main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Line up/T-shirt

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by jarik33, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey all, over on the FanForce Line Up board they're talking about making T-shirts with their local logo's on em. I know we don't have alot of people, but my brother makes shirts and gives them to me for the cost of the shirt and he never charges me until after he sends them. Has anyone worked on a logo? Anyone interested in shirts?

2. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    I have played around with some ideas for a logo but have not finished anything. The tough part is what will the Forum's symbol? A character? A ship? A planet?

Any ideas?

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    That sounds cool, y'all! :cool: :D I know the GSFF (German Speaking Fan Force) had shirts made when they got together in December, with some sort of logo/words on the back (I didn't see the back...), and their screennames on the front in smaller print. They looked really nice! :)

Aren't you the "Spice Miners"? Is there a picture of something to do with that? ?[face_plain]

Um, I can't think of anything else really... :p Some help I am, huh? ;)

4. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Great idea!!! That would be great to get t-shirts made! I agree with SgtFretSurfer. We need to agree on a logo.

T-shirts would be cool. Or maybe ID cards. :D

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The Hothlanta Rebels now have t-shirts. We have several different designs. We used cafepress.com, as they charged us nothing to set up our designs, and folks can go directly to the cafepress site to order their shirts.

You can go to this thread in the Atlanta forum to get a look at the shirts, if you're curious. :)

EDIT: For our AOTC campout/line-up, we're making ID badges that we can hang around our necks so folks can identify all the crazy fans that will be living in tents at the movie theater. ;)

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, awesome shirts, Minacia!! :D

Sounds like y'all will have a blast camping out! :)

I want to see what these shirts/ID's look like once they're done, Grilled-Sarlacc! ;) Sounds awesome! All of you should get together and take a picture with them on, and post it somewhere (you need a website, too. ;) )... :p :D

7. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    i like your shirts, minacia! i also like your new picture. it is very beautiful. :)

i hope i can line up for the midnight showing. that would be so neat.

minacia, what is your fanforce doing with a line-up? are you going to be there at midnight for the movie?

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Thanks, y'all! :)

Right now, our line-up plans are still coming together, but here is what we know so far:

Our line-up/campout will begin at noon on May 14th. The management of the Regal Cinema will be setting aside a nice grassy area for us to camp out upon. We can even pitch tents, if we would like. Probably at noon the next day (May 15th), we will move away from the campout area to form the line to get into the theater. At 6:00 p.m., we will begin to periodically hold contests, such a trivia contests and charades games to amuse those of us standing in line. There will be prizes for the winners, which will be donated by a local comic book shop and the movie theater.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it? :D

9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, Minacia! :D :cool: :D Are y'all going to wear costumes or anything? :)

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    We have several members who also happen to be members of the GA 501st Stormtrooper Garrison. A few of them may appear in armor for the second day of the line-up. There may be a few other folks who show up in costume, as well.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    I expect pictures!! That is so cool!!

Where do they get all those armor uniforms?? I bet they are very expensive!

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Don't worry, we'll get plenty of pictures. :)

I'm not sure where all the 501st guys get their armor. I believe that they have several suppliers.

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh yeah, pictures!!!! :D :)

I wonder if it is so expensive... maybe they have some sort of place they can get it discounted... I don't know. :p

14. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I want to see Minacia as a Biker Scout Trooper! :D

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    There is actually one girl in the GA 501st that has a biker scout outfit. Personally, biker scout attire just isn't me. White has never been my color. Black, on the other hand, is just the color for me. ;)

16. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    OK. I want to see Minacia as Darth Maul! ;)

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Well, I don't know if I'm up for loads of face paint, but I might be able to manage the black robes. ;)

18. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Cool! Minacia_Brightstar, Lady of the Sith! :D

I am looking into prices for those uniforms online. I may even check E-Bay.

19. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Minacia: Hey, that would be cool! :) Are any of your FF members going to dress up for your lineup other than the people from the 501st Stormtrooper Garrison? ?[face_plain]

Grilled-Sarlacc: You can find nearly anything on ebay! [face_laugh] :p We are in the process of selling stuff there, and it's actually pretty funny. We just sold our extra satellite reciever for almost twice as much as it costs brand new! :p Insane. ;)

20. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I am going to call some theatres this weekend to find where it will be playing. I hope they don't mind a few campers outside. ;)

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm not sure if any of the non-501st FF folks will be lining-up in costume or not. I wish I had the time to get a costume together before the line-up, but I'm just too busy to get it done. I'm hoping to have a costume of some sort for Dragon*Con, however. :)

22. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    i talked to a lady today at the havelock theater and she didn't think they would have a midnight showing for episode 2. i asked her if they could look into it but i don't think she will.

we may need to go to another theater.

23. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    For TPM I went to the one in Morehead City on Bridges street. They have nice comfy seats, too.

24. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    Cool! I have never heard of that theater? Is that one near a mall? I think I went to see A.I. at a theatre there near a mall one time.

25. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Well, there isn't a real mall in Morehead, there are a couple of strip malls though, and there are theatres at both of them. This one is behind Belk and the music store, so that's probably the same one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.