main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

List of things you LOVED about ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediDugan, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    1. Darth vader beign created
    2. Anakin vs. Obiwan- been waiting for this since I was 3.
    3. Yoda vs. Palps.
    4. The New Jedi starfighter with the TIE like design.
    actually everything except seeing Padme's parents and nieces, they were uncessary because a causual fan would not no who the hell they were. They were deleted of Clones.

2. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    What I loved about ROTS:

* The last Obi-Wan & Vader exchange.

* The Musical Score.

* All the duels.

* The Opera Scene.

* The Opening Shot and Space Battle over Coruscant.

* The End of the film, from Vader's immolation to the Beru and Owen holding Luke Skywalker as a baby watching the sunrise.

* Obi-Wan and Anakin's farewell.

* The battle of Kashyykkk (although even I admit it could have been longer).

* And all the other pros listed earlier in this thread.

3. On_Your_Six

On_Your_Six Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    I disagree about nothing in TPM matching the childishness of the ewoks (though I still wish the ewoks were wookies as originally intended)... but I mean come on, when Jar Jar was fighting with the rest of the gungans on the plains of naboo and he continually got saved by his clumsy antics... The battle droid stuck to his leg, and the blaster taking out droids everytime he hopped about... Or being blasted on to a tank turret then fumbling with a gungan surgeball taking out a tanks, and even the part where he accidentally opened the cart of gungan balls..... bleagh... Too disney'fied.... At least the ewoks fought with some tact, and wickets antics were kept to minimum...

4. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    I have seen it twice:

1. The whole opening rescue of Anakin & ObiWan. It was the first time Lucas really focused on the friendship of those two without just implying it in scenes. It moved well, had great effects, and even R2-D2 was funny. That is true Star Wars humor.

2. I loved the scenes with Anakin & Palpatine as he was trying to slowly turn him. Palpatine steals the movie.

3. Great music when they show Anakin looking out at Padme in Coruscant. Sometimes less is better. There is no dialogue, but the music tells the story.

4. Order 66 was eerie. I really think Lucas did a good job on this. Watching Jedi get killed, and thinking about ObiWans statement to Luke in ANH is very poetic.

5. Anakin killing Younglings. When the little kid says, "Master Anakin, what do we do?" I actually teared up alittle knowing that kid was toast.

6. The Yoda/Sideous duel in the senate. I really didn't think Lucas could pull that one off, but that was awesome! It was the two most powerful users of the force going mono-mono.

7. ObiWan yelling at Anakin as he was burning up. The most emotional part of the prequels. Whenever I watch ANH as Vader/ObiWan duel, I'll have this scene in the back of my mind.

8. Padme dying was very emotional. Again, I didn't Lucas could pull this off. Portman did a great job in this one.

9. The babies being brought to their respective foster parents was the icing on the cake. Thinking of ANH again, if that doesn't pull at your heart, then you're not a true Star Wars fan.

5. Darth_Malak_

Darth_Malak_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    "I disagree about nothing in TPM matching the childishness of the ewoks (though I still wish the ewoks were wookies as originally intended)... but I mean come on, when Jar Jar was fighting with the rest of the gungans on the plains of naboo and he continually got saved by his clumsy antics... The battle droid stuck to his leg, and the blaster taking out droids everytime he hopped about... Or being blasted on to a tank turret then fumbling with a gungan surgeball taking out a tanks, and even the part where he accidentally opened the cart of gungan balls..... bleagh... Too disney'fied.... At least the ewoks fought with some tact, and wickets antics were kept to minimum..."

But Jar Jar was not there to "look cute" like the ewoks were. He was there for comic relief. I could have really done with out the care bears being in my star wars movie.

6. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    2 words "Lightsaber Dueling."

7. twong

twong Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Any time a battle droid of any kind talked. The voices were priceless.

"Uh-oh."
    "Excuse me..."
    "You're welcome."
    "Ow!"

And when they were running out of the bridge...hilarious.

