List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthblav Jedi Padawan

Overall, I wished it was not spelled out to us. I think alot of the topics were always implied and understood, but after seeing peoples comments and feelings, I guess what I disliked and people enjoyed was that everything was spelled out and no imagination is left.

2. SKYWALKIN-BASTARD Jedi Padawan

Umm, because we love Star Wars, grew up on it. And if you saw what was cut from the film you'd probably be singin' a different toon. The real question is, If you don't like the topic, why on earth are you in this forum anyway? As I said in my previous post, play the video game and you will see the deleted scenes that when you see them, you will realize would have made the movie alot better and make more sense. I love Star Wars, the first one came out when I was five. I just have problems with Lucas' inability to write a good script (he does the story fine) but as we saw in Empire Strikes Back, having a different writer "Lawrence Kasdan" made that movies lines very memorable. Anyway, if you don't like the topic, leave this thread. Not saying it rudely, but why complain when you already knew what the thread would entail.
  3. SithMacqdor Jedi Knight

star 2
    There b-tching because for a year or so they read spoilers and tid bits. The whining like babies because so much of the book was left out and etc.

but they dont understand movie making and the dont understand the OT and the Pre equals.

To an average movie goer taking his wife, girlfriend and children to see these movie, this movie was good.

Hell most of the critics like it and gave a B to A- rating.

So kee crying people what u liked about SW. loved it to death and I also know it was not perfect. But it satisfied me on so many important levels. Thatsa ll

You became a victim of the "Spoiler Wars"

get over it.

Ask a person who saw the movie spoiler free, not a zealot fan and see what they say about ROTS.<<They Luv it>>>>

There the one's that counts. Not you, not anymore.

GL never told u to download snippets of his film prior to release bu u did any way. U wanted to truth before release date, and now you're upset. He never promised u QuiGon would be in the movie. U promosed yourself he would.

its your mistake no GL's

4. Ben-GaSovan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude, what was up with that little jedi kid that was waxin clones when he ran out of the temple. They should of had that kid on the jedi counsel, he put up more of a fight that some of the masters.

*Not a point that I didn't like, I actually thought it was sick.
  5. Zenek Jedi Knight

star 2
    I JUST got back from the theatere, and I've got to say how freaking awesome it was!

BUT one and only problem...The Mon Calamari Ballet.

Gez, I had to have been the only one in the theatere who knew what the heck that we were looking at! And that's only because I flipped through the ROTS Visual Dictionary I got for my B-DAY! And I still couldn't SEE any of the "Fish Alien Ballet"...Ah well, my guest was confused as a squirel in a drier on tumble, and General Grevious kicked SO much arse! Where can I get a bike like THAT?

-Zenek
  6. King-Blargh Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Nemoidian captains voice, and the battle droids banter, "Excuse me." "You're welcome." type stuff are the only things that I didn't like.
  7. SKYWALKIN-BASTARD Jedi Padawan

Whatever, its not about spoilers for me, unless you count the video game. In that sense it kind of is, but the scenes that they show in the game (directly from film footage, just makes you wish they'd left it, that is all I am saying. I did like the movie, the spoilers did not kill it for me, just all the scenes they cut out would have added so much to the story and given more action. They were cut for no other reason than time 2hrs 20 mins.. Because G.L. is anal about that aspect of his films and does not think that we "the fans" can sit still for any longer. When you delete pertinent story from a film for the sake of nothing other than time it takes away from that film. EX. other than Yoda mentioning it, did you have any idea of who and why the homing beacon was activated. If you didn't play the Video game you wouldn't. That is the first thing, from a cut scene Anakin asks after marching into the temple. In the scene Anakin asks the librarian from episode 2 (the one Obi Wan spoke with) where the homing beacon is, she says you don't have the authority to go there and lights her lightsaber only to be cut down by Anakin. Jedi from around the Library light there lightsabers and a massive battle ensues culminating with a duel between Anakin and his Lightsaber teacher. Or how about the Lightsaber battle that was cut between Mace and Anakin. What you saw was a cut directly to the end of the duel when the emperor lights Mace up. There was a whole lightsaber duel between them with interesting dialogue that was cut out. Or perhaps the lightsaber battle on the capital ship at the beginning of the movie where the ship turns upside down as Anakin and Obi Wan fight Grievous bodyguards who are standing magnetized to the floor, which is now the ceiling and Anakin and Obi Wan are standing on the glass which was the ceiling. These are the cuts I am talking about, not just minor ones but major scenes that would have added to the movie and to the story.

