main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA LiningUp.Net invites LAFF - SATURDAY MAY 20, 2006 LUNAR II

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sarahls, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    SATURDAY MAY 20, 2006 LUNAR II

"HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!"

What: LUNAR is the LiningUp.net Amazing Race, inspired by the "reality" TV show of similar name ... but this time out hardly recognizable as such. A combination Amazing Race, Mousehunt, Road Rally, Scavenger Hunt, and the lunatic fever dreams of the mad game creators!

Who: Any way you want to team up, with team size between two or three people. (Like two and adults and a kid. Or two adults. Or two adults and a panda.) Invite outside friends if you like. We're also going to extend the invite to LAFF.

Where: The Greater Los Angeles Area

When: May 20th, 2006

How: The "how" is going to depend on how you want to run your races, piece your puzzles, find your finds, and so forth. LUNAR 2 is designed in such a way that anyone can win, and the fastest may not be the best-est.

Cost: Right now, we're going to ask for $10 a person to cover supplies and prizes. The first LUNAR was $15.

We hope EVERYBODY will want to play! This is going to be even more fun that the original LUNAR (if that's possible).

A great excuse to get back into touch with your old friends from the Episode III line!

The major differences from LUNAR I -

CARS! Players will not be restricted to public transportation, and will be free to get around in private vehicles.

ADVANCE TEAMS - Instead of teammates being randomly assigned at the start of the game, you can work out your teams of 2 or 3 people in advance. You can start working on that right now, in fact. If you have concerns about getting a team together ... just post in the official LUNAR thread and we'll all work together to work it out. Feel free to go beyond certified LuN members to create teams.

CELL PHONES, LAP TOPS, and GLOBAL POSITIONING DEVICES - it's all allowed! Ha, what good will it do you?!? It's unlikely you will need any information outside your own heads or require any communication outside your own team. But if you feel the need to access a lifeline pal or internet information during the race ... go ahead and do it!

The Race will likely last all day, and it will be a day you'll remember for the rest of your lives!!

LUNAR II: HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD - so much fun, you won't believe it's legal.

Gallery of LUNAR I - http://www.liningup.net/mb/album_cat.php?cat_id=10

LUNAR Message board Thread - http://www.liningup.net/mb/viewtopic.php?t=8660

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks Sarah
    This is what I was hinting at in the other thread. I think it would be super fun. So who is in? We could have lots of teams. My only requirement for team membership is that you are in good physical health and that you win a bunch of times in our monthly trivia quizes. I'm playing to win.

3. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    Winner becomes the next holder of the Golden TaunTaun!!!

[image=http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6999/goldentauntaun8gk.jpg]

4. vampireanneke

vampireanneke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    I want to do this. I do rather well on trivia. I have the 20th currently free...but that's a pretty month so who knows... (Every weekend but that one is booked so far).

-Anneke

5. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    Yea! Trivia and problem solving will serve you well.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Does anyone want to be on a team with me? I'm taking applications now.

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    sounds like fun. I'm down to join in on the fun.

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm open to being on a team. Heck, I'll even drive. Luckily we have a little time before we need to make definite arrangements.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    VK's knowledge would be an asset to any team.

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    That is for sure an asset. I'll be on VK's team. I'll drive also, my car is slightly bigger and hopefully I won't get a flat (that's an inside joke for VK). ;)

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    2 or 3 people per group? I can drive. I just installed a short-shifter in my car, so I can drive faster. Plus I have race car driving training. Yes, I'm an Asian driver. Anyway, when is this event again? And all we win is a gold painted taun-taun that we have to give back next year?

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    When is it you ask? Look at the title of the tread silly.
    It isn't about winning a big prize. It's about doing things together that are fun and different. Have we done a car rally as a group before? No. So let's just get a few teams together and win.

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Ha ha ha, yeah, my life flashed before my eyes [face_laugh].

Sounds like we have enough cars, so now we just need bodies.

14. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Like I posted earlier, I'm game, and JR, a fast car isn't anything without skill. You might have race driving experience, but it takes a little more skill to handle the roads of so cal. If you watch Initial D you should know this man!!!

15. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    Hey racers!

Just wanted to drop by so we can start to get a team count going for LUNAR. Just email us your team name, or just say "Name Pending", and team members. :) (You know... because you know Rusty is mad with making badges!)

(Oh yeah, send that email to sarah@liningup.net.)

We've been having a blast setting up the course... you're going to see more of LA than you ever could imagine! Bwahahahahahahaha!

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, who's in for this? Post your names here and we can send them along to Sarah.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm in for sure.

18. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Sounds like fun, I may be up for it. I think I may have that weekend open. I'll sneak in from the IEFF, i'll ask if anybody's interested in this in our board.

19. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    So it's like... a scavenger hunt?

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Have you seen the Amazing Race on CBS? Think that.

21. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    It sounds like fun and unless something else is happening that day I should be there.

22. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Is it an all day long or half day?

23. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    It is a whole day. We haven't figured out the exact starting time, but I am guessing around 10am or so, and it should take you until about 6-7pm to finish.

(Although we said that last time and people didn't finish until 10pm.)

It has all sorts of elimates to it. Scavenger hunt, road rally, games, eating, puzzles. :)

You'll need either a digital camera or a polaroid, (if you don't have a camera for your team, let us know and we can work it out), maps of LA County and or a Thomas Guide, gas in the car, and a sense of adventure!

24. Sarahls

Sarahls Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2001
    And you don't have to sneak... invite all of the IEFF. We haven't had much contact with that FF, but they are all more than welcome to attend. Have them check out the main page of www.liningup.net for the details!

25. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I think I'm in. Having a little trouble with the concept of the whole thing but it sounds like fun. If my mom doesn't celebrate her bday on that day I'll be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.