main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Line Party at Crossroads 20 AOTC premiere nite Wed. May 15 7PM-midnight

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok NC Triangle ! I got an ok from the promotions manager at Crossroads 20 - we are officially in line party mode!

I'm in charge of the contests on AOTC's premiere night Wednesday May 15 before the midnight showing of Episode II.

Consolidated theatres will provide movie passes for contest winners, and hopefully tee-shirts too.

8PM - Star Wars Trivia
    9PM - Amature Costume contest
    10PM -Lightsaber Duel contest

Signup sheets for the contests will be there at the theatre.

I've asked them to contact the guys at http://www.501stnc.com and get some real Stormtroopers in costume out to walk around.

Anyone out there who'd like to help me in any way, that's cool! contact me at donweinstein@yahoo.com

I'm looking for some easy stuff like a boom box playing Star Wars movie scores and even Wierd Al Yanchovick's Yoda (sung to the tune of Lola) and The Saga Begins (sung to the tune of American Pie). I think those were off the Dare to be Stupid and Running With Scissors.

Yes, it's a wack pair of songs but its fun!

Tallon Kaardgamer

2. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Line party fun is now confirmed and ok'd with Crossroads 20 management!!!!!
    8 PM : Star Wars Trivia contest
    10 lucky signups will get to go in a "Weakest Link" styled competition! Winner gets a certificate and stuff from Crossroads!
    9 PM : Star Wars Costume contest - judging by professional movie costumer Diane Waldier (and my wifey) with awards for best in these categories, winners will get certificates:
    Best Alien
    Best Bounty Hunter
    Best Amidala
    Best Jedi
    Best Sith
    Best Stormtrooper
    Best Droid
    Best Alliance
    Best Yoda
    Best of the Best
    Professional and Amature costumes accepted!

10 PM : Star Wars lightsaber dueling : give us your best 20 seconds and bring it!! You must sign a waiver releasing me and Consolidated theatres from any liability or you won't be allowed to participate. You will be judged on most realisting exciting event by the Shadow Players, a professional staged sword fighting group.

10:30 PM: The Shadow Players will give you a professional show of lightsabres and how its really done!!!!!!

3. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    That sounds so very exciting!! I am soooooooooooo there!!!

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Sounds great! :D I've already got tickets for the first showing at Crossroads, so hopefully I'll be there for all of this! :)

Is there any way you're going to let the community know about it? Because I'm sure some people would like to come who do not post here... maybe talk to the theater about a flyer or something? ?[face_plain] Just a thought. :)

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Thats a great idea, the more-the merrier! I got my tickets tonight for the midnight showing, so I will be there for sure.

6. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I'll be there for sure dressed in my Slave Leia costume, oh wait that is only for special cross dressing occasions. Guess I will be there dressed as me.

7. waynehead

waynehead Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 1998
    I'll be there. Any idea when people will start lining up?

8. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    My g/f and I may have to make the commute from Fayetteville :D

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Laura,
    Yes, good idea on the flyers. I'm going to drop some off this afternoon. Crossroads told me they will advertise with flyers themselves. Crossroads management renig'd on the lightsaber duel by amatures, so I'm moving the Shadow Players show to 10 PM. They were worried about injury and crowd control. Everything else (SW trivia and constumes) are still ON, baby!

Tallon

10. ohitsmagic

ohitsmagic Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    This is great! Now is there anyway to hook up a TV/VCR/projector and have the trilogy playing while waiting in line??

8 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes, 34 seconds and counting....

11. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    I just got a call from my wife who went to down to Crossroads to buy our tickets for the Wed midnight showing and was told that tickets were SOLD OUT. Can this be true??

PLEASE, PLEASE, if anybody has extra tickets, I need THREE for the Crossroads midnight show. Please email me: mlim@unc.edu if you can help me. I can't believe this, I've spent the past few weeks thinking of my costume and can't imagine going to a party if I don't even have a ticket. :(

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    ohitsmagic: Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that! :( I'm afraid we've only got our two tickets... I hope you can find some!