As I said, I did like the movie, it was just kind of cut together like they had GL standing over them saying, "Well, thats 2hrs. 28 mins. I said I wanted 2 hrs. and 20 minutes cut more, I don't care what you cut."
  8. Famsen Jedi Knight

The "she lost her will to live" line.
    What bull! Padme is supposed to be a very strong charactor and I believe she would have wanted to live to see her children and protect her children and if she truly believed there was still good in Anakin I think she would have wanted to do whatever she could to try and change him.

Lucas wimped out on Padme.
  9. Darth_Somebody Jedi Master

star 1
    okay, i'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that this thread is little more than a thinly-disguised basher's sanctuary. i'm not a mod, but i feel like this thread doesn't belong here. threads about "things that you didn't like about the movie" are fine, but honestly it seems to me like half the people posting here are bashers. anyway, just my opinion ;)
  10. darthxman Jedi Master

star 2
    LeeKenobi writes about (#13) Natalie. Not her fault. Padme is a non character.: "What you expecting, a 9-month-pregnant woman running around with a blaster in hand?"

Wait... are you trying to tell me that because she was pregnant she couldnt have been more pivotal to the story in some other way than "running around with a blaster in her hand?" Hello! Shes a senator! She couldve been... senating... somewhere! Maybe even starting the seeds of the rebellion that comes in the future. Not just combing her hair, or waiting with her mouth open for Hayden to finish his lines.

But its true, Its not Natalies fault. Watch "Closer" if you want to see her really perform.

p.s. The name of this thread is "list of things you DIDNT like..." so dont be surprised when people write down things THEY DIDNT LIKE! Hello! Its just differing opinions, not persoanl attacks. Chill. Lol!
  11. darthxman Jedi Master

star 2
    SithMcqdor writes: "A dark robe is waiting for some u, here it is try it on. Fits perfectly."

And yet its you who seems ANGRY, and you know where that leads...

The reasoning that people didnt like the movie because they were spoiled may have SOME validity, but very little actually. let me explain...

They couldnt have been spoiled about editing. No spoiler COULD give away that the editing would be bad. No spoiler COULD have given away that the movie would zoom by like a bullet train. No spoiler could have given away that the acting would be so bad when any trailer or downloaded scene just gives you a quick snipet of acting. No spoiler could give you the overall feeling of a 2 hour movie.

Also people like to say that the OT had a lot of the same critiques by bashers. Thats not completely accurate. When the OT came out we had never seen anything quite like the SW movies. But now 28 years later after having lots of movies of this type we all know better and we expect better.

And finally: Just because we mention the things we didnt like doesnt mean that we are not fans of SW. I may hate one or two movies out of the saga but I still love SW over all and I still thank Lucas for creating it in the first place. I just hink it could be better here and there. Whats wrong with that?

In my opinion: Drop TPM as Episode 2. AOTC should have been Episode 1, ROTS should have been Episode 2, and Episode 3 could have been an all new movie that finally answers all questions and ties up the saga without the need for rushing.
  12. zuzusupernova Jedi Padawan

Did anyone else notice the pointy tips to the lightsabers?where did that come from?Also the camo clone troops on kashyyyk,and obi's gay little stance before his duel with grievos and anakin.
  13. darthgator1217 Force Ghost

star 2
    1) having the need to piss like a race horse for the last 45 min of the movie.

14. Count_Nikki Jedi Knight

star 1
    1. That Padme died of a broken heart.
    2. That she named the twins.(Should have kept that a suprise)IMO

Thats about it. Comon folks. The movie was amazing.
  15. UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    grevious was not shown to be a cyborg to the audience... all my guests just chalked his eyes up to an overambitous lucas...

the movie was good overall but there were alot of scenes that made me cringe and feel embarressed for draging people to see.

those chainsaw droids!!!!!! WT*!!!
  16. 5551212 Jedi Knight

star 1
    THIS THREAD SUCKS!

