main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Links on "Welcome New Users Forum" broken?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Wei-Hwa Huang, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Wei-Hwa Huang

Wei-Hwa Huang Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
  2. sea horse

sea horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
    Me here too, maybe the links expired... just a theory. It is like that in another forum we keep having to update every 2 months.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The links in the index have not been updated for the new forum software. We used to be on IGN's software and had to upgrade to a different platform due to IGN upgrading their forums. We are currently using Xenforo software. Looks like Skiara hasn't updated the forum index for the new link formats yet. Hopefully she will get around to it once she's back from her New Year's break.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for a particular thread ask here and hopefully one of us can find it for you.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm already aware that the index links aren't working anymore, plus lots of threads of the index need an update. That's why we are already working on a new index and updated threads. First updating threads, then updating index. :)

Sorry for the shortness, but I'm still ill and having a big headache. Not fun...

Actually, the updated threads and the index were on my to-do list for my winter holidays - until I got ill and had to change all my plans (I couldn't start with anything on that to do list yet :( ). So I ask you for a bit more patience.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Get feeling better, Bean. I will help out. That means - until the links are fixed, I will serve as a manual link to any threads. Everyone, just PM me and I will go through the hellish process of manually creating links and PMing them back to you so that all of the effort of getting where you want to go falls on me. Actually, please do not do that, as the thought of it makes me want to log off and forget my password.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Chorus - I'd just let people ask here in the thread. That way if you put the link in once other new users can see it. If you do it by PM you may get repeat requests. (And Skiara mentioned you'd be keeping an eye on things here. If you need anything feel free to let one of us mods know. If it's urgent - like language or a spam attack - PM any of the mods/admins online.)

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Indeed, sir. Sebine alerted me of my duties. I was being rather absurd with my above idea. This should be a fairly pleasant few days. I will be on the road for roughly 10 hours starting at 1am EST, but I will check in once I have settled in at the hotel. Play nicely, all... or I will turn all 'Caligula' on you...