main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lincoln FanForce Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Sunday would probably be best, i'm thinking. Sounds like everybody agrees on Gateway. Liz, that is a good idea, to meet in the food court and be at a certain place, etc.

I'm all for the idea of T-shirts! lol

Sounds like we will get this off the ground and it'll be awesome!:)

2. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Sunday is fine with me. Would the 17th work? In case you couldn't tell, I'm so excited I don't want to wait any longer than I have to :D And 2:00 would be perfect. The food court is fine, or if that might be too crowded, maybe B. Dalton? Say, in the SW section? ;)

3. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Sunday the 17th at 2:00?? I could make it :)
    Anyone else??

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I'll be there :D

Maybe we could meet at that group of tables between the two sides of the food court... does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    not sure if I know that area, Arwen....but I am sure next Sunday will work for me, as long as I have gotten housework done, and my brother can take me. The sw section of B.dalton wouldn't work because the aisle is too narrow.

Will someone volunteer to be like a secretary? To take notes and stuff? Also, if we do want to do t-shirts, someone that is a good artist should design our logo, and then we have to find a place in town that would make the shirts.

p.s. Episode 2 is being released on a Thursday, right? anyone find that weird?

I'd love to have the t-shirts by then - and then if we all could attend the movie the same time at the same theatre, we could wear them.

6. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    It's the little area between two ramps going to the rest of the mall, if you go between DQ/Orange Julious and Amigo's (I think it's
    Amigo's)... sorry, I know I'm not doing a very good job of describing it. We could just meet in front of Amigo's or whatever.

I'll volunteer to be secretary :)

7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ooohh... i know where that is. That would work. I agree, the aisle at B. Daltons is too narrow, which is too bad. T-shirts at Episode II = a good idea! :)

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Sorry, B. Dalton's was a bad idea. I was just thinking that it would be kinda appropriate... never mind

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, so its agreed. Sunday, March 17 @ 2:00 in the food court. Near Amigos or that area that Arwen mentioned.

Bring ideas, everybody. As soon as Lent is over for me, I'll probably buy the star wars cookbooks. Then maybe I can make Wookiee Cookies for a meeting.

This is so exciting!

What will be the membership count if everyone comes? 5? 10?

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Arwen, I thought that idea would have been appropriate, but the other problem could have been that there were other people in that aisle... and people could come late and not find us. So, I agree--It really wouldn't work. :) How will we identify to each other that we are people that want to participate??

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    well, I'm going to PM arwen and tell her what I will be wearing, and then maybe she can pass it along to everyone else.....and make sure that only you can access your account.

Depending on the weather......is what I'll be wearing.

I could be carrying my green lightsaber. I have two plastic blade lightsabers that I bought at Toys R Us a few years ago. We'll figure something out. That's what will be nice if we could get t-shirts. It'd be easy to identify each other.

Maybe I could bring my trivia pursuit game or star wars classic trilogy monopoly.

Arwen will be secretary.....um, should we have president, vice president or something, too?

12. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    We can do officer elections or whatever at the meeting, if we want to. We also need to be thinking about a City Rep. After three meetings and electing a CR we will be considered an official fanforce by tf.n! As secretary I'll pm Elan-Rai about our meeting (b/c the RSA needs to know for it to count as official).

I'll pm Liz and Obi-Wan's Apparition what I will be wearing. I think the count is at 4 right now: me, Liz, OWA (is there another nickname you'd like? OWA is just easy to type, but I'll call you whatever you like :)) and SamsGirl.

Um... anything else?

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I've got a good idea for a logo for the shirts, if we ever get those done. This is my idea: a close up of the state capital, but instead of the sower on top, a Jedi Knight holding a lightsaber.......

does anyone think that sounds silly/cheesy?

Or a Jedi knight in a red husker uniform.....okay, that's a little more cheesy than the first idea.

Is anyone really good at art?

This is going to be soooooo much fun! Finally,real star wars fans to play trivial pursuit with! My family refuses to play with me. :(

14. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I love your first idea Liz! But I'm not any good at art, sorry.

15. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    sounds awesome and I am looking forward to meeting everyone!!:)

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    As am I!! See everyone on Sunday! :)

17. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    One more day... I'm so excited :D

18. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    hey all, i'm glad we finally were able to meet, and I enjoyed it!:) I look forward to getting more members, and our next meeting!:)

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  20. Bluerjack

Bluerjack Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, look at me go. Always the last to know. Just signed up today, been following TFN for months, but never really looked at the boards.

Anyway, I'd be interested in doing something.

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Bluerjack, our next meeting will be at Gateway Mall @ 2:00 on April 7. Keep posting here and I will inform the other members of the group. We are trying to recruit as many members as possible.

Please take a moment and suggest an idea for the logo in the logo topic. Then we will be having a poll about which one to do.

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I PMed combustible insect, but he has not posted here since Novemnber.

What should be our agenda for the 2nd meeting? And should we create a new topic about it?

23. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Liz, I'll make a new topic about it now... sorry, I said I would do it Sunday night, but I was too tired :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.