main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Liningup.net looking for some support at ComicCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kessel Runner, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Hello to everyone in the OC. For those of you who are not familiar with Liningup.net, we are the group of fans who do a 6 week line up for the Star Wars films at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. We also raise several thousand dollars for Starlight Children's Foundation at each Line Event.

We are looking to make the experience for Episode III the biggest and best yet, especially since it is our last chance to have this amazing party.

There are many members of our group who will be attending Comic Con, hoping to spread the word about Line, and getting more people involved with the Experience. As you may or may not be aware, the Line lasts 6 weeks, but you check-in and check-out, so you don't need to spend more than a total of about 48 hours in line. We have produced some flyers that explain the basics of line, and direct new recruits to our website. We were hoping that we might be able to obtain a small piece of real estate on your table for our flyers.

We understand that getting the table was a major investment on your part, and are willing to help out with manning the table, or providing some financial backing for our space if need be.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. All of us at Liningup.net are lookiing forward to meeting the fine members of the Orange County Fan Force at Comic Con this year!

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, no offense, but I've never been a big fan of liningup.net. To many rules for my taste. If you're gonna line up, line up. Do it with friends and family if you want, even have someone hold your space if you need to leave. I don't see the point of "earning" your place in line by checking in and out.

As for where we're lining up, I don't honestly know yet. I usually line up at Big Newport and that is where I had planned to line up and see Ep 3 at. I know there are others in our group that had planned to do the same thing. THX sound or not, Big Newport is the biggest screen in the west. We'll likely end up splitting ourselves between Big Newport and Irvine Spectrum.

We're having a meeting this Sunday, so I'll confer with the rest of our members and get their thoughts on this. My immediate thought is that we wouldn't be able to promote your line though, since we'll be trying to get as many of our own members to line up at our chosen locations.

I may drop by the line in Hollywood once or twice just to see how you guys are doing though.

Good luck!

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately we already don't have enough room for our own flyers and materials at our table for Comic-Con. So I will have to deny your request.

4. o2thx

o2thx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2001
    Ahhh, I just love how some Star Wars fans are soooo loving towards others. Thanks for the wonderful deny, we'll keep that in mind. :)

-Peter
    peter@liningup.net

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I really hope that wasn't sarcasm. I have nothing against any of you, I just don't like all the rules put in place for lining up at your line. That's all, no more, no less.

6. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Do you know about our rules? The rules are pretty minimal and mostly for safety. It's nothing like the countingdown days.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    The last rules I knew about were that you had to spend a certain amount of time in line to secure your spot. That's the only rule I need to know to know I don't like it. If you're going to line up, line up. If you need to go somewhere while you're in line, have a friend hold your spot. There shouldn't be a need to "check in and out" unless it's with your group of friends. To my knowledge, liningup.net is the only group that requires a certain amount of time spent in line. There may be other rules, but no, I don't know them.

Just the fact that you have rules bothers me a lot too. Like I said, if you want to line up, just line up. Get in your spot and stay there. No one should be able to "get ahead" just by spending more time in line then someone else. If you can't line up for 30 days, oh well, sorry. The exceptions to this would only be that I think it's ok if people that have been in line since the line started got into the theater 10-15 mins earlier than everyone else. This might give them time to "setup" the experience. Anyone that saw AOTC at Big Newport opening night knows what I'm talking about :) The fact that you have a logistics team for your lineup speaks volumes on how complex it has become.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Different strokes for different folks. :)

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Which is why I said, or at least tried to show that, I don't have a problem with them, just the line rules. I'm sure they're all great people (I have met some of them and they're all very nice), I just don't like their line. That's all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.