Rocky M, NC Line Party Thread - For Episode III

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If someone can find out how many come in a roll, and pick me up enough to come to around 500, I would be glad to pay you back, and I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    There might be some of the ticket things around here (office) - if they weren't thrown out a while back.
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems like the last time I looked (a couple of years ago) they sold in roles of 1000 and were around $5.00.
  4. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can someone pick me up some of those?
  5. ForceTheologian Force Ghost

star 2
    I know for a fact that there are tickets at Office Depot. I could donate free passes to Thee Dollhouse in Raleigh, or is that too much?

FT
  6. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Not if you're donating them to me, it's not....
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    FT, you're genarosity has just brought a tear to my eye. It takes a special kind of man to pass up boobies in favor of charity. :)
  8. Cowgirlup0916 Jedi Knight

star 1
    you get a roll of tickets at Wal-mart. They have them in blue and red. I figured that might work, one color for the sith and one for the jedi, the people purchasing them can decide which they want. If anyone wants to look into that.
  9. Inept-trooper3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is there anything that you all would want me to do/bring? Or, would you rather me stand back and not hurt myself :D
  10. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Riff said something about getting you a Jar-Jar costume.
  11. Inept-trooper3 Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. TrueRevanite Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cassie and I have several non-Star Wars board games and such. If you would like us to bring any of those for a change of pace, we can. Her favorite is LOTR Trivial Pursuit
  13. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I would say to bring anything you think people might want to play. But quicker paced and "geekish" stuff will probably go over best. The important thing is that we have some activities to keep us entertained when things get slow.
  14. Inept-trooper3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I say that we get some escrima sticks and beat the hell out of each other with 'em...wait we'll prolly be doing that with Lightsabers. Nevermind.
  15. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    There was a lot of that going on last time. :) I haven't seen that many moviegoers hitting each other since the last Rocky movie. Incidentally, there was a lot of violence at The Village, but that was mostly people trying to poke out their own eyes rather than watch that piece of crap.
  16. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    ^ [face_laugh] ^ So very true...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  17. ForceTheologian Force Ghost

star 2
    Man, I don't think I'll get there until about 9 pm Weds night. New job and all but I'll have to see if I can get it off anyway.

FT
  18. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm glad i took the time to re-read your post there inept, looked like you said something about enima sticks...
  19. Inept-trooper3 Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. Cowgirlup0916 Jedi Knight

star 1
  21. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Got a huge roll of tickets, so thats taken care of....

I am thinking, by the way, that we will have a meeting at Fetts, not THIS Saturday, but next Saturday. I chose Fetts, because its a place we can all sit down, and put pen to paper and really dig in and get to work on the line party info, so I can present it to Heath.
  22. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Not meaning to step on anyone?s toes here, but most of you know that I have a thing for organization and planning. Since no one else stepped forward, I?m taking it on myself. If anyone else would rather take the role, just let me know. With that said, let?s get down to business. :)

Our fearful leader has proposed an organizational meeting at Fetts next Saturday (4/7) so that we can finalize the plans for the line party and he can present it to Heath. Considering how unfocused we can get at these meetings, I?ld like to have as much groundwork done as possible before we actually sit down to hash it all out. With that goal in mind, I give you the following:

Confirmed Activities: These are activates that people have committed to doing. If you have suggestions or are interested it also participating, running, managing or otherwise helping out in the activity, contact one of the people listed. If you are listed please get in touch with the others listed so that you can start hashing things out. As your group makes progress or comes to 100% completion (or confirmation) please let me know so that I can check you off my list as ready to role.
    Pazaak - Mordtat and Riff
    Star Wars Trivia - Lodreh
    Chess - Entropy
    PowerPoint presentation/Slide show - Entropy and Joe-da
    Raffle to benefit Kisses for Katie - Riff and Eris
    Lord of the Rigns Trivia - Revenite and Cowgirl
    Plot to take over the world - Entropy, Eris, and Lodreh

Proposed Activities: Interest has been expressed in the following activities but no one has committed.
    Lightsaber dueling - FT
    SW RPG - Entropy, Hawthor
    SW Minis game
    SW Monopoly
    HeroClix
    CCGs
    Other SW board games
    Costume contest
    Live music

Unanswered Questions:
    - Do we need/want to award prizes or trophies, and if so what? I think both Joe-da and FT have made offers to throw prizes or raffle items into the pot.
    - Is there a plan for food? Order delivery, bring sandwiches, cook out?
    - Are we going to actively seek press coverage (other then Joe)? If so, who's going to handle that? Typically, this is Riff or Fett's area, but if anyone else has contacts now would be the time to speak up.
    - Will StageFrightz Productions have some kind of presence?

Announcements:
    Wear your club tee-shirts (even if it is under your costume)

No activity that competes with any service that the theater provides, or involves noncharitable fund raising.

If we do decide to try to cook out, we should probably confine it to hours when the theater is closed.
  23. Jawaslayer Jedi Padawan

Being that I am new and all, But what time will this line party be and what date? I know the May 19th is the big day, and i know that on the 18th midnight showing will start the whole thing off. so the day of the 17th. because I have taken the 19th and 20th off for the occasion.
    Sorry for the cluelessness, but just trying to be on the same page. hehe
  24. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Just to clairify... people are going to start camping out on the 17th of May... through the night... all day of the 18th and after the midnight showing we are planning to hit Denny's in Goldrock for an early breakfast and talk about the flick. Hope to see you there :).

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  25. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course, you are welcome to show up whenever you like, but if this one is anything like Ep II most people will not start showing up until around dusk. Even most of the hard core?s from last time didn't start arriving until 3:00 or 4:00. The only notable exceptions were Fett, Riff, Lodreh, and myself. We all arrived at various times before noon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.