main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    1) As Anakin and Obi Wan battle Dooku's droids...Palpatine lets out a "Yeah!!" as Obi-Wan deftly slices up a droid. If his hands weren't bound...I'm sure he would have pumped his fist, too.

2) Lava surfing. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3) Hearing suited Vader say the words... "Where is Padme....is she alright?"

4) And of course. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Despite these setbacks and a few others I can't recall...I still enjoyed EIII.

2. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Anakin's nightmare scenes were akward.

When Palpatine yells "no, no" in the Mace confrontation, that was cheesy along with the scene where Padme is on the balcony brushing her hair.

Too bad Tion Meddon couldn't of played a bigger part. He had the potential of being an interesting character.

The opera scene with that watery spere was old school cgi (think: the Abyss). Ho-hum.

Some of the fx were too obvious and fake. The BEST fx are the ones you don't notice.

Some of the clones head looked way too Xbox-ish.

Boga wasn't all that compelling.

C3PO probably had his smallest role in this movie out of all the movies.

Apart from that, the movie was pretty great.

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    "What a wonderful thread you've discovered!"

I am one of the biggest cynics/pessimists, but really, if you were not moved by this film, then you've outgrown Star Wars. Find a new series of films, because ROTS was a fantastic film and there's really no point of nit-picking it to death right as it comes out.

It's really, as someone said, a thinly veiled basher's sanctuary. I mean, it's amazing! This film was a knock-out blow to the haters, but you look at the first page of the 3SA and you get the feeling that Star Wars fans hated this film!

And I love how this thread starts out with the most negative thing possible. I hate to lable, but have fun hating bashers.

4. yodabedoinit

yodabedoinit Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    I liked the movie. Like all of the PT's. Wasn't expecting Chariots of Fire or anything like that. But one thing I think I will say is the movie did feel a little rished. Hopefully they will give us an extended version on DVD similar to LOTR.

Honestly, if I had my way, it would have been cool if this movie really was the focus of the prequels and not the rest of the back story. They could have done flashbacks or something to tell us how Anakin and Padme met. But the first prequel could have been all about the clone wars, the second about palpy manipulating anakin and the wars coming close to an end with the pregnant padme, and the last movie basically with Anakin and Palpy going bezerk on the jedi in a much more evil and sinister way. So the thing I didn't like was not getting more of what I think was one of the top 2 or 3 out of the six.

5. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    The lava surfing was iffy.

The Nooo scene was funny but it didnt ruin anything for me.

No Boba Fett (Frown)

Now that i look back at it...the only thing that really bothered me was Padme's performance, but she didnt have much to work with either. Its just, she didnt seem like she was even trying anymore.

Yea, Boba Fett wasnt there but Lucas was at a loss for time i imagine. If he wasnt, it sure as hell seemed so the way a screen wipe would come up every two minutes lol.

I dunno...yea ROTS had some problems but its deserved the spot of being my favorite Star Wars film of all time. It had some low points but the high points of drama were stellar and appetizing to any true Star Wars fan i believe.

6. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    my biggest gripes (note: I LOVED this movie, and its OKAY to have gripes with it still!)

+ Grievous's voice AND his purpose. They should have made him more vicious...more...a threat. It was painfully obvious he was just there to give OB1 something to do you know? And his Ursula the Sea Witch voice got a LITTLE much

+ Padme. I LOVE that girl! And they turned her into a complete airhead. I felt like I was watching an episode of the OC when she was on screen. She was VERY fa-la-la-la!. They should have left in the rebellion scenes...it would have left something of the old Padme in there, since she totally disapeared from this movie. And she hardly payed any attention to her children at all except for taking some precious time to name them out of the blue, then she rolled over and died. FOR NO REASON. Even the whole 'broken heart' thing came off very vague to me.

+All the cut scenes and dialogue I was on the edge of my seat to see.
    - The delegation of 2000
    - Anakin's dialogue when he is killing the seperatists
    - Anakin and Padme discussing the gender of their baby
    - Ob1 and Padme's first visit
    - all the story line involving Boga

+ Vader's reaction to Padme's death. He doesnt destroy the whole room as we are told, he pops a couple of droids. And it seems he gets over it pretty quickly as well. Just merely having Vader drop to his knees while he was screaming would have done so much more...

+ the three Jedi masters went out like complete tools..there is no excuse for that.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE THOUGH! Gripes and fine, because my praise list is twice as long!

