main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibnerd

Gibnerd Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 1999
    what we will probably get :

A Boba Fett anti-hero movie. Maybe spaghetti western style? Set in between the OT & PT? Possibly and probably connected to Rebels?
    A young Han Solo movie. Recycling some of those Star Wars Underworld ideas. Getting the Falcon, pissing off Jabba, meeting Chewie.....
    A Red 5 movie. Probably animated. Maybe the rumored Pixar Star Wars movie? Set after ANH with Luke's adventures with Wedge and crew.

what i'd love:
    An Obi Wan desert nomad movie. Drifting through the desert. Imperial probes searching the desert for surviving Jedi. Protecting baby Luke. Pissing off Owen Lars. Talking with the ghosts of Yoda & Qui Gon....
    I also like that idea of the Seven Samurai style Jedi squad movie.
    Spin offs based on new characters seen in upcoming films.

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I think a lot of people didn't read Kathleen Kennedy's statement when Lucasfilm hired Josh Trank.

"... this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX"

This means the spin offs are not about Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Yoda, Kenobi, Vader, etc. or any of the the characters played by Ridley, Serkis, Gleeson, etc.

Fett could be one but Disney want Rebels to be more family friendly TCW, so I doubt they'd be interested in making a movie where the protagonist is a lethal mercenary.

A Fett movie could be easily be done in a way suitable to an variety of ages - bounty hunters would do a job for the Rebellion just as much as the Empire - but from the various items I've read since talk began a Fett movie, people seem to want a darker, more adult adventure.

I don't see that happening.

An awful lot of audience will be new to Star Wars and it could be argued that the best idea is to create new characters and not use one who is already dead by the time of Episode VII - the movie that just introduced a whole new generation of fans to the franchise - and no... the argument that this is what they did with Prequels is not the same thing because it was the beginning of the story - some of us knew the outcome, new fans would discover along the way but it was a whole new era to explore the whys and hows - this was the point.

However, kicking off a new set of movies with an established and popular supporting character would seem like a reasonable tactic.

If they do though, I want it to be the real Boba Fett - clone of Jango, Temura Morrison [no offence to Jeremy Bulloch lovely man, nice to chat to] but Boba is a clone - not some idiotic reboot where some unknown character has stolen his identity.

And no crawling out of the Sarlacc Pitt - let it be pre-TESB.

Grytpype and my kind of scum like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Salacious Crumb movie with Tom Cruise in the lead role.... and its already under discussion [face_laugh]

4. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I absolutely agree with this!

5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

The Fett rumour wasn't even a real rumor as such - it began in a discussion on a podcast and months later a movie site stole the idea thinking it was long forgotten :) - but all the same it does get under my skin :p

6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I really Defiance and it is proof that a Star Wars could work on TV.

I'd like to see a spin-off movie about the crew of a military ship, one about a platoon of infantry troops/special forces, one about a star fighter squad set in the ST era - this greatly depends on the political structure that exists in the new movies but I'd like it to be a mix species team

Imagine a Guns of Navarone type Star Wars movie ^:)^

Can anyone stab a guess as to when the 30 year gap between RotJ and Episode VII will be explored?

Will we start getting novels, comics and the possibility of TV series as soon as Episode VII is released?

If the new characters prove popular, people will be interested in their backstory and what the Big 3 were up to?

I'd imagine they are looking into ideas and personnel even now.

The 20 year gap betweem the PT and the OT is the Dark Times. We are going to need a name for the missing 3 decades too :)

Grytpype likes this.
  7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Here's a couple of mine:

Kenobi- Something like Old Wounds. Facing off with Maul one final time. Or they could save that storyline for Rebels. Either one works for me. Also a little bit of Kenobi inspiration too. Getting used to life on Tatooine. And living a completely new and different life.
    Darth Bane- I guess there's little chance they'd be based on the Bane Trilogy. Which I guess I could live with. As long as it's good. Though I do ask it to be based on TPM novel summary. And I want Zannah to be his apprentice and successor.
    Darth Plagueis/Darth Sidious- need I say more?

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't want to see young Han or Boba Fett spinoffs. I'd prefer to see them in the Underworld series. Also I wouldn't mind if we saw young Han in Rebels. Where he's at the Imperial Academy.

Darkslayer and Redimet like this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The story of how Plagueis completely, certainly, and permanently died long before TPM.

Darth Lurker likes this.
  10. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I would also like to see that. I enjoyed the book and I think that it could easily become a spin-off :)

11. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    1) Kenobi film post-ROTS. Localized conflict, with maybe someone onto him.
    2) Sidious/Maul flick laying out what happened post-TCW, maybe post-ROTS.
    3) Dawn of the Jedi or something
    4) KOTOR, preferrably Ulic Qel Droma/Exar Kun-ish. (Canonize it already, or redo it!)

VMeran and Redimet like this.
  12. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

=D=

13. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    - Yoda's story and how he was thought to be the 'chosen one' because of his Force Might and skills with the Lightsaber.. perhaps his knighthood and like leading up to Ep1
    - Master Voss's arc since he is still alive after order 66, what is he up to?
    - KOTOR of course

Redimet likes this.
  14. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

It would add meaning to "always cloudy, the future is"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Something related to Han Solo.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Thought we were already getting that?

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Can we pick novels that we wish will be adapted to film, too?

18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    All original stories. No book adaptations:

Star Wars: Darth Vader (Between episodes 3 & 4. Boba Fett & other bounty hunters will help him wipe out Jedi)
    Star Wars: Yoda (700 years before Episode 1. Show how he learns to become a Jedi)
    Star Wars: Sideous (How he turns to the dark side, learns from Pagueis and how he obtains Maul as an apprentice.)
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan (Side adventures while on Tatooine with Ewan McGregor. Show how he watches over Luke and communes with Yoda)
    Star Wars: Han Solo (How he meets Chewie, wins the Falcon from Lando, does the Kessel Run, runs into Jabba and the Empire)

19. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Star Wars: The Jedi Purge (Vader & Cad Bane hunt down the Jedi who survived Order 66)

20. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    The Star Wars "Seven Samurai" film definitely needs to happen, I think that has tremendous potential!!!!

Also some funny ones:

Ice Road Smugglers (A gang of pirates have to smuggle spice onto Hoth hahaha)
    The Curious Case of Salacious B. Crumb
    Max Rebo (A detective revenge thriller loosely based on Max Payne, starring Max Rebo as a musician looking to solve the murder of his band!)

21. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Eh..What exactly do you mean? What's the story? Which characters are they're going to be in it?

22. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    It depends on what time period you base it in.

I would assume it wouldn't take place during the prequel trilogy... So that leaves:
    • The Old Republic Era
    • The Dark Times Era (post-prequels)
    • 30 Years between OT/ST Era
    • Post-Sequel trilogy Era/Distant Future
    You pick 7 Jedi. You pick a villainous threat. You pick 1 planet/city for the Jedi to defend. It's pretty simple and it'd be very effective.

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    We have had six (seven if you'd like to count TCW) films about Anakin Skywalker. Let him lie. Here's what I originally thought way back in 2012 when I first heard spin-off films:
    Star Wars Origins: Yoda (Pre-PT)
    Star Wars Origins: Han Solo (Between Ep III-Ep IV)
    Boba Fett (Between Ep V-Ep VI, new spin on Shadows of the Empire)

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nothing's confirmed yet.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.