List of things you didn't like about ROTS

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Juice, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    newbies - most of you, based on some of these posts, have missed concepts, metaphors, intentions, the entire storyline, the philosophical merging of campbell and lucas. some of you complain about grievious cough w/o any knowledge or familiarity of what came before. can't respect those opinions because there's a huge gap in knowledge of star wars
  2. Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost

star 4
    All this venom for "newbies" coming from someone who registered in '04.
  3. qui-gon-kim Jedi Master

star 4
    Things I didn't like about ROTS:

The blue vs blue duel. It should have been red vs blue. Now Luke's saber is tainted with the blood of countless innocents.

No Luke and Leia theme from ROTJ

Qui-Gon's voice is missing

A little more Dooku would have been nice.
  4. Sidious_T Jedi Master

star 4
    "newbies - most of you, based on some of these posts, have missed concepts, metaphors, intentions, the entire storyline, the philosophical merging of campbell and lucas. some of you complain about grievious cough w/o any knowledge or familiarity of what came before. can't respect those opinions because there's a huge gap in knowledge of star wars "

Because your a gusher,and feel Lucas can do no wrong, you have that attitude. Allow others who don't feel as you do, who talk about legitimate movie flaws and give honest opinions, the courtesy to do so without bashing them.
  5. Ashandarei Force Ghost

star 4
    First of all, I don't like it, and I haven't watched it again. I saw ROTS a total of once, and I'm fairly glad that I haven't had to watch it anymore.

Second, it's quite easy not to like it. As I've explained, the mere premise of it is stupid; having the high ground does not mean that you will win the fight. If Anakin is STUPID and leaves himself utterly open, then yes, it does; but has Anakin does so at any other point during this duel? Why should he do so now?

Saying "It's over, I've got the high ground" is merely an invitation to be proven wrong. It sounds arrogant and idiotic; like something coming from someone who has never been in a real fight before. The fact that Kenobi says this ruins his character; the fact that it's proven right makes the entire fight moronic.
  6. Asudai_Cordana Jedi Padawan

Wrong with ROTS? Nothings wrong with ROTS!
  7. MANDALORIAN Jedi Master

star 4

^^ that is a very silly thing to say.

8. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Is there any way we can voice dissenting opinions without tearing at each other's throats? I'd hate to be forced to close yet another thread.

RoG
  9. Greedo_forever Jedi Knight

star 3
    I find it interesting to learn of other people's opinions of this film.

Speaking as someone who actually liked this film a lot, I am honestly surprised at SOME of the venom people feel towards it. Constructive criticism aside, I find that some people *HATE* this film, and find that the fans who don't hate it are ignorant and shallow.

That's too bad. Stick with the OT, I guess.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna have fun watching the entire saga, because I haven't lost ALL of my childhood yet, cynicism or not.
  10. RogueTrader Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread basically sums up why I can't stand Star Wars "fandom" anymore.
  11. Obilieveinme Jedi Master

star 4
  12. SPARKSIII Jedi Knight

star 1
    1. The giant lizard Obi-wan rides on is hella cool!!
    2. Not showing A. Skywalker in scenes killing his own jedi compatriots.
    3. Not showing a (suited) Lord Darth Vader slaying former jedi compatriots. (Integral)
    4. Other Jedi not having dialogue and screen time. (Its the last film!)
    5. That it wasn't 6 hours long! Ha. Ha.

13. SPARKSIII Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am fairly new to being up on message boards like this, for example, and am amazed at the variety of opinions from so many others ranging from utterly moronic, rabid, dumb, to genuine, sincere thought sharing to those who act like they know what there saying and making it seem like they got the straight facts, and others who make comments that don't seem to mean anything or constantly quoting from some old ass films or books or poets or making references that others may shrug their shoulders, scratch their heads and bypass. Let alone the posturing and authoritative mannerisms gets tedious.
  14. pl_renoch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Comment on previous post: I don't have a problem w/ people not liking the movie as long as they give a reason why. And though I find it interesting to see other people's opinions I am a little perplexed that someone who didn't like the movie at all is spending time on this forum...unless he is just trying to stir things up!

