List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Juice Jedi Padawan

No profanity, please.

Okay, here are a few of mine.

1. Obi-Wan on that ridiculous giant Hela Monster. Where the hell did that thing come from and why did he need to ride it? It sounded fake as hell too. 2. Darth Vader's "Noooooooooooo!" sent a rush of blood straight to my face, from embarrassment. 3. Surfing lava. Getting within 10 feet of lava can kill a person. Obi-Wan finishes his battle unscathed and hops aboard the ship without a BEAD OF SWEAT on his brow! What happened to making Star Wars a functional looking universe? Nonsense. 4. On the Wookiee planet, there was absolutely no reference to Chewie's father, "Itchy," who was one of many stars from the X-mas special. Whassup with that? No love for Itchy? 5. No Bill Murray cameo. Sin. 6. OK, getting serious again. They should have shown us that Greivous was part organic early on. For the fist act, I was cursing Lucas for thinking we were dumb enough to believe a cyborg had a cough. 7. Editing in general: Lucas needs a sedative. Thank god he wasn't all-powerful in the 70's. The original trilogy would have blown if not for the checks and balances of a producer, artistic overseers and the studio. Not kidding. Sith had its volume at 11 the whole time (except with the boring Anakin/Padme tripe scenes). 8. The Writing: in general. Phantom Penis was one of the biggest disappointments of my filmgoing life. But at least Menace had some sense of dramatic balance. At the end, Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's well-choreographed fight juxtaposed with Padme sneaking across a pristine hanger, held up by John Williams' amazing piano-to-forte score, gave some ebb and flow. In Sith, it's one light saber battle to the next light saber battle. No quiet drama. Surfing on lava. I'm sorry, even if it's technically hovering, I still can't get over how cheesy that is. And it looked like EDITED. It looked JUST like the worst blue screen technology from the 70's that Lucas scorns now. And you know what? Even if it is better, I (and you) still don't believe they're in that place physically, so what does it matter? 9. That shot when what appeared to be a Fett clone of sorts puts on his helmet. The previous shot had his head hovering on the animated body. It looked about as realistic as Land of the Lost. That was just a shameful effects attempt. Really hideous. 10. Jimmy Smits. What the rice crispies is he doing in Star Wars? 11. The score was a REHASH of all the old scores, which makes no sense, since it's only the 3rd in the series. Any new music was UNRECOGNIZABLE, which is outrageous. But no one can blame Williams, because Lucas didn't give him ONE BLEEDING MOMENT to put a theme to. Only the last shot with the familiar theme made me think back with wistful reverence at a time when there were rice crispiesing LIMITS and SIMPLICITY! 12. Hayden. I'm sorry, the kid is not Anakin and he is not Vader. Vader does not exist until Ep. 4. The line of gay Asians in front of me certainly liked his chest though. He has filled out nicely. 13. Natalie. Not her fault. Padme is a non character. 14. Mace Windu. Samuel L. Motherrice crispiesin' Jackson. How is it possible to have one of the most charismatic men in the world seem like cardboard? Who the rice crispies is Mace Windu? I couldn't tell you? And neither could anyone else, because he's faceless. He has no connection to anything. 15. 100% CGI Yoda, again. Liked some of it. Sure. But it's a joke now. He might as well be in that Diet Pepsi commercial forever. 16. Jackie Chan R2D2. Since when can R2 leap out of a ship? What, 20 years from now they have to lower him with a crane so what does that mean? Is it old age? Since when does he have rockets on his arms? Was he holding back in the original trilogy? the desire to make everything EXTREME like a Dew commercial makes me nauseous. Flashier isn't better. 17. Vader assembled like a Bionicle figure. Wasn't it cool when you thought Vader had become what he is over time? Through many battles, he slow
  2. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    A bunch scenes too short/rushed
  3. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5

"They should have shown us that Greivous was part organic early on."

Umm, you couldn't tell by his eyes?
  4. marlboro316 Jedi Knight

Frankenvader's 'nooooooo!!!'. just cringeworthy. everything else great.
  5. Sedious Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the Temple raid, but I thnk that they could have showed Anakin wlking all the way into the Jedi Temple & cut down a Jedi or two before the Youngling (implied) slaughter. They could have showed Anakiun killing a Jedi or two the same way as they showed him killing the Tusken Raiders.

But other than that it is perfect. :D :D

EDIT:

Frankenvader's 'nooooooo!!!'. just cringeworthy. everything else great.

Oh yeah, that wasnt what I was expecting either .. I was expecting it to be alot more powerfull, the same goes for Vaders forcerage in the same scene. But like I said, other than those things it is perfect. :D :D
  6. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Space Battle could have been longer (I guess we will get it on DVD) and maybe some more scenes on Kashyyyk, because I think the location of the battle looked intersting.

IMO it was too short ;) Those 140 minutes passed like 30... :(
  7. Jimbo2183 Jedi Knight

star 1
    R2D2 being suped up so much that he could face the Terminator easilly.
  8. SnakeCharmer Jedi Knight

star 1
    The No has it for sure. Terrible.

Also got to hate Obi "Superman" Kenobi when he was about to confront Anakin. What was up with that stance?

Also must say there where a few moments that felt completely left out.
  9. DarthShadus Jedi Padawan

I guess you cannot appreciate that assembling Vader when a children are born is symbolic. Also this is the last star wars so the score should have some nostalgia. Yes the movie moved mainly from fight to fight but the last half of the movie was put together lots better. If you have some many complaints many of which were known coming into the movie why did you bother to see the movie?
  10. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Grevous died too quickly. His character was about to arc when he died. Just one more scene with him would have been perfect.