I wonder how many people will show up? :D Sounds like fun, I can't wait! :D

8 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes, 10 seconds and counting. ;) :D

13. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    Well, I decided to go with the Raleigh Grande instead for the Wed midnight show. I'm sure there will be plenty of fans there so it will be fun. Nonetheless I really am bummed to miss the fun at Crossroads.

Not to try to compete with Crossroads, but I hope that we'll see some costumes and lightsaber battles at the Grande also! :)

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm going to add on a Star Wars jigsaw puzzle contest after the Shadow Players do their swordfighting thing. I have three puzzles, 550 pieces each, one from each of the classic trilogy. I'm gonna select random teams of 4 people. I have a kitchen timer and I know how to use it! You'll have 7 minutes to complete the puzzle with your team. Fastest team gets free stuff!

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Gee I wish I had a boom box. I'd love to add some Star Wars musical background to this fun stuff especially and that cheezy Star Wars Cantina parody ;-)

16. waynehead

Oct 19, 1998
    Tallon, if we get there at 7 will we be too late? Should we get there earlier?

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    i'll see if i can get a boom box, if not, maybe we could use my car, its got a decent system. do you have the soundtracks and all, or do you need those as well?

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    If you still need a boom box I could probably bring mine... it would be really cool to play Star Wars music in the background. :)

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Laura, boom box and music would be most appreiciated! I'm thinking all the Star Wars scores for serious moments, then at least one hour of humor / parodies, like Star Wars Cantina, Jabba on the Dais, Rock me Amidala, all the Weird Al Yankovich Star Wars hits for big laughs. They have links to some of them on the FanForce Humor section.

Can you burn a CD for the parody mix?

20. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Padawan,
    I'll need the music too, please. I'm planning to be there about 4PM, but official festivities don't begin until 8PM as it gets dark when the fun starts. You guys and gals, I should be very easy to recognize cuz I'll in costume as Obi-Wan.

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Okay, I'll bring the boom box. :) I've got the soundtrack for TPM, and the Original Trilogy SE soundracks, so I'll bring those too. Are we going to want the AotC soundtrack? I own it, but it's still unopened & I haven't even seen it... I'll bring it, but if we do end up playing it don't say anything about the track names! :p (No spoilers for me! ;) )

I'll see what I can do with the parody songs (the only ones I'll have are the 8 or 9 from TF.N's Humor page, and I've already got Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" on the computer), but I'm afraid I can't promise on this one because our CD burner is prone to do weird things. :p I'll do my best! :) I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked or not.

I'm not sure what time we'll be there. Hopefully a little before 8PM. :) I don't have a costume or anything, but I guess when I come up with the boom box you'll know who I am. ;) Will we be inside or outside, just out of curiosity?

:D I can't wait!

22. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    For Star Wars parodies, you must watch the Star Wars Gangsta Rap (I think you can download an MP3 somewhere):

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1403

Depending on how nuts the crowd at the Raleigh Grande is (and if I can hold my place for an hour or 2), I might come over to Cary just to see the festivities . I sure hope I'm not the only one dressed in costume---if I am, I definitely will come to Cary where I won't be alone. I won't reveal my costume yet, but let's just say I played a pretty key role in the battle of Yavin (among others)...

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    How ARE we going to know each other in that, sure to be, huge crowd. Any ideas? I dont have a costume either, we should come up with something so we can all meet each other.

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Didja see me on tv yesterday?! Old greying guy talking to Tom Lawrence on Channel 5 WRAL.... That was me... I'm so glad I didn't suck in the interview... I look just like my icon on the left ;-) <<<<<<<<<<<==================================

I'm going to be running back and forth like nuts in my Obi (black on beige robes {formerly curtains! ;-) ) costume. I should have an EP1 ObiWan kenner green lightsaber. I should be there by 5PM.

Those of you who want to help, just come grab me. There will be easy things to do.

Who wants to do that rap with me??? Please print someone out the words... I know no rehersal but oh my gosh that would be riotous....

25. waynehead

Oct 19, 1998
    Howabout little theforce.net nametags? :D

I have no idea what my costume'll be (if there will be one, even, here's hoping) as my friends and I were planning to do all that tomorrow. But I should be there around 7. I hope to see y'all there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.