main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't read the comics, and neither does my friend, but it doesn't surprise me that someone else had the same idea!

2. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    In order of preference:

1. Bobba Fett movie. Coolest Mandalorian there is.

2. Chewbacca movie. Subtitles, I guess.

3. Obi-Wan. Chronicling his flight from the Empire after Episode 3.

3. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    uh they already had a chewbacca movie with subtitles..........its probably the biggest piece of garbage to ever air on tv.

GregMcP likes this.
  4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I've had this idea of a classic style adventure chase movie for a few months now. No existing characters, perhaps some nods to them though. Basically, a high-ranking Imperial officer goes on the run and bounty hunters, rebels and imperials are in hot pursuit across multiple worlds, with all the parties competing to see who can essentially win the race for the prize of capturing him. All want him for different reasons. It's mainly focused around these 3 bounty hunters (an Aqualish, a Devaronian, and a human) who at various times work with and against each other and invariably mess up.

Otherwise, a Kenobi movie sounds good, but with the Marvel comics now covering this ground I grow less convinced that it will happen. I wouldn't want to see any other known character get their spin off film, even Boba Fett. But that's not to say that such characters like Fett cannot appear in spin offs.

5. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Boba Fett

Alternate 1: Boba Fett crawling out of the Sarlaac Pit post ROTJ. (You don't know the outcome of his fate...it's unknown.)

Alternate 2: Boba Fett after the Han Solo SWS, but before Rogue One. (You do know the outcome of his fate...he lives.)

Alternate 3: Boba Fett and the rest of the bounty hunters seen in Empire, in fact, let's follow those bounty hunters as they leave Vader looking for Captain Solo. Where did they go? what did they do? I find it interesting that you can go back and see what happened to those cool characters. I would really like to see Ord Mantell and Corellia. (You know what happens to Boba Fett, but you don't know what happens to the other bounty hunters)

Yoda

I could see a movie set 800 years before The Phantom Menace, when Yoda learns how to use the force, but, Frank Oz isn't getting any younger. If you're going to do it, better do it quickly, unless you want to use James Arnold Taylor.

Vader

James Earl Jones, again, not getting any younger, better do whatever you have planned as soon as possible.

Palpatine

If you want to do something with Ian McDiarmid, also, you better hurry.

Obi-wan

Ewan McGregor wants to continue as Obi-wan, in talks with Kathleen Kennedy. As long as the script is done by a great writer, someone well established, then go for it.

What characters do you all want to see as a stand alone film?

black_saber likes this.
  6. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    isnt ian under 70?

think he was only 35 when he filmed ROTJ.

7. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I think I've finally found the perfect new choice for Princess Leia.

Nina Dobrev: There is something about her that just screams Carrie Fisher.

[​IMG]

The Vanguard likes this.
  8. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Certainly resembles a young Carrie (an airbrushed version of her). But is she a good actress?

9. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Alas, she looks more like the TFA version of Leia rather than the OT version (possibly because of Carrie's plastic surgeries).

I've actually only seen her in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I think she's good. Besides, after watching some YouTube clips of her it seems she is a really funny and happy person.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I doubt this will ever happen, but Chadwick Boseman as young Mace Windu.

11. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    who was polled and decided we want a Han Solo film?

12. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Apparently not you.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Not sure if this is the right place to say this but I wouldn't mind if Disney puts a hold on the numbered saga movies after Ep. 9 for at least a little while and then makes the anthology stories the main focus for a few years.

Put Rey and Company on the back burner for a while, maybe four years, and create some new anthology movies that aren't prequels. Enough with the prequels. Make a few Star Wars movies that don't have anything to do with the Skywalkers but also take place after the events of Ep. 9.

14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I want to see an "Almost Famous" film centered on Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes

Bail B. Baobab and Sarge like this.
  15. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    im getting the feeling granek just plain doesnt like han solo

16. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    "Rebel Squadron" that follows Biggs and the boys in a Top Gun-esque movie going through pilot training. The side story will cover Porkins and his super hot twi-lek girlfirend not wanting him to join the rebellion but to stay home instead and raise a family together.

17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The Kenobi novel from Legends is also exactly like that. I hope that is a basis for an Obi Wan film.

jimtalkbox likes this.
  18. jbryan1984

jbryan1984 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2016
    I mean, anything the come up with I will go see. Excited for not only Rogue One but Solo and Fett too.

So many possibilities.

Obi-Wan between trilogies
    Vader not too long after ROTS
    Maybe an actual movie about the Battle of Jakku
    Snoke movie revealing his full backstory
    Yoda movie
    Coruscant underworld
    Tarkin the movie
    One on the formation of the Alliance, bring back Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa.
    The new republic right after ROTJ
    Movie on normal everyday people in the galaxy and how much they know about the empire, how it effects their lives, etc

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    In TCW, Obi-Wan refers to spending a year on the run with Satine. I'd like to see that story, though I doubt you could tell it in one movie.

The Vanguard likes this.
  20. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    It's a shame Satine died in TCW. They could have used her in an upcoming Obi-Wan film taking place after ROTS - giving Obi yet another reason to leave the planet.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    There's always Bo-Katan. He does owe her for helping him get off Mandalore.

22. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    That would be kind of strange...

"The love of my life died, so I'm gonna pork her sister instead!" [face_dancing]

[face_thinking]

23. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Captain America did it! Well, sort of..

24. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I'd also like to see a "Cheers" reboot which takes place in the Mos Eisley cantina. Dr. Evazan in the Frasier Crane role, while Ponda Boba would clearly take up the Cliff Clavin mantle. Wuher is Sam Malone. Because sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, even if it is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Kinda like a Bounty Hunter face off movie featuring Boba Fett and Cad Bane. If cleverly written, so as to be an action/drama/comedy type tale? I really do think such a film could be a winner for Disney. Tonally, think of 'Midnight Run'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.