NYC, NY Line Sign-up Question

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ewok_Vaseline, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok_Vaseline Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is NYLine.org going to advise us when the sign-up will begin, before it begins, or are they going to simply notify everyone the second they can sign up?

I would hope for the first choice. That way we can all prepare to sign-up, rather than risk not knowing until it is too late.

-Zach
  2. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I believe the shift schedule will be up in advance. Also SWNYC members will have a heads up.
  3. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    See message below... my browser up-chucked and sent this before it was finished!
  4. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    You know your obsessed with Star Wars when...

While your at work, you call home and ask your dad to go to nyline.org to see if there is sign ups yet....
  5. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mystery Sith is correct. The shift schedule and rules should be posted within the next 36 hours, and signup for SWNYC members will be available sometime around mid-week. Though it may not seem like much has been happening since we got word from the Ziegfeld, NYLine has been working 'round-the-clock behind the scenes to make sure this line runs more smoothly, members have more fun, and we raise buckets more money for Starlight than in 1999.

Thirteen days until the line begins!
  6. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    time outto... So by Shift Schedule... does that mean predetermined shifts?

Or can we make the shifts at times when we can come?
  7. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are predetermined shift times...We are going to ask that everyone sign up for shifts in advance, just enough that they meet a minimum requirement of "shift points", which are determined by the time of day the shift takes place. We're going to need to know how many people are on the line at a time so that we can have enough staff there to make sure everything is okeyday. The minimum requirement is not very crazy, we want this to be about fun and friendship and ewok dancing. However, you can show up at any time for an unscheduled shift. These shifts won't count towards the time you need to earn your ticket, but will count towards prizes and better seats for the actual show.
  8. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh poodoo....Thats not fair! Use college students cant exactly be there at a predetermined time...
  9. Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have to agree with Samantha about that,that's why I haven't signed up yet,I cant plan out that far in advance.I guess I'll just have to wait & see what happens.I guess we could always just show up & wait.
  10. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Sign up is not available yet. It will be in a few days. We had many college students in line for TPM. It is actually not that far in advance.

The line begins in 13 days.
  11. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fear not! Everyone knows where fear leads...
    Shifts during the weekdays are usually only 4 hours long, and worst case, a ticket can be earned easily by signing up for weekend shifts. Take it from someone who was in college during the line in '99...it's possible to schedule around classes and such...I can't really say how WELL you'll do in those classes though ;) But it's worth it...
  12. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no problem with the 4 hour shift.... Just when i can do the 4 hours shift... that'll be difficult. Friday and Saturdays will prolly be my longer shifts..i can only do shifts 5 days a week though... wednesdays and sundays are my work days....

Studying on the line... this should be interesting...

*Preys that her best friend who she drives to school EVERY dang day gets his license on friday, so that i can take more shifts and secure my 12am tickets*

Fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to suffering..

Fear of not getting a 12am tickets leads to being angry at the nyline....being angry at the NYline leads to hating the people who have 12am tickets... hating those people leads to suffering without a 12am ticket...
  13. VLAmidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    are there going to be evening/overnight shifts? the only way i'd be able to be there at a consistent time is if it were, like, 10pm-2am. otherwise, i guess i'll be there on weekends.

(you know you're hardcore when even the thought of signing up for the line gets you excited...)
  14. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heheh, based on your description of times available, you'll be MORE than OK for the midnight show...

If anybody's itchy (not Chewie's dad), feel free to email me at amit@nyline.org, and I can send you a preliminary shift schedule...
  15. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    :) Yayayayayayaya

I just thought i'd yet everyone know that CVS is selling one of those foldable camping type chairs for 7.99. Me thinks im gonna pick one up this week.

I have to dig through my basement and find my sleeping bag....Im gonna need it when it comes time to camp out for tickets....

I also need to find my small suitcase..the one that teachers use with the wheels...
  16. VLAmidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol! i think i'll be stealing my suitemate's ugly old spare comforter (we have it for whenever one of us has someone spending the night in the living room) to put between me and the sidewalk.

geez, i'm getting so excited! :)
  17. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Exciting is EXACTLY the word I'd use for it :)

If anyone cares, this time we were allowed a canopy on the line, so if weather gets bad, we can shove as many people as possible under there, instead of Darth Zippy's hastily prepared tarp-tent, hehehe...
  18. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Totally unrelated to shifts and sign-ups, I just decided that I will be coming to the opening of the line on the 27th. I'm going to come in from school in DC for a summer internship interview on the 26th. Conviently, thats one day before the line-up. I thought I was going to miss all the fun. I doubt anyone really cares, but I'm all excited. Its almost here everyone. :D
  19. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
  20. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Im definetely signing up for the very first shift. Already cleared my shcedule :)

Im gonna have to buy one of those puncho thingys i guess....

Can i be the official weather forcaster for NYline? Im a meteorology major actually! I think it would be cool!!

21. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    We had Lee Goldberg to do the weather last time :)

The First shift is bombad!!!! Even if you do not get to sign up for it, you should stop by. I did that in 1999 and had a ball.
  22. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    I wanna do the weather! Im going to be the next Lee Goldberg!
  23. asax Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, EVERYONE please come for the first shift, if you're scheduled or not!! We want to put on a grand show for the press! Plus, that first day is just oodles of fun. You hear me, OOOODLES!! It shall be a day long remembered!

Heheheh, J_S, if you're our Lee Goldberg, then perhaps you can be our fan of the day for a few weeks!
    (We had him as fan of the day and didn't get the time to change it for a long time...a long time).
  24. VLAmidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    the 27th is a saturday, right? you can count me in.

::breaks out into the ewok yub yub dance of joy::
  25. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait. Is it the 27th yet? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.