main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA LiningUp Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kessel Runner, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    YOU GUYS WERE ON THE NEWS, HOW COOL.

2. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    On the news alot. I am going to be interviewed on Tokyo radio on Thursday.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    in related story. Deadpool likes to Play Tune in Tokyo.

*sorry I had too. you understand.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  5. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Yeah, it's a wild time. the streaming video, with audio is up and running now too.

6. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    FYI I'm in line again today...nerding out with my friends, and listening to Air America radio on lisa's laptop. Life is good. it's about 75 degrees today, sunny, warm. and pretty much every extra feature that has ever been created about SW is on the line computer right now.

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Man I'd call right now but with my voice like it is right now you'd think I was Clint Eastwood.

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    The question you gotta ask yourself is, 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    So what kinda good stuff was Al Franken talking about today Kessel? I just love that man

10. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I actually missed most of Al's show. He was broadcasting from South Carolina though. They just added an affiliate there. He was in NC yesterday. I don't hear him very often. Randi Rhodes is my fix, and Morning Sedition. But Randi is the Isis of the Airwaves.

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I love Randi Rhodes. Too bad she's on delay over here in SF's affiliate, but I can catch her live streaming on the net.

Well, at least your theater is still in business. So at least they can show it once. Our dear Coronet here in San Francisco is now closed. :_|

12. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Tell me it isn't gone! That was MY Theater, I still think of it as my theater. I saw TPM there in 99....that makes me so insanely depressed. :(

And Randi is on delay in LA too. We get the morning shows live but then they put on Ed Schultz during Randi's slot.

13. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    airamericaradio.com has the full network broadcast live so you can hear Jerry Springer. And the Coronet officially closed its doors on St Patrick's Day. Ironically, the last film playing there was Million Dollar Baby. If you know how the movie ends it's somewhat ironic and coincidental that it closed on St Patrick's day. The Coronet was definitely "Mo Cushla"

I saw Star Wars there in the Summer of 1977.

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh my, it closed on my birthday. A fittingly sad movie or sorts to end with.

15. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    It makes me so sad. My avatar over at liningup is a memorial to that theater. I used to live a couple of blocks from it.

The storm has hit the line. Tickes went on sale at Arclight yesterday. We were given very little notice, still managed to get all the tickets we need, but given the way it went down, there are many of us who are flat out refusing to see it there.

16. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Well the paperwork is being signed today, but it's awesome news. Netflix is giving $10,000 to Starlight/Starbright in our name. That brings our grand total to over $20,000 so far we've raised in this line alone.

Master Replicas stopped by the line yesterday and handed out Luke and Vader sabers to everyone in attendence at the moment, with a promise to return.

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    That is AWESOME!!

you told me about the sabers, but not the NETflix deal that is insanely cool.

hey which Tattoo are you kids getting this time out?

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    There is still some discussion on that, but I think the generally agreed upon is the Grievous symbol.

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Fantastic news Kessel!!!! Anyone you want me to say hi to while in Indy?

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    a fairly large contingent of line folks will be there, including the wife of Bernie Wrightson (the comic artist). She's a good friend of mine.

I'm sure they'd be happy to hook up with some NorCal fans.

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    In my normal break time amusement I jumped over to CHUD.com imagine my suprise when I found this:

http://chud.com/dvd/2557

Look at the caption on Pic # 1.

22. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    OK, so last Thursday I had a good day in line. We are doing an ebay auction for the charity. We have several autographed items up for sale.

Mark Hamill had offered some items. We had the items, he just had to sign them. I got to drive to his house withs arah to get the signatures.

I met Mark, sat in his living room, played with his dogs. And saw some of his great collectibles down the hallway.

The auction is up and running. Check it out cause there is some great stuff:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=starlightcaaznv

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    You met the JOKER and didn't call me while you were there???

Dude!

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Sorry, i was keeping it professional. He had to go pick up his daughter from school so we only had a few minutes, but we were at his house in Malibu. Awesome view of the ocean from there.

25. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    could have been worse.

He could have decided to give you a example of his performance from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and show you how he got the name (beep)knocker.

I'm a big defender of Mark. People want to talk smack like he went nowhere after SW...the guys done great, but when people compare him to Harrison it doesn't look that way. If I had a chance to meet either Harrison or Mark I'd pick Mark in a second. Mark seems way cooler.

besides if I met Harrison he'd likely have to shove a ham sandwich down Ally Mcbeals throat...that broad needs to eat man!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.