main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Lining up for Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I might go down to the Chineese Theater to line up but does anyone know if you can get tickets in advance there and then wait in line or do you have to just wait in line?

2. Muchie

Muchie Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    I wouldn't have a clue.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Larena, I waited in line at the Chinese theatre for 3 weeks in 1999 for Episode 1 and saw the movie there at the midnight showing. For more information about the line and line events, visit Liningup.net. Basically, if you want to be a part of the liningup.net group, you sign in when you arrive in line, and log out when you leave. Your place in line depends on how many hours you have been in line total. You are free to come and go of course. The person with the most hours in line, gets to go to the front of the line. It is a requirement to either donate, or collect a specific dollar amount for the Starlight Children's Foundation in order to be a member of the liningup.net line. Usually the amount is $50-$75. I raised $300 back in 1999. You don't have to be part of the liningup.net crowd to get into the Chinese for the midnight showing however. They do sell the tickets a week or so early. But, the Liningup.net people will get tickets set aside for them, and I believe you can get 4 tickets per person. The liningup.net people will get into the theatre first, then the general admission people will enter after them. It is best to be a part of the liningup.net group in my opinion. In the first line both Jake Lloyd and Ray Park stopped by. For the 2002 line Elijah Wood was part of the line.

EDIT: You should ask your fearless leader Bowen about the Chinese Line... he wrote a book about the TPM line experience.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Ah yes, from just writing my book I almost have a nostalgic memory of the whole lining up deal :)

That brings back some great memories, hehe, when ALL I thought about was the coming of TPM and the frenzy over media information and the lines and the insanity. And then, my book!

I'd love to see a Star Wars movie at the Chinese Theatre, but I guess I will not have that chance probably.

I'm already in line here at Evergreen for Episode III though, you can join me any time. I'm waiting for the next 850 days. Haha, j/k. lol. I wish. :)

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Thanx,that sounds cool!

6. Darth_Coolieo

Darth_Coolieo Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003
    hey sis hows it going.oh I have to say somthing about lining up at episode 3.
    well i think you would have a better chance at installing a hot tub in your room than going to the chinese theater. [face_devil]

7. darthtterrag

darthtterrag Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    i think you just wait in line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.