that Serenno will appear i would nearly bet you were wrong and Dooku was attacked in his house on Serenno not on Dathomir[face_whistling]
    Savage, Ventress perhaps even Maul and in some sense even Dooku has possibility of redeeeming and some good inside them.... only completely evil is Sidious:p

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How am I wrong? Dooku was hosted on Dathomir by Talzin. It can be his house on Serenno, or the one where he stayed on Dathomir.

10. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    The thing about Savage is he didn't make a choice to be evil. It is assumed all the evil people in Star Wars made a choice that led to their demise. Savage doesn't. They pretty much inject him with evil space drugs and he acts out. However, he does continue to make the wrong choice when he wants revenge but it's not so black and white like it is for everyone else in the series as I know it.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Was he? It seems there is no house on dathomir for dookuo_O at all ... well we will see.... he went there but didn't stay there it looks to me....but you said that nightsister-attack takes place on dathomir- if it won't you were wrong- just admit it.... it's not a big thing if i was wrong and there is dathomir-house for him- i will admit it- but we will see:p

so he did make a choice to be evil after all.... they should really do more shades of grey to this black and white version of sw universe in this:p ....

12. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Perhaps. Is stopping Dooku and Ventress after the things they've done to him all that wrong though? He actually has more reason to kill Dooku than Anakin ever did.

I think the episodes that come after this arc will shed some light on where the writers fall the future of the character. So far there's not indication he'll return in Season 3 though.

13. PANAKIN_Hightalker

PANAKIN_Hightalker Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't like this whole "zombie - bad guy" aspect of Savage's character involvement. I think thats lazy and shallow story-telling. Why can't he simply be an genuinely sinister bad-ass?? After all, the Jedi did kill his bro. I don't dig this "Dr. Frankenstein" approach towards the creation of a new character- particularly a villain. Darth Maul seemed to have a fairly genuine disgust for his enemy (the Jedi), as does Ventress, and of course, Sidious. I tolerated an episode like "Brain Invaders" because it at least had a palatable biological point-of-reference to it (the worms), but this witchcraft-creates-a-fiendish-foe thing just seems callously insulting to the cerebral audience lol.

*Can't wait to peep all of the action, force-usage and the duels though [face_dancing]

14. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    It didn't play poorly at all. The episodes felt like a horror film (part 2 and 3 mostly), or as close as Star Wars has ever come to that and it worked within that paradigm. How it plays after this story arc is more of the concern I have, which is overstating it, I'm not concerned.

15. PANAKIN_Hightalker

PANAKIN_Hightalker Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm sure it'll be entertaining without a doubt.

I'm thinking that the aftermath of this story arc will be about Ahsoka's fate as well as Skywalker's sentimental disposition leading into ROTS. Personally I would like to see more weight levied unto Anakin's statement in ROTS: "In my view, the Jedi are EVIL!". Hopefully that line wasn't merely based on the notion that his grandfather-figure/mentor (Palpatine) wasn't particularly trusted by the JC.

Also it would be nice to see what considerations went into Dooku's/Grievous' confidence to attack Coruscant directly (beginning of ROTS) as well as what seemingly allowed for the capture of the Supreme Chancellor.

16. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    The insider does explicitly state that Maul is alive living in exile in the outer rim.
    So how did he survive and why is he in exile, thoughts??

I would suggest that the ?living in exile? comment gives away how he survived.

I think that Palpatine salvaged him; I suspect that this will tie in well with ROTS, originally I thought Anakin?s anger kept him alive on Mustaphar but perhaps it was Palpatine (using the DP trick he at first claims to know and then suddenly claims he doesn?t know).

We know that Palpatine was on Naboo for the celebration (which probably took place a day or two later), so I reckon Palpatine received a premonition about Lord Maul just as he did with Lord Vader in ROTS and sped there, arriving just after Maul had taken his tumble.

So in short I reckon Palpatine saved Maul, rebuilds him, finds that Maul (like Vader) is not the apprentice he once was, recruits Dooku, assigns Dooku to kill Maul, Maul bails to the outer rim.

Remember Palpatine says in ROTS that DP learned to keep the ones he loved from dying he didn?t say he could keep them in one piece, he also didn?t state that the power had a range.

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Does it, really? Oh boy... Well, maybe it's just another of those cases where they borrow the character's perception as absolute truth, sort of like the Narrator saying that Aurra had been killed in the crash.

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Perhaps a "secret revealed" was that Darth Maul fell into a stasis chamber at the bottom of the shaft which kept him alive until he could be retrieved and provided with cybernetic legs.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Can't wait till we get Mace Windu with a cybernetic arm.

:rolleyes:

20. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    And General Grievous with a cybernetic... everything else.

Uh... wait...

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I love how people are already struggling to make excuses for LFL's non sense.............

Lets face it, Maul & Eeth Koth are alive, Jango Fett(and his son) are not Mandalorians & Ahsoka is the chosen one:p

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    trade federation is not part of separatist movement- force is not energyfield created by all living things but random magic and Saga has nothing to do with Star Wars anymore.... great job Lucas you could watch your own movies every now and then since you probably forgot what your SW is about:mad: - start explain things rather than messing up and rebooting the galaxy- it looks like to me that George wants to start over the whole saga- since Maul died supposedly before this- how he can be alive? Better to have a good explanation for that- what about Ahsoka are you going to kill 15 year old girl to irritate all teenaged fans who like her?:eek: - or how you plan to connect this to Rots with Ahsoka around? And if meaning of Anakin's role as Chosen one will be revealed how it is still so mystical in Rots- no wait "It's said you will destroy the sith not join them" so we already know what it means why to reveal "secret" that is public knowledge already... and if origins of the Force will be revealed how Obi-Wan says it's energyfield created by all living things after this so we already know origins of it - why to reveal "secrets" that we already know? this season should be "Things messed up" rather than secrets revealed:_|

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I have no problem in admitting I'm wrong, if I really am. I've done that before. As I said from the start, I have not seen the episodes, however I have read a lot of reports from the screenning, and they do mention that. What I've said so far is solely based on them.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well that's why i said you shouldn't answer -my question was "do that scene take place on Serenno or on Dathomir?" and you should have answered "I don't know" (or even better you shouldn't have answered if you don't know- i said it's for those who saw the screening not fo those who don't) but you said it happens on Dathomir and you were wrong since official site tells how Serenno appears as Dooku's home and Dooku is in his home when attacked- so it do happen on Serenno.... anyway that's not so big deal[face_peace] but you shouldn't answer for questions you cannot - just in case info you heard is unreliable.... not to insult JasonW he gave us valuable info (Thanks JasonW[face_peace] ) but he messed up the places in the episode it's not all on Dathomir he even said it himself he is not sure where that happens but he thought it was on Dathomir..... and you just kept arguing "it's on dathomir" even though your source himself said he is not sure- i read the same reports without seeing any reliable mention of where that happens but i thought it's Serenno nor Dathomir- now it's confirmed and i was right[face_whistling]

25. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    I knew nothing of Dooku's EU story. The story moves pretty fast. On first viewing, I honestly thought he just lived in a better place than the witches. Now that I've looked into it, I can see how the story went. But I'm not sure it will be so clear to the average viewer.

I may have just missed a huge detail too. Seeing three episodes together as one film made it seem pretty big and I was distracted by sitting by Kurgen, Katie Lucas, and the Clone Wars cast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.