Yoda bumping off the Royal Guards. Too funny. Whole theater got a good chuckle out of that.

8. executeordersixtysix

executeordersixtysix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I really love the Super Battle Droids. Especially when it said "You stupid little astrodroid".

9. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Grievous and Boga ROCKED!!! I loved the coughing, and I loved the high pitched Boga yell! LOL! I realy did! And I didnt even mind Vaders NOOOO at the end.

10. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    This is the SW film I have dreamt about all my life. Thank God Lucas woke up, got help, and put out an epic film. We have seen the worst of the prequels and now finally, the best.

11. Jedi-Atreides

Jedi-Atreides Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Can you imagine the last images of his Padawan and good friend was that horrible burning, amputated body screaming "I hate you!" and catching on fire? Wow, poor ObiWan must've had those images in his head the whole time he was alone on Tattoine. It brings new sadness to when he says "And he was a good friend." in ANH, must've hurt to say that after all that time. And the last feelings Anakin had with his former Master was one of intense hatred, sorrow, pain, all bottled up inside his head. The memories of their relationship and how it ended must've been harsh. This thought really enhances my viewing of ANH, makes it way darker than the "happy" bright episode it used to be before ROTS.

Love the drama...

12. cindylou

cindylou Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    The things I loved about ROTS:

1. R2's scenes in the begining they were great. His little beeps made me want to laugh. You can almost uderstand what he is saying.

2. The scenes between Anakin and Padme were great. I wish there was more of them. They did so loved each other.

3. The fights scenes were great. Especially Anakin and Obi-Wan's at the end on the Lava Planet.

4. Yoda's entry to the Emperor's office, when he made the guards fall. It was great. Everyone laugh and cheer for him. He showed everyone that He may be small and green little guy, but he can kick some serious butt. And don't mess with me if you know any better.

5. The scene were Anakin is in the Council room and thinking about what to do. He was so focus on Padme and looked out to the city and seeing her across the way and her the same way. When he had tears in his eyes. I just wanted to cry too.

6. The ending was great on the lava planet from Anakin and Padme's last scene, to the final fight, and the birth of Vader in the famous suit and he realizing that she was dead along with their child.

7. Padme's death and furnal was so sad I Cried along with everyone else.

13. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Having gotten caught up in variuos debates, I completely forgot about on ethings I really loved, OB1's line after killing Grievous with the blaster, something like 'How uncivilized.' Was a perfect tie-in to his 'civilized' comment about light sabres in ANH.

Also generally liked that OB1 got a sense of humour, helpied make him a more 3 dimensional character, though this went too far with the 'Sith are our specialty' line.

14. dv909

dv909 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The pulsing drumbeat after the opening crawl. I thought it was very ominous and foreboding. It made me feel right from the start that we we're going to be watching a very 'different' prequel movie. Then the ships fly in and do some acrobatics with the 'Force' theme playing underneath until they clear the BIG ship to reveal the battle going on. I got chills and I felt that was the price of admission in itself.

When Obi Wan apologizes to Anakin for failing him moved me like no other SW film ever has, and I've been a fan since I was a 6 year old in '77.

I laughed a nervous laugh when Vader took his first breath because I just couldn't believe how great that whole scene just was. Right before our eyes we see Anakin 'built' into Darth Vader. Iconic moment to say the least.

I love how the film leaves you wanting more, which in essence, made me go immediately to the OT dvd's.

Excellent movie. Better than episode V.

15. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Anotherone of my favorite small scale delights in in ROTS was the side conversation between OB1 and Anakin after they have rescued Palps, it showed a closeness between the two far beyond master and pupil, gave real credence to OB1's "and a good friend" line in ANH.

16. MyLoveAnakin

MyLoveAnakin Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    1. Everything

17. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I loved the sparseness of the special effects. I don't mean they were bad, but rather, there was not the level of FX bells and whistles that existed in ATOC. There was so much eye candy in ATOC, it was distracting. It seems like a deliberate attempt to tie the trilogies together.