The movie was fine, it had it's good points and it's lows just like Empire and all the others.

It's barely been twenty four hours and everyone's a filmmaker observationist all of a sudden. It's not Lawrence of Arabia, Gone With the Wind, or Shakespearian Pretentious for christ's sake - IT'S STAR WARS.

[face_laugh]
  17. Obi-Khan Jedi Padawan

Grevious coughing. WT* was that all about?

If you watched the Clone Wars cartoon (which I think is required viewing before watching Episode III), as Grievous is escaping with Palpatine, Mace Windu crushes his entire chest with a Force attack. I think this is what the coughing is from, although it is completely lost on anyone who didn't watch the cartoon (and probably even many who did).
  18. Obi-Khan Jedi Padawan

I agree with SithMacqdar. There is so much whining about this movie it is ridiculous. It was good. There were some cheesey parts, but the powerful and well-done parts FAR exceed them. I have not been able to stop thinking about some of the events of the movie since I saw it last night. Then again, I didn't ruin anything for myself by seeing spoilers or downloading the movie.

So many people are so jaded and have insane expectations for these movies, that I feel if Empire Strikes Back was released today they would hate that too...

Dude, what was up with that little jedi kid that was waxin clones when he ran out of the temple. They should of had that kid on the jedi counsel, he put up more of a fight that some of the masters.

The young one actually had time to prepare to fight back, unlike the Jedi Counsel who were caught completely by surprise and shot in the back at point blank range.
  19. LordNeo Force Ghost

star 5
    I dont have one complaint with ROTS :)
  20. Darth_Murderous Jedi Padawan

Vader's "NOOOOOO!" blek* it's goin to bother me forever i hope GL changes it in the DVD box set
  21. JediPraxeum Jedi Master

star 3
    **Dude, what was up with that little jedi kid that was waxin clones when he ran out of the temple. They should of had that kid on the jedi counsel, he put up more of a fight that some of the masters.**

I thought that might have been GL son Jett. Would be cool.
  22. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I have a few minutes before I head to viewing number 4 (Midnight, 12:30pm, 4:50pm and 10:10pm) today of the movie and wanted to put down some feelings so far.

Most of what disappointed me was omited dialogue I had read would be in the film. Little things like Cody's comment about "he couldn't have given the order BEFORE I gave him back his lightsaber?" and 3PO going on about how he can tell Leia all about her parents when she grew up and that being the catalyst for the memory erase. I would have liked to have seen Mon Montha and the Delegation of 2000 but agree it wasn't necessary. I was disappointed that there was no Qui Gon, the scene in which Yoda talks to Obi Wan at the end feels empty and forced, out of place without us even hearing QGJ's voice.

I loved Grievous, but felt he only needed to convey a few things: The sith had the power to "save" life by melding organic with machine and that he was essentially practice for what would become of Anakin, and Palps worked out the breathing issues Grievous had with the new Vader suit, adding to Vader's breathing's iconic stature. I don't think he needed a larger role in the film.

Ok what I didn't like...The Emperor's weird "No" just before he zapped Mace the first time. I expected much more from the scene where Mech Vader finds out that he killed Padme, that "no" didn't bother me as much as there wasn't enough destruction in the room. I think it needed more emotion. The fact that Vader had problems with his first few steps in the suit was fine, added to the tradjedy of his character.

Minor things really, I can't say any of these things took away from my enjoyment of the film enough to out and out bash it. I am satisfied with how Lucas and team chose to close out the saga. Time to run.
  23. SenatorTarkin Jedi Padawan

I haven't read any EU books so, I'm probably not so informed. I've deliberately avoided spoilers etc...

Someone above made a good point - 'you have to accept' this film. I sat in the Theatre and watch from Fox logos to credits without blinking {well you get what i mean}. If I had a clipboard with me I'd be going...

ok - hmmm.. palp tempts anakin to kill dooku - check..
    padme pregnant - check..
    palp further ingratiates to anakin - check...
    anakin mistrusts council - check... etc. etc etc.