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I had a few, *MINOR* problems with the film. Overall, I enjoyed it very much and went back to theater to see it again for a 2nd time today.

My problems were with some of the wipes (6 sqared one). Made it look a bit like a Power Point presentation at times. And the "blinded by love" bit between Anakin and Padme towards the start of the film.

My only other problem was with not seeing or hearing from Qui Gon. When Yoda mentions it to Obi Wan at the end, it feels almost like an afterthought and casual viewers may need some kind of explanation that there was more to this than what we saw.

8. Dark_Lord_Maul

Dark_Lord_Maul Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Should have shown when Yoda goes into exile on Dagobah, and should have shown Vader kill all those little younglings in the council room.

9. ViridianForTheWin

ViridianForTheWin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    the one that stood out for me was when obiwan said i cant bear watching anymore of the security recordings.

Anakin's path to the dark side is not well explained or planned out well. he wants to save his wife but ends up killing her. he suddenly knows how to use dark dorces. without any training.

litteraly no scenes from kashyyk. i wanted more

i wasnted more individual jedi plots. and more heroic deaths.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I still can't get over the lack of a Qui-Gon voice/explanation as well as the throw away Wookie battle (if you can call barely a minute's worth of footage a battle scene.)

Oh well.

11. tuddlemo

tuddlemo Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hated it.

why?

No Clieg Lars.

12. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    About the only thing I hated was the Wookie making the Tarzan cry.

2- Padme brushing her hair. WT*?????

I guesse they needed her to do something with her hands, though I guess she could have been feeding a cgi bird in a cage or reading something. I did like Anakin watching her, like a very simple thing makes him happy. Anyway, I remember from TESB Lucas had Han and Chewie and anyone else working on the Falcon always using a blowtorch. He didn't know what to have the actors do to show they are working on the Falcon, so he thought them using a blow torch was an easy way to have them do something with their hands.

One funny thing, with Padme combing her hair. She should really have her hair pinned up someway. I mean, when me and a boyfriend are, um, kissing, (and other things ;)), my hair, if it's not pinned up, is always getting in his face and he is spitting my hair out of his mouth.

1) As Anakin and Obi Wan battle Dooku's droids...Palpatine lets out a "Yeah!!" as Obi-Wan deftly slices up a droid. If his hands weren't bound...I'm sure he would have pumped his fist, too.

I forgot about that. Yeah, that was kind of stupid.

13. gopher

gopher Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    These may have been said alreayd but here it goes....

Yoda and Obi-Wan learn how to become immortal and all that, but what about Anakin, how can he be there at the end of ROTJ? Plus couldnt they have had QuiGon there in some form, or show Yoda talking to him? Yoda was just keeping this to himself till the end?

Anakin killing Jedi, SHOW IT!!

14. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I loved this movie a lot! It's the best of the prequels hands down! :)

My only 2 gripes, the battle droid voices sounded like they had been sucking on helium. What the heck was with that? Did Ben Burt forget which setting to put them on? It totally bugged me whenever they talked.

When Vader exits the operating table, I have to side with the critics and say I too was waiting for Palpatine to shout" It's alive, it's alive!!!"

Other than that, it was awesome! Thank you GL for the wonderful story! :D

15. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    How Obi-Wan used, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

16. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    OK let me say these are not problems just i could of lived without the talkitive battle driods and the wannabe setnals thay torn into OB1s ship. that screams Matrix rip off.......at least to me.

but I had no probs with the movie and IMHO its second only to the other dark movie ESB!

17. pcosty75

pcosty75 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    definitely the padme situation. i mean, in AOTC, she was my favorite character by far, not just because she's incredibly gorgeous, especially in that ripped up, tight white thing at the end. she definitely did the best acting job in that movie, and i was expecting more of that in ROTS. but here, she didnt even use the same voice she had in PM or ATOC. she had a higher, airheady type voice, and the lines she had on mustafar just made me cringe. i was really expecting more out of natalie portman. oh well, shes still gorgeous.

18. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I have no complaints about this movie. I let George Lucas take me on a ride, not sit down and demand that he make what I wanted him to make.

Padme brushing her hair

What? Have you guys been within 50 feet of a woman before? They don't get nice hair by licking it!!!

Vader's Nooo!

Tell me how it could have been done better? NooOooo?

Vader's Force rage

If Lucas went any further, most of the bashers would have complained about it being too far fetched.

