main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonder_alice

wonder_alice Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Not necessarily in order...

1- the Nooooooo.... could've been a cry of despair and rage and hurt instead without actually saying a word. like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH could've been better. Anyone agree

2- Padme brushing her hair. WT*?????

3- Grievous and Dooku dying too fast

4- Grievous being a friggin disappointment

5- Padme dying in childbirth... she could have survived a year or so...anyway long enough for Leia to remember her. but whatever that's another post

6- Not enough Chewie

And finally not enough slash lovin' between Anakin and Obi-Wan (oops! that's the fanfiction lover in me speaking...)

2. Seanywan

Seanywan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Going to see it a second time later today, but the one thing that stuck out the most was during the duel. Watch as Anakin chokes Obi-Wan. First Obi-Wan is holding his lightsaber, then Anakin's, the his own.

Lucas loves to edit the crap out of his films, but for God's sake, pay attention to continuity! It's almost like Lucas has OCD when it comes to editing.

Cheers!

3. wonder_alice

May 19, 2005
    I had forgotten: No Qui-Gon was also a major disappointment. When they mentionned his name I was superexcited... Argh! Lucas is such a tease!

4. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    The Mace Windu death scene made me cringe, and Ian's acting from that point on was just way over the top silly.

5. DJDarthVader05

DJDarthVader05 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Oh one thing..

R2D2 was awesome....

C3PO was invisible...
    That was a bit shocking

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2004
    The editing of the lightsaber/choke scene did suck.

What i got from it was Anakin was some how disarmed and decided to grapple with Obi-Wan. To the point of using his own lightsaber on him, showing just because he had the weapon didn't mean he had the advantage. But of course they for some reason kept a shot of Anakin's saber in.

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >2- Padme brushing her hair. WT*?????
    <

Why is that bad?

it makes Star Wars MORE realistic!

Would you rather have Droids comb her hair for her?

8. SnakeCharmer

May 9, 2004
    Actually liked the scene. Anakin watching her was kind of cool. Close as you get to a "Foxy Lady" moment in the PT.

9. Lord_Bowen

Lord_Bowen Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    First let me just say that I loved this movie and the very few things that I didn't like or bothered me didn't reduce the movie at all for me.

These aren't necessarily in order either. 1.Padme does seem much different than she did in the EP 1 & 2.She seemed like the damsel in distress type in this movie. 3.Yeah, Obi-Wan's fighting stance did look a little hokey to me. 4.Anakin's pivotal turn to the Dark Side. It seemed much too easy. There should have been something more to turn him; that said, I guess you could look at it like this. Palpatine did pretty much threaten Anakin by basically saying that Padme would die unless he turned to the DS.

5. and this one bugged me the most. It really bothered me that Obi-Wan just left Anakin burning like that. He should have either A, tried to help him, or B, should have put him out of his misery then to just let him suffer. Yeah I know Anakin deserved what he got but from Obi-Wan's point of view, he meant more to him that anyone else did so why would he just walk away like that? All George had to do was to bring the Emperor's ship to Mustafar sooner and firing on Obi-Wan, thereby keeping him from trying to help Anakin. 5. lastly is the Nooooooo from Vader. It sounded rehearsed and flat.

So having said all of that, EP III is a masterpiece IMO!

10. TheUnchosenOne

TheUnchosenOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    1. No Qui-Gon Jinn, not even a voice.

2. Chewie's role was basically a glorified cameo, if that.

3. I just couldn't believe Anakin's turn. I still can't. He kills children because he wants his children to live? Really?

4. This one is my fault: I went in far too spoiled. Terrible mistake. Only one line surprised me.

I'm hoping I like it better on the second viewing.

11. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Wow. I don't know if this is a thread for people who like Star Wars or not but I liked the movie. I don't think you could expect things like the "noooo" to be too fantastic. I mean hell, it's almost a good thing a lot of the acting isn't solid. It kind of makes Mark Hammil look decent don't ya think?

There's nothing I didn't like about the movie. I'm sure the re-releases or DVDs will have a lot of the missing effects and fights added in. Seeing Palpatine fight four Jedi for at least a minute would be cool as opposed to taking three out right away but I'm sure we'll get to see it one day. No worries.

12. Jimbo2183

Jimbo2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    The quickness in which Padme names her kids was rather pants I thought too.

I would have liked to have seen a scene in which Anakin and Padme discuss babies names to have made it more personal.

