main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Lining Up at the Cinerama

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TheSheryl, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    That's why you've got to keep an eye out on the AB and GT boards too! I think because there was a limited number of spots available and because most of the costumed people hang out at the other borads is why it didn't get posted here.

But anyway, I don't know who they were talking about as a 'special guest' last night. No one LFL-related at least. But there were a few 'names' in attendance, like Tom Skerrit, Edgar Martinez, and oh yeah, Bill Gates. Maybe they meant him.

Sonnet

2. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    when the alpha base site went down and combined with the GT board i never reregistered....

with all the email lists and groups i'm already a part of it slipped my mind... = (

but still, it would have been nice to get a heads up using the email list...

NWJEDI
    dave

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Gosh, that was over a year ago. Alpha Base hasn't been part of GT for a long time. We post on Rebel Legion now. Though many of us also register and post on Titan, that's not the official AB message board.

And costume workshop and other events are emailed using the yahoo group.

4. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    yea got got all those emails now that you mention it...

and yes i do receive the costuming workshops and the like...

my only point was the costumed event at the charity premier would have been nice to know about over the email list...

with all the groups i'm registered with i keep track of 99.9% through the email lists... going to my email in box is quicker and easier then going to a dozen different message boards and webpages....

by making info available only on message board you tend to exclude anyone that doesn't frequent them, unless it is clear that certain info is only available here: _______________ .... i know some fan clubs and groups that use this as a way of keeping the most up to date info in a specific place and they use this as a marketing tool... kind of like HYPERSPACE on the starwars.com message board...

not bitching by any means, just sharing my views

NWJEDI
    dave

5. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    It's supposed to be raining pretty good Tuesday and Wednesday.... :(

6. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    So now that the line event is over and done with (at least for the 12:01 showing Wednesday night/Thursday morning), there is a question that has been plaguing my mind ever since . . .

There were people on this thread who thought that it would be perfectly reasonable to line up at about 10:00 pm. How did this work out for you guys? Was the line everything you expected it to be at 10:00?

7. D0orD0not

D0orD0not Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I showed up around 9:30-45pm and still our group of four still found seats together....no problems....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.