Lava surfing

Stop and think. If you have time enough to list all these complaints, you have time to think of answers to them. If you build a floating platform designed to float just above the lava, don't you think you might build a cooling shield onto it? Maybe that might be the blue glow around it? Anakin burnt up pretty fast afterwards once he neared the lava, as we saw.

On a side not, ever notice that the biggest complainers are the '05rs? Oh well, just like it was in '02, I know that in a year more than half of them will be gone. They go on to nit pick the next big movie so they can feel smart and intellectual.

19. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    A list of things I didn't like about ROTS? Virtually nothing, although there were a few things that I thought could've been done better.

1) I thought Yoda was too limber when he was crawling through the little tunnel. But I'm not sure how else it would've been done.

2) Leia's ability to remember her REAL mother not fully addressed. I think it was somewhat implied in the film, but I don't think it was implied enough. I personally think that children in the direct line of the Chosen One could perhaps have premonitions about the future prior to their birth.

3) No real mention of starting the Rebellion. The Clonetroopers said, "There's been a Rebellion," but I think that's talking more about the Jedi. But perhaps that influenced others to follow in their footsteps.

4) Palaptines, "No. NO! YOU SHALL DIE!" Why did he sound so Emperor-ish prior to his disfiguration?

Really, that's about it, but I think that they were handled adequately enough. Just maybe not to the extent I would've liked.

The things that were typically complained about I had no problem with. I loved Vader's "NOOOO!" I loved how he wasn't used to walking on mechanical legs at first. Great homage to Frankenstein (I love the old Univeral Monster classics). I thought the dialogue between Anakin and Padme was 100% perfect. Didn't seem wooden at all.

And I didn't think Anakin's transformation happened fast at all. Think about it. Palpatine's been mentoring Anakin for 13 years. He's been slowly manipulating his way into his life just like he does everything else in the Republic. Plus, Anakin's was separated from his mother for 10 years and the next time he sees her she dies in his arms.

Not only that, but the Jedi always underestimated Anakin's abilities, despite the fact that he was the Chosen One. That IS insulting, and outright belittling towards Anakin.

"The Chancellor suggests I go to Utapau."

"No, we think Obi-Wan should go, someone more experienced." (paraphrasing, of course)

"Your on this councel, but we do not grant you the rank of Master." "Take a seat, Anakin!"

And of course Palpatine's lies about saving Padme. Whether it was a lie or not, Anakin learned to trust Palpatine over the years. Why not believe him now? And when Palpatine says the Jedi have betrayed the Republic, well it appears like they did! At this point Anakin has no apparent reason to follow the Jedi anymore. They've done nothing but insult him since day one, and it appears that they're the evil ones. Lastly, I didn't feel Anakin completely stepped over to the darkside until the very end when the Emperor lies about Anakin killing her in his anger. Before that I could still see him not enjoying all the slaughtering. If you notice in the OT Vader seems to enjoy being dark much more. Anakin's transformation was done perfectly and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Overall, this is the best Star Wars film ever. I've seen it three times and each time it got better. Never has that happened for me with these films. There will always be something to be said about the classic trilogy, but honestly I've never been more emotionally involved in a Star Wars film like I have for ROTS. This topped them all. I think this film was the least flawed of them all.

20. BlutEngel

BlutEngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    How in Gods name did he not watch that scene in the edit and realise that it needed urgent work?

haha that's pretty funny because I find myself thinking the same thing. Like, I try to picture Lucas sitting there and thinking "Yeah that's pretty good."

It just doesn't makes sense LOL.

21. BlutEngel

BlutEngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    the Nooooooo.... could've been a cry of despair and rage and hurt instead without actually saying a word. like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH could've been better. Anyone agree

This is what I thought it WAS supposed to be! When I heard it was a "No" I was pretty damn p*ssed off.

22. Larmo

Larmo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Bail says "Probi-Wan" during near the end of the film.

23. Jediknight_Wendy

Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    i personally love this movie..it went above and beyond my expectations even with being spoiled the only things i didnt care for was the amount of humor with R2 in the opening scenes..and the fact that at least in some scenes it was uttlery quiet there wasnt any music going on..i love the score i own it and what not it's just it hardly seem to come out in full force until the ending

24. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oh, another thing I didn't like was it didn't seem like anyone cleaned up Anakin when they put the Vader suit on him. He still had his pants on that burned on him. Or at least let him heal...since there were no tubes connected to him, I don't think anything was helping him breath before the helmet was attached to him.

25. Red5Leader1975

Red5Leader1975 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    All the things R2D2 could do now and not before or after (no CG on R2D2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.