13. zephyrr

zephyrr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Agreed, Jimbo. Padme's in the middle of childbirth and it simply amazes me how she can think up of names for her kids just like that.

14. wonder_alice

May 19, 2005
    to me, the "brushing her hair" scene as a whole was just awful cheese. the only ani/padme scene I didn't like in this movie mind you. a far improvement from AOTC. *coughs*that's easy enough*coughs*

and she wasn't even brushing her hair really, she was more rubbing the brush against it... Anyway... I thought it was bad.

15. SnakeCharmer

May 9, 2004
    I was waiting for a "Anakin and i picked out the name thing" but it never came.

16. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    I must confess - I found the Vader yelling "Nooooo!!!!!" scene just after Palps tells him that he killed Padme to be not so convincing, and a little cheesy...

:)

17. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    I am really mad that we didn't see how Chewie learned how to yell like Tarzan (as in ROTJ).

18. wonder_alice

May 19, 2005
    As for the names... she probably had thought of that earlier... Not knowing if it was a boy or a girl, she must have picked two names - one for each sex. Realizing she had a boy and a girl, she just named them with the two names she's been thinking of.

Which brings me to the following pointless question: What if the twins would have been two boys? Would we have had Luke and Leo?

Ok, I'm going to sleep now...

19. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Agreed, Jimbo. Padme's in the middle of childbirth and it simply amazes me how she can think up of names for her kids just like that.

Good lord, people. It's a space fantasy, not ER or "A Baby Story" on TLC.

20. sith-22

sith-22 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I didnt like that Ki-Adi Mundi got all of the dialoge. No Plo Koon, No Kit Fisto.

I didnt like how Palps never said that the legend was true and he killed his master.

Kit Fisto wasnt decapitated and his head wasnt on the chancellor's desk.

Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOO". I felt like hiding my face in shame.

Ki-Adi Mundi went down with a fight, why couldnt Plo Koon.

Couldnt see Vader Purge the temple.

Jar Jar Binks got a line in the movie.

21. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Heh, I doubt any Mods really read the first post.

22. Darth-Mule

Darth-Mule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I should probably stay out of threads like this until after I see the movie. I am beginning to get very angry... :mad:

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >Agreed, Jimbo. Padme's in the middle of childbirth and it simply amazes me how she can think up of names for her kids just like that.
    <

I believe Anakin & Padme named their kid together, I could be wrong.

I think it was CUT :(

24. mmayers

mmayers Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Jedi_Juice,

It seems to me that the reason Leia said she remembers images of her mother is because (until Luke told her that she was his sister) she had no idea that she was adopted and thought the Organas were her real parents.

But, that's just me.

I had a few problems with the movie, but nothing that made me hate it. I think the ability to tell a story with little dialog is a great acheivement and this movie certainly did that in a few places. It took me back to 2001: A Space Odyssey. There was almost NO dialog in that movie. I did think the acting could be a little better, but again, no big deal. I thought that I would be incredibly disappointed because I got myself all hyped up for this movie, but I walked away from the theatre (at 3 AM) quite impressed. I have never experienced the suspense in any other Episode of SW like i did with this film.

For those of you complaining about the love story... This was a LARGE part of the story. The very reason Anakin wanted to become sith was because of his love for Padme. (fear and passion are the ways of the dark side, are they not) Some people also argued even though Sith are selfish, Anakin did what he did for Padme. However, the truth is that he did it so HE wouldn't lose Padme because HE couldn't live without her. It was really just selfishness in disguise.

Final Note: I don't know who it was eariler that said GL is the worst movie director ever, but I don't think they've seen a very wide range of movies. I understand that the quality of a movie isn't based soley on the director, but I have seen some movies that could have been directed better by a 3-year-old. Go to you nearest video store and rent a bunch of movies covered in dust that you've never heard of before and you'll understand what I'm talking about.... or you could go watch the Species movies. They blew.

Final Final Note: I'm glad they didn't over-sexify Natalie Portman like they did to Carrie Fisher when she wore her golden bakini for Jabba. Natalie has that innocent "girl-next-door" aura about her... which is the very reason I find her so attractive. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing her wearing very little, completely topless, etc.... I would just feel dirty about it. :)

WT*? I never write posts that long in forums. What the hell is wrong w/ me?

25. Twilek_Moi

Twilek_Moi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    "Jar Jar Binks got a line in the movie."

Woah, must've missed that one...he spoke?
    I was happy to see Boss Nass at the funeral paradem by the way (fab scene)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.