main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lines -- any idea how big

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Just curious what anybody thinks about this. How bad do any of you think the lines will be. Will some events require getting in line an hour or two early or will there be plenty of room for everyone.
    At the Denver Celebration there were things that required several hours including the store and whatever was going on in the main tent with Anthony Daniels. Other things took no time at all to get into.
    I'm mainly just curious because I'd like to form a game plan if it is at all possible.

2. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    "I have a bad feeling about this"

I have been having fears of the horrible lines also. I can only hope that they know 25K -50K people are going to show up, and they plan accordingly. :)

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    What does everyone want to see the most that might create a huge line? I wonder how many tickets will be available for the concert? I would think that there will be a huge line for that. Some other events will probably be full of those of us allowed in one hour ahead of time. I think though, that if you are in the fan club and put together a good enough plan, you should be able to see most of the stuff you care the most about.

4. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm scared to death about the size of the concert tickets line... Thank God I get to IN early. I'm gonna check that line as soon as SWCII opens!

5. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    Hmmm the thing I want to see the most is hayden :) [face_love]

6. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Line strategy was a big deal at C1--my cousin and I spent more time in lines than at any of the actual events! The line for the store alone was four hours long on the Saturday. If they had not added the extra show with Ray Park at 7:30 PM on that Saturday night, we would not have seen him nor Anthony Daniels!

This time at least I will be able to go in early to line up for things I want to purchase (such as the exclusive AOTC book at the Suncoast booth) and then my husband will come in an hour later to line up at other places such as the Book Give-Away or the concert ticket line. At least we will be dry this time!!

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think the longest lines are going to be the autograph lines. 2-3 hours for Fisher and Williams. 1-2 for Piesse. Less than an hour for everybody else on my list.

The welcome ceremony/McCallum & Christensen line will also be huge, however once they start seating for each panel event those lines will go fast.

8. Obi-Kaufman

Obi-Kaufman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    HAte to burst your boober VadersFist but Fan Club members get in at 10:00 am Friday and the concert tickets don't go on sale until 1:30 pm. So, unless you want to hang around for three and a half hours and miss other things, I don't know about that.

9. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I can see one of the worst lines being that of Carrie Fishers, so many want her autpgraph. Billy Dee seems to be at quite a few conventions each year.

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It recently hit me that if they are checking bags the longest lines will be the lines to get in.

11. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Oh gods.

That's it, no bag for me 'cept they one they hand me, if I get it. Just my cosutme belt pouches adn a binder to keep autos safe in.

~Caleigh

12. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    My friend and I were talking about this (well, ok Celebration is about the only thing we talk about anymore) and have decided we are going to use that autograph pull service to it's fullest extent. Thankfully I have some of the autographs from the past and know that the ones I will want are going to be super long lines and super rushed along the lines of.... "....I thought you were g.......ack" as you are getting pushed along for the next person to get something signed. Just an idea since we will see most of the people in other areas to get pictures and the like. And because there will be SO FREAKING MUCH to do there.

13. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    My biggest concern is the autograph lines. It would suck if they had a separate line for each signer. What about a few lines for several signers so you only had to wait in them a couple times. At least for Fisher and Williams.

Scott

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    My personal opinion is that autographs are totally pointless. I guess they could be worth money to some people, but so the hech what, you are just going to keep them anyway. I could understand a picture, but what is the real point of an actual autograph? It's just a person's name written down.

15. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think it's the proof that you met them, and it's that you have an object that has been personalized by them. Sometimes, it's just an amusement factor, like I didn't know someone played Gonk, so getting his autograph would be amusing. The main point of autographs I think is the whole, "Wow, she kissed my cheek, I'll never wash my face again" mentality. Something of yours has been in a celebrity's hands for a moment, sort of a marker to denote the crossing of paths. Personally, I collect action figures (normally uncarded) so to have someone sign their figure is kind of cool. Like, I had Zahn sign a Thrawn, and my wife had him sign a Mara Jade. They were characters he created and now his name is permanently on them.
    Anyone can go to a hockey game and buy a puck, or go to a baseball game and buy a ball, but catching one from the actual game is far better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.