main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

List of misleading covers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Earnhardt, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Hear, HEAR!

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    lol.

Thrawn with a blaster on the cover of Dark Force Rising.

3. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Thought I already posted this, but...

Tales of the New Republic... when did that happen?

Pretty much any WEG Classic Adventures cover.

4. GreenLightsaber24

GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    Since when were books not a moneymaking product? Or Star Wars itself, for that matter?

5. kttch809

kttch809 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    The R5 isn't the droid in question. In the scene where Bossk discovers the droid in The Mandalorian Armor, it's described as "featureless"; "almost cubical"; and almost as tall as Bossk. Bossk recognizes it as the type of droid that was used "as a shielded container for transporting quantities of lethal fissionable materials" that had been used in engineering facilities and shipyards. (page 358).

On topic - Tales from the Empire - I could not find Boba Fett anywhere between the two covers of that book. True, Thrawn impersonates Jodo Kast, but by including a Firespray-class patrol ship on the cover, I think it's implying that it is Boba Fett on the cover. Come to think of it, there are no Firespray-class patrol ships in the book as well. Perhaps I'm just supposed to interpret the cover as this: Thrawn impersonates Jodo Kast, who wears the same kind of armor as Boba Fett. Meanwhile, half a galaxy away, Boba Fett travels through space in Slave I, unaware of this fact.

6. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, the primary reason they make SW books is for the money.

Fashion aside, sometimes high-tech stuff looks the same as normal stuff, especially with armor. Modern kevlar helmets look about the same as WWII-era steel pots. The same thing happens with RC Katarn-class armor; they keep getting upgrades, but there aren't any visible changes.

Misleading covers...

I guess Triple Zero, since Delta Squad isn't hugely prominent in the book. But you can't really blame them for putting the most well-known characters on the cover. The same could be said of Dark Lord, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, and Medstar.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>The R5 isn't the droid in question. In the scene where Bossk discovers the droid in The Mandalorian Armor, it's described as "featureless"; "almost cubical"; and almost as tall as Bossk. Bossk recognizes it as the type of droid that was used "as a shielded container for transporting quantities of lethal fissionable materials" that had been used in engineering facilities and shipyards. (page 358). <<<

That description almost exactly describes a droid that Jix uses to sneak onto a planet in Shadow Stalker... [face_thinking]

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How about every book cover ever? :p

Well, some of the older ones were a little better. RS and SotE were pretty good.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [John Connor]Uh, all of 'em, I think...[/John Connor]

10. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004

"All the other kids were into Nintendo..."

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    No one's mentioned Ruin??

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand since I don't think Wedge flew an X-wing in Rebel Dream and the whole Han/Leia on some Vong world like that doesn't ring any bells...

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think we Americans use "spit" as present and past tense.

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I deny the topic absolutley fascinates me in any Clawdite form, but why?

15. DoranNu

DoranNu Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    Medstar I: Battle Surgeons: It HAS been a while since I've read it, but when did Barriss cut a SBD nearly in half in that book?
    Jedi Trial: Not to mention being a terrible book, but putting Asajj Ventress on the cover as if she's physically in it is appalling.
    The Truce at Bakura: Luke stopped looking like that after Hoth, ALRIGHT?
    Dark Force Rising: Hee hee, Thrawn has a blaster. Lookit!
    The Last Command: I cannot imagine Mara Jade with that hideous hairstyle and terrible choice of clothes...
    X-wing: Isard's Revenge: Wasn't that battle over so quickly that the kind of shot accomplished here was impossible (I may be wrong on this).
    X-wing: Starfighters of Adumar: The Rogues blasted their way out of the rear of a hangar, I think... not the front door.
    All three Corellian Trilogy books: The Big Three seem to have found some anti-aging cream or something.
    Vector Prime: Luke's(?) receding hairline.
    Traitor: Jacen was picked hairless at the beginning.
    Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen: So... why did Leia go back to an old, should-be-long-forgotten wardrobe?
    Dark Nest III: The Swarm War: Luke doesn't use Force lightning at any time in the book.

All this means that Betrayal better have Jacen with that exact look on his face...

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL

17. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    True re: Traitor. That threw me for a loop. I was all, like, whoa, his hair grows fast. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.