Comment on Question:
    I have seen a lot of excuses now for the "higher ground" scene. And though I am easily swayed with a good argument, it is yet to happen. And I WANT IT TO in this case b/c I loved the movie and this is one of the irritating facts about the story now. You can not(should not) build a character up to be so powerful and so experienced of a fighter then have him bested so easily...Absolutely weak!

Anakin at this point has been fighting for years... combat day after day. Lets talk about experience. Just how much combat experience was OB1 to have had at the point when he starts training Anakin? My guess is that he would have seen more action during those clone war years then he would have all his years previous (though that is an assumption). But it makes sense! we can train for war but those that have actually fought in it are the ones you want to learn from or be with during the action. My point, Anakin is essentially every bit of an experienced fighter as OB1. Though I have heard Lucas make a comment about the power and experience difference between Anakin and OB1 respectively, I just don't believe that the books or movies support this.

I try not to complain w/o a solution. Lucas should have lead us to believe that DV was distracted by the "good" still left w/in him. I'm not sure how...but I'm not a writer.
  15. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yeah i was wondering. Anakin was never seen in person (exclude the hologram) killing jedi in the temple. And some jedis didn't have any lines or didn't even talk. Aayla Secura never even said one word in the movie. Plo koon or Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar or Saesee Tiin. It's the last movie at least give them some credit.
  16. DANA28 Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly, there wasn't enough Padme. :_|
  17. Palpy560 Jedi Master

star 4
    I really saw nothing I didn't like.
    After that movie I was on such a Star wars high.
    All 3 times.
  18. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    Agree with JediCouncilMaster

That was the only thing that bothered me. At least a couple of minutes of Anakin fighting and killing Jedi would have added more solidity to just how powerful he has become.
  19. Obilieveinme Jedi Master

star 4
    no Obi-Wan speaking with Palps scene. I think this could have been a tense scene. I know it wasn't written but i would have liked to see it.
  20. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    and sidious is grumpy on this thread also. perhaps i can rephrase my critique. so many (and most of those are very very new to posting) complain about things/ideas/characters/concepts/ case in point being general grievious' cough, not familiarizing themselves with the story that came before RotS. and then there are those who complain that they shouldn't have to do that - that everything should be right there on the screen, spelled out. i like the mysteries that lucas has deliberately left in place and wish that others could perhaps look at that as a chance to imagine instead of criticize.
  21. mandragora Force Ghost

star 4
    Seems that Sidious_T has searched you out as a bashing target - I feel sorry for you.

There's many different kinds of Star Wars fans and very often it angers me or I feel sorry that the great majority of fans and critics doesn't seem to understand or care for the deeper meanings, the metaphors, the mythology. So much effort on the part of "the makers" and so little appreciation of it. Instead they are most picky with respect to the least important things.

But then again, that's how it is with almost everything. There are very few people who take the time and effort to really think on things. If it wasn't for the mass audience, for financial reasons we would've never got to see the new films. So I guess we'll have to put up with the bashing due to obvious lack of understanding, and afterall perhaps we should be grateful that nevertheless people are paying money to see those films. The fact that they miss a lot of their meaning, due to lack of understanding or simply because they are not interested and don't care, although it hurts, ultimately it's their loss, and it's not to be blamed on Lucas and the team.
  22. Fat_Bird Jedi Knight

star 2
    While I agree that some people may miss meanings, I think others try to find meanings and explanations when there are none. Especially when it comes to inconsistencies between the OT and the PT. The real reason for most inconsistencies is simply that GL changed the damn story. Yet, I see many people here trying to find valid or real reasons for things that don't jibe between the trilogies (as if GL was intentionally inconsistent). I basically think that it goes BOTH ways. Some people don't think enough while others think way too much.
  23. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hated the fact that it wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be!
    They should have let ME make it!
    Lucas is holding me back! :_| :_| :_|

Crybabies.
  24. DARTHMORDOR Jedi Master

star 4
    NO NO LET ME MAKE IT NOT YOSHI

all you guys would just mess it it only I could have done it better then lucas

25. GrievousKiller Jedi Knight

star 3
    the thing i hated most about ROTS (and there were very few things i hated) waas that they didn't actually have Qui gon appear.
    Damn that sucked.
    I hope thats in the deletedscenes although i heard that Liam Neeson didn't do any filming for ROTS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.