main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    :confused: Obviously they're sticking with the OT period for now, but I don't see any linear progression to it. Yes, without a doubt the saga films will lead us to a new future, but I foresee the anthologies tackling that time frame in due time.

2. GG.exe

GG.exe Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2015
    A Knights of Ren and Rise of Snoke could be about the only two new age anthology movies.

3. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No way. There is tons of stuff they could explore, and that's just based off one movie. I don't think its happening until after IX and who knows at this point what is going to be clarified in the saga films or what new "mysteries" could still be coming.

darklordoftech and GG.exe like this.
  4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah. All that takes place between PT and OT.

I figure once the STnisnovernis when we finally start getting stuff taking place between OT and ST (not counting books)

GG.exe likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If I had to choose just one spinoff (other than the existing ones), I would go with a film centering on Darth Bane, or whoever the new EU interprets as his character in this new canon. What I mean is a film set at least 1000 years before TPM, centering on the emergence of a character that reinstated the Darth title, rule of two, and the first main efforts to bring the Sith back to power.

Part of me would like to go back further with it, where armies of Sith existed, and actually seeing that original time that the Sith ruled the galaxy, and the story would center around the Jedi/Old Republic winning it back, but IMO that seems more like a trilogy. If we're focusing specifically on ONE character, than the above is my choice.

Whether or not that will ever happen no one knows. All I can say is I've seen enough TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers to last me for quite awhile, and it would be nice to see something fresh and new...

Vib3s and GG.exe like this.
  6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    "Pit Droid #3: A Star Wars Story"

It's a coming-of-age flick, but from the perspective of an adolescent droid. He begins the story working at the gas station his father owns. His father is an alcoholic. His mom abandoned his family when he was young--she was hooked on glitterstim and ran off with an unsavory gonk droid.

But against all odds, R4-ND1 ("Randy") perseveres.

7. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Darth Plagueis and his young apprentice Palpatine. The ending alone ..

ChefCurryWindu and jimtalkbox like this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    A Clone wars era movie has been talked to death but i just wanted to add that i really badly want Kevin Kiner to score a live action film. Heck I would be on board with his score for TCW being used as the main theme for a Clone Wars era film.

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Had enough of the Clone Wars. That era has been played out to the max. Let's visit other times. Other events.

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    thats fine as long as its not another God forsaken Galactic Civil War story, Also I never said we should do a film in that era I said I want Kevin Kiner to score a live action film. Like I said a Clone Wars film has been talked to death but I just wanted to say that I really want to see Kevin Kiner start to become the go to SW music guy whenever John is unavailable.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The 501st Legion and Vader's Black Squadron (Vader's TIE Squadron)

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I can see this as a sort of Galaxy Quest kind of movie.
    The 501st are doing a charity event. A disable kids find raising fete or something. When they spot who they think are a band of cosplaying Jedi and decide to play along and attack with their fake blasters....

13. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    My friend had a good idea about a "Kenobi" film where it would be Obi-Wan on Tatooine after he dropped off Luke. It was sort of like an old Spaghetti Western where Obi-Wan somehow got stuck between the Hutts and a rival gang/crime syndicate, while trying to genuinely help some locals.

I thought it was interesting. It kept Kenobi on Tatooine but gave him something to do.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Your friend had a good idea? There is already a comic around with exactly that stuff.
    Starwars #7, the Marvel-series.
    And a film about Obi-Wan is already planned. So this is no scooping idea IMHO.

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Except a film isn't planned. It is one of the most requested, Ewan seems up for it, but there has been no confirmation one way or the other.

That old slide that had it listed was fake.

16. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    mentioned this in another thread last night.......but have to have a spinoff on the icecream guy on cloud city

the tagline could be 'a boy, a city, a frozen yogart'

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah, well, show us a bit more than half a second of them before I get on board with that.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  19. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    I'd love to see a Grievous-centric film, introducing us to his true self during the Kaleesh-Huk wars, his sad tale of exploitation at the hands of Dooku, and his justifiably vengeance-filled rampage against the Jedi - leading up to the "kidnapping" of Palpatine. After "Labyrinth of Evil", I had hoped to get that same sympathetic character in ROTS, but was a bit disappointed in the mustache-twirling buffoon we got instead.

His is a story of the Jedi really boning a situation, and paying for it. I like those sort of tales; I feel it adds a visceral type of drama when characters are thrown into the grey,

20. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

guess you havent been reading the episode 8 rumors.

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think the fact that they're even covering Obi-Wan's life between III and IV in the comics is pretty much proof that such a film isn't going to happen. About a year ago at a Marvel panel, a question was asked as to whether or not they'd get around to a Boba Fett series. They said it was off-limits for the time being but couldn't say why; it was obvious they were talking about the standalone film.

22. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    there's a pretty decent kenobi book (real book not comics) set almost directly after ROTS.

23. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Kenobi: five years or so after ROTS

Guards of the Empire: a Dark Times story about Palpatine's elite red bodyguards

Bounty Hunters: just a matter of time....

Shadows of the Empire: an animated film that revises the story between ANH and ESB...Xizor, Jabba, Fett, Dash...do it.

KOTOR Duology: a two-part exploration of the ancient Jedi saga

Sith Master: a Citizen Kane-like depiction of Palpatine's life before the PT. Plagueis, a young Maul, Nubian elections, Coruscant corruption, Gunray plottings, etc...

24. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    KOTOR, Aayla Secura.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Vanguard likes this.
  25. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Anything from the KOTOR era! It's early before anything else so it wouldn't interfere with current storylines. Revan's Knighthood before the Mandalorian wars, the Jedi luring out Darth Nihilus, Adventures with Carth Onassi, etc.

Sent from my smartphone using cellular service

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.