18. GeneralGrovus

GeneralGrovus Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    i love the part in the opening sequence when obiwan's ship crashes in invisible hand hanger and he jumps out, spins, ignites saber and takes out the battle droids.

19. Bobo_Maul

Bobo_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2001
    The end. You know, that part where it stops playing. I really liked that.

20. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    i love everything that has been mentioned above...
    cause i loved the whole movie

i only read the last few pages, so i dont know if these have been said....

1) when anakin chokes Padme (totally didnt expect that
    2) the way the anakin dooku duel paralleled vader/luke from ROTJ
    3) the way anakins choice to "save" palpatine paralleled vaders choice to save luke in ROTJ
    4) the scene when anakin first figures out Palps is the Sith Lord
    5) Yoda announcing he was going into exile (which is different imo than hiding)

21. DDRmaster101

DDRmaster101 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Seen it twice
    Best of All the Star Wars,just beats out ESB

Favorite Scenes
    1. Anakin and the Younglings- A Powerful Scene that had even non Star Wars Fans gasping and telling Anakin not to do it.
    2. Order 66- awesome scene showing the jedi getting owned.
    3. You were the Chosen one- Favorite Line ever
    4.Breaking my heart scene- That whole scene was done really well

22. CMoney

CMoney Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2002
    The entire movie was off the chain. Best one of the 6 IMHO. It was even better the 2nd time and will stand the test of multiple veiwings. To be more specific:

1. Opening sequence: Freakin' awesome, the war drums pounding sets the tone for the movie in the first seconds. The star fighters diving into the battle is unmatched.

2. Duel with Dooku: "You have anger, you have hate...but you don't use them!" Anikan then procedes to but off Dooku's hands and behead him at Palpatine's beckoning.

3. Preminitions: A first in Star Wars...and an artistic twist. Anikan's dreams are haunting.

4. Palpatine: The man is pure evil cleverly hid under the persona of Palpatine. His lines are classic and his sediction of Anikan is very convincing.

5. Love for Padme: I was convinced this time that the two were in love. They did a better jo of this in ROTS.

6. The Duel: Oh my God! A fight to end all fights. Obi-Wan bests Anikan with patience combined with Anikan's overconfidence. After completelly dismembering him he watches Anikan's body catch fire and burn alive. "You were the Chosen One", "I loved you like a brother". I felt like my heart was ripped out.

Hard to find anything in this movie that is not completely awesome!

23. WarsNotMakeOneGreat

WarsNotMakeOneGreat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Those two big droids going "hey you!" to R2

Obi-Wan smiling when he and Anakin destroyed all those battle droids in that tiny room

Anakin killing Dooku

Yoda saying "good relations with the wookies, I have"

Yoda killing the two clonetroopers about to kill him

Yoda climbing up on Chewbacca

Obi-Wan saying "so uncivilized" about the blaster he used to kill Grievous

Yoda owning those two Royal Guards in Palpatine's office

Yoda throwing Palpatine into his chair

Obi-Wan holding Luke and Leia to Padme, I liked his facial expression

Seeing Darth Vader in his suit for the first time

The final scene of Owen and Beru holding Luke by the sunset.

24. Masterskippy

Masterskippy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Everything. However, my favorite scene is the Chosen One bit on Mustafar, and Hayden's delivery on "I HATE YOU" is my favorite line.

As a side note, I started playing Lego Star Wars, and after doing the Episode I mandatory level to open the other movies, all I can say is WOW for actually playing the Coruscant battle in a game! LucasArts needs to redo X-Wing/TIE Fighter and have content from all six movies!..:)

25. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    1. vader risng on the stable
    2. "you were the chosen one" i had seen it all the tv spots and trailers byt i was amazing on screen evan nail that perfect
    3. the anakin/obi relationship after seeing them at the begining of AOTC , it was like GL was forcing their friendship but here both hayden and evan, were the best of friends
    4. yoda/sid i was expecting this to be as good as it was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.