Other than a few Portman delivered lines, thats about it. I loved Obi Wan and the Boga and Vaders "Noooo" cracked me up for the second time tonight. I wouldnt change it for the world.

I didnt like film. Cuz after seeing it in digital Monday, the film looked like a fuzzy mess. I know why George wants digital theatres now. Danm.
  11. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4

Greivous. For anyone who hadn't seen CW there'd be a bit of confusion in who the hell is this Haitian accented cyborg guy and why wasn't he in ATOC or TPM?

IMO IT would have been better to just have one Sith Appentice/Second in command guy throughout the whole PT.

Either Darth Maul or Dooku. They were both good. Grivious IMO was overdone and silly.
  12. LUH-3417 Force Ghost

star 4
    i havent seen it yet, but i know i will like it.
    why?
    because i loved aotc, anh, esb, and rotj's heavier moments, as well as the meaningful moments in TPM. (character interaction, non cgi sets, things like that)

I have to say though, that Jedi JUice summed what i have been trying to say for many years here:

"the desire to make everything EXTREME like a Dew commercial makes me nauseous. Flashier isn't better. "

so i cant wait to see it many times and enjoy it, but perhaps some creative reign or differencee of opinion is what makes all artists better.
  13. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    The quibbles I have are very minor and picky, let me just say first that this the best movie experience I have ever had.
    Ok, quibbles: Some of the wipes between scenes seemed out of place.
    There was quite a lot of re-used TPM music again, not as stand out as in AOTC, but still noticable. Especially when the ship crash-lands.
    No Qui-Gon dialouge.
  14. DJDarthVader05 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Only 3 minor complaints.. (nothing major)

1-Every single scene seemed rushed. It was like 30 secs and boom, another scene.

2- They cut out Anakin's dialogue in a few scenes.. Like when he killed the separtist on Mustafar. That would have been sweet to see..

3- No Qui Gonn... disappointing

15. marlboro316 Jedi Knight

lol SnakeCharmer - completely forgot about 'superman' kenobi at the end, that was hilarious! in 100% agreement with you.
  16. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    >1-Every single scene seemed rushed. It was like 30 secs and boom, another scene. <

Yup, TOP complaint so far!!! :(
  17. Darth_Reign Force Ghost

star 4

"2- They cut out Anakin's dialogue in a few scenes.. Like when he killed the separtist on Mustafar. That would have been sweet to see.. "

I breathed a sigh of relief when they cut out the Pun's/dialougue from that scene.

It would have ruined it. Silence was far more effective than some badly written Schwarzennegeresque on liners.
  18. Darth_Insanity Jedi Youngling

star 2
    1.Coloured CGI CloneTroopers - they look utterly appalling.Why, for God's sakes?

2.McDiarmid's acting just after the Mace duel was very poor.

Other than that, brilliant stuff.
  19. lefty2u Jedi Padawan

As a whole I loved the film, but a few things did bother me.

1) After reading LOE I thought GG was not portrayed strong enough in the film.

2) I wish Anakin would have really hunted down and destroyed the Jedi as was said ANH, in reality it was the emporer who destroyed the Jedi, I know Anakin led the raid on the temple but I would have loved to seen Anakin actually hunt down what Jedi were not on Corsucant.

3) I liked JW Titus novel better :)

But I am nitpicking and will be going to see the movie again this weekend, and think I will like it even better the second time around :)
  20. rancor_ismydad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Most of it was a pile of crap. The action is the worst action in all of the SW films. Its just chaotic with no storytelling. Its more or less like watching someone else playing a computer game. The Vader NOOOO was the final proof that GL is the crapest film director to ever walk the planet. How in Gods name did he not watch that scene in the edit and realise that it needed urgent work?

Worst SW film EVER!
  21. zephyrr Jedi Knight

star 1
    1. The jedi purge wasnt portrayed as widespread as I imagined it to be.
    2. Obiwan's annoying bird/dog pet
    3. Anti-climax reaction of Vader to news of Padme's death
    4. Mace Windu's undignified death
  22. Twilek_Moi Jedi Knight

star 1
    It must be me, but I loved the NOOO :p

Anyway, I absolutely, completely hated the comical appearances of all the Battle Droids and Superdroids. Why on earth did they give them such funny voices all of the sudden :S Not to mention their 'funny lines', totally destroyed the opening scenes IMO
    And another thing that I minded was that Yoda tells Obi he will learn him a way to contact Qui-Gon, but then the movie doesn't show how! That was so frustrating. For the rest, I loved it all!
  23. Darth_Insanity Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "Most of it was a pile of crap. The action is the worst action in all of the SW films. Its just chaotic with no storytelling. Its more or less like watching someone else playing a computer game. The Vader NOOOO was the final proof that GL is the crapest film director to ever walk the planet. How in Gods name did he not watch that scene in the edit and realise that it needed urgent work?

Worst SW film EVER! "

Awwww....does someone need a hug?
  24. LUH-3417 Force Ghost

star 4
    if you hate it that much, i dont think there was a chance in hell that you would have liked it no matter what it was.

some people like me dont care for animated humans and colored clone troopers but i dont think that gl could have pleased you in any way dude.
  25. SnakeCharmer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Also have to get this off my chest.

The "turn" scene with Mace, Anakin, and Sids. Did everyone just forget how to act here? Granted Hayden was ok, but the other two looked like they where in a first grade play. Ugly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.