GL does a fine job of running through his own check list of i's and t and crosses some i's and dots some t's but all in all he *just* about makes it from PT to OT.

When Yoda confronts the Sidious I'm sure he called him Master Dyas. Sure of it. And as Palps tells Anakin the legend of the Sith apprentice who learned all his masters skills including how to 'cheat death' and how to 'create life' before he killed his master do we assume [a] Palps was the apprentice - Palps was created from the force (as a sort of Anti-chosen-one)?
    Well as I said above - I haven't read any EU books and Im sure thats what Yoda said so I'm going with the idea that Palps was Dyas. He ordered clones. He cheated death. He went into exile. He may even have created Anakin thru the force. And poor old 'blinded' Yoda only realises all of this when its just TOO LATE... Well he is a CG Muppet you know.

I hope GL gets us a LOTR style 10 disk version of this one with all the bit everyone wants above and below...

I hope he reshoots some footage of Vader being Unmasked for ROTJ and puts poor old Dave Prowse back in the helmet, with prostetics etc. [don't you think he looks more like Haydn than that old midget?]

Oh yeah - Boba Fett ought to have featured somewhere dontcha think?

Natalie Portman's part was soo lamely scripted in this movie. In TPM she has all this Gumption. She has BALLS. In AOTC she handles a blaster with Fisher-esque aplombe. [sic] In ROTS shes like ... fa, la-la, la-la, la-laaa!... boo hoo hoo hoo! Plus she's a lousy actress.

Yeah, palps is dyas. he had order 66 programmed by the cloners. obvious :)

GL has apparently just found another check list. Its the same size as the Yellow pages. Not you local Yellow pages. ALL OF THEM.

Finally. To return to one of my long distant posts, from just after AOTC...
    STAR WARS FILMS ARE MADE FOR KIDS.

Saying that, ROTS is the most adult of ALL the films in many ways.
    Just cos you are over 30, don't forget throw your dummy [pacifier] out of the crib. Allow yourself to be satisfied. And buy a talking Vader Mug. Ramble Ramble.

[it was rushed. NOOOOOOO is the worst. Hadyn is more MDF than pure wood (bless him). Palps is like a pantomime villain [do they have those in the US? - if not think Jaffar in Disney's alladin] PT Super R2 sucks. Flying is bad. Leaping is worse. Droids with Pete and Dud type voices inspecting Jedi ships getting their asses burnt by R2 was funny tho. GG was a waste. CGI was only slightly better than AOTC. But CGI yoda best yet. Dialogue stinks. Duels stink - too many tight closeups with lots of strobing - you really don't see whats happening. Space battles - too much going on. TO many ships to many explosions - just a mess. Those droids trying to scrap Obi Wans ship? What kind of stupid weapon are they? Not explaining how obviously competent clone troops become useless door tripping over storm trooperS? Pointless Chewy cameo. Pointless Tarkin Cameo. Death Star well under way within... weeks/months but only finished 18 years later and secret all this time from the Rebels???? I bet Peter Jackson goes to see this and wets himself. Bored of critism now.]

I really enjoyed the film. Cheers George.
  24. the_other_side Jedi Knight

Darth Vader NOOOOOOO will bother me FOREVER. That was the one scene that I was waiting for, Darth Vader, in suit, James Earl Jones... massive dissapointment. I don't care what anyone says about that scene, if you liked it you just are trying to like it. The birth of the suit should have been way longer and way more violent and cool. It made me sad after a great movie, that scene was one of the last...
  25. SenatorTarkin Jedi Padawan

oh yeah and while he's reshooting for ROTJ, get a Qui Gon Ghost for the Ewok party.

And where was the Wookie party? I wanted a Wookie Party :(

Oh the suit. When I watched the OT DVDs and looked at THE PITIFUL EXTRAS DISK and watched the VADER suit doc with the Obi / Vader duel footage I was sooo excited...

That the suit that seemed to take MONTHS and MONTHS to get right ended up being used for about 5 mins of screen time and most of that being taken up with Frankenvader [thats soo good isn't it. cheers above..] well the props guys must be crying in their evian...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.