main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lineup was great!

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by AdamSelzer, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamSelzer

AdamSelzer Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I can't believe it's been three years since I'd seen the people at the Phantom Menace lineup...once I showed up at the campsite, it seemed as though it'd been a couple of weeks at most. The lineup was bigger this year, and perhaps better organized (actual sleeping involved this time!) I think that a splendid time was had by all; even if the movie hadn't turned out to be good, the lineup still would have been worthwhile on its own. Here're some specific things that I'm sure I'll remember:

-At the last lineup, z93 was really mean to us. This time, they brought us pizza.

-Some radio station (I think it was 650"The Fan") asked me if there was a lot of free love going on. I can just picture geek free love... "Knight to Queen's Rook, baby!"

-As long as I live, I don't think I'll ever figure out how we managed to keep the whole place spoiler-free.

-I woke up from a nap to find myself surrounded by the Empire (or the 501st, anyway). That was a bit alarming until I heard that Boba Fett had brought cookies.

-Having been asked to do so, I brought my guitar along again. It's a lot of fun to get 20 people at once to shout "I wanna be Jar Jar Binks," and even cooler to arrange an impromptu orchesta with accordion and digital guitar (sorry about the academic credentials, Carol!)

-I'd had a very bad week, what with car problems, job trouble, house trouble, etc down at home in Milledgeville. The lineup/movie was just what I needed. For a good day and a half, all of those problems just vanished. Course, on my way home today my car nearly exploded, and is now in the job getting a new engine that I REALLY can't afford, but that somehow seems a lot easier to bear. "Yeah, mom, it's sad about the car...but is (insert character here) cool or what?"

Hope to see everyone again much sooner than 2005!

Adam

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm very glad that you joined us for the campout and lineup, Adam. Your music was a source of much joy and laughter. I now sing the chorus of "Cantina" all of the time. ;)

The lineup did indeed go very well. All of the media were polite, for the most part, and all of the fans were great.

Thanks to all the members of the lineup committee who helped to put this together. I also should mention, once again, how great the management of the Regal Cinemas Hollywood 24 is. Without the help of Van Miller, our lineup would have been much more difficult to organize.

I hope everyone had as interesting and fun a time as Adam at the lineup. I know I did. :)

3. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Eeek!

Hey Adam, what ARE the lyrics to that Jar Jar song again?

~Caleigh

4. AdamSelzer

AdamSelzer Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Jar Jar Binks in the UK
    by Adam Selzer
    Tune of "Anarchy in the UK" by the Sex Pistols.
    (please note: the song will be released this fall on my next humor album, "Worst Episode Ever," which will be recorded next month at Confluence in Pittsburgh)

I am an amphibian!
    Specifically, I'm a gungun!
    Know what I want but know how to get it
    wanna annoy all the hardcore fans
    and I
    wanna be
    Jar Jar Binks!

Many ways to get what you want
    I used the best and i used the rest
    used a lightsaber and a blaster gun
    I used "my tongue! my tongue!"
    and I