main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Line Party Thread - For Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Well, that sucks. I just think Riff is got a problem with Thee Dollhouse. I even got them at a fundraiser for Neil (he's a kid I know, 9 years old, just got his wish from MAW Foundation, and who has had numerous surgeries, including like 5 open heart). I just thought that if they can help one kid, maybe it can help another. Maybe they can just be the ultra secret "Dark Side" prize that is taken care of quietly. Hmm?

FT
    Kermy the Jedi Master

2. Cowgirlup0916

Cowgirlup0916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I hate to be the desenting vote, and if I'm out of line then just tell me, but I don't think this is the type of fundraiser for those type of tickets. Here's my reasoning, I assume that when you tell people about the raffle your also telling them about some of the prizes now if a parent enters to win something for their child or a kid enters trying to win one of the prizes (I could see a kid or teenager entering trying to win the XBOX game.) So what happens if you go to pull a ticket and it's for the Dollhouse tickets, are you just going to put their name down and they don't win? I think that it would be better to sell the tickets to someone and then use the money to just donate or to buy something else for the prizes. I'm not trying to be mean, actually it was a very nice jester I just don't think that they are age appropiate for this fundraiser.

~Cassie~

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I agree, The Dollhouse passes probably shouldnt be given away at a Star Wars showing. Call me whatever you want, I just dont think its appropriate.

4. Aidion_Templari

Aidion_Templari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    i could get a trenchcoat and walk around selling the passes, kinda like the merchants on RE4

5. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Word!!! (to FT's comment)

6. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    My thoughts exactly, Cowgirl and Eddie-wan. I am trying to sell some tickets at work here, and I definitely think it would be inappropriate for this situation. As I said, though, we will find a use for them, dont worry, FT.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Okay, the Nashville Graphic has been contacted. Spoke with the editor and explained to her what was going on. She seemed interested and is going to give me a call back. Being a weekly paper, I'm hoping they will have time to do something with us. Anyway, they know what were doing.

8. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Eddie: Cool beans! and Thanks!

FT's Passes: I agree that they shouldn't be a part of this raffle, but I still think we should take FT up on his offer to use them. Maybe if we have any raffle tickets left we can have a raffle specifically for those. To be quite honest, I know more people who would be willing to buy a chance to see boobies than to win a toy, no matter how valuable. No offense to the toy collectors out there. Just stating a fact.

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, we will figure something out for them. :)

10. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Put a notice in the paper this week. I'll be able to see the finished product in a few hours.

I mentioned that the top prize was tickets to Thee Dollhouse.... (I jest..)

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Just got off the phone with the Rocky Mount Telegram. Actually called in response to an add they had yesterday about wanting parents who had seen the OT and were sharing Star Wars with their kids. Spoke with Fred Marion about that and of course it led to our ROTS activities. We spoke about our group, C3, Kisses for Katie, and other things regarding our Ep III events. Asked me if I would have time for a longer phone interview and also had Riff's name as a contact. FYI, the Telegram is also sponsering a costume contest so maybe we can do that together. Gave him the website for kisses for katie as well as our website.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    A couple of things.... (it has been VERY hectic today)

1) Eddie-wan, would you possibly mind starting another thread for the Kisses for Katie link on it? (With the CORRECT site? I accidentally linked the wrong site before, I believe)

2) I have spoken with Paula with Marketing for the Rocky Mount Telegram. We are changing our plans for the costume contest because we are merging our idea on the contest with two judges coming from them, and two from us. They are possibly going to have one person from the Telegram judging, as well as the GM of a local Radio Station, if I am correct. From the Eastern Rim, we are going to have Fettfan and myself as judges. I will be wearing my robes, but I dont think it would be right for me to enter for a multitude of reasons. However, I am telling everyone else here, if you can POSSIBLY come up with a costume, I would try and enter. They have several sponsors lined up for this, and the top prize could possibly be several hundred dollars. They are also going to be putting something in the paper about the charity event as well, and that we are going to be out there with the line party, etc. etc. :D ALOT is going on, like I said. This thing could be bigger than I was expecting it to be, and thats a good thing. We are going to need to have our ducks in a row, so we can come off looking like the class act we are, folks.

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Groovy, groovy, groovy!!!

14. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Well, that takes us off the hook for prizes. And opens up the contest to our membership. Score on both fronts! :) Now we just need to focus on prizes for the trivia contest.

15. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    I got the sign shop here in town donating a banner for us... :D :D
    And shirts have been ordered.........

16. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, I left Saturday and forgot to give you my money for a new shirt. Oh well, the one I have is fine. Maybe I'll wait until you get a new design. And I will look and see if theres anything I can bear to part with out of my little collection to donate as a prize.

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Fettfan, I imagine Fred will be contacting you soon. I just got off the phone with him, and he did an interview with me. He already did one with Eddie-wan, and I think he wanted to do one with you, too. They said it would be in this Thursdays copy of the paper, and they will be doing ALOT of coverage on the movie, and the premiere, line party, etc. etc. next week. He said it could possibly be articles covering it in Wed., Thurs., AND Friday of next week, too. Wow! He also asked about our website, so I gave him all that info, so we could start seeing folks popping in, for all we know. :D More Star Wars fans! Very, very cool!

18. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    SWEET>>>>>>........................... :DS :D

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Yep. Just got off the phone with Fred as we talked a little more. Dudes and dudettes, I am SO hyped about all this. Its gonna be great for Star Wars and The Eastern Rim to get some positive publicity. WAY to many folks like to take stabs at SW and its fans.

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Amen, brudda. By the way, did you know your avatar has vanished? Hmmm.... nevermind. Its back now. Ok, thats a sign that it has indeed been a crazy day, lol!

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    ???????? If your referring to my actuall avatar, no I see it on my cpu. If your talking about Quinlan in the comics, no I didnt know. I havent been able to find anything new around here. Still havent seen Obssesion 4 or 5 or the new Republic.

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Edited post, due to brief stint of senility. Please pardon the senior moment. :D

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
  24. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Isn't it a little more than a moment Riff. :p

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmm... blast. Well, I cant blame the Holy Ale this time, can I? :(

Thread Status: