main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Force Hammer

The Force Hammer Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2014
    I think it would be best if they leave the era surrounding the battle of yavin and maybe went way earlier to the Mandalorian wars, maybe do Darth Revan or Darth Nihilus.

2. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Every time I see this I can't help but want a KOTOR movie.

[​IMG]

VMeran and mes520 like this.
  3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I can't see why not.

4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Are people picking spinoff ideas they actually think might happen or just a wish list ?

Because Kathleen Kennedy has actually been pretty clear that Solo, Kenobi, Vader, etc are not getting stand clone movies.

I was thinking that too - it's actually the only way I'd see a Boba Fett story getting on screen - he good still be mercenary just getting paid to be on the good side.

The Truce at Bakura is favourite

markdeez likes this.
  5. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    1. A film that takes place in roughly the same timeframe as the Tales of the Jedi comics. It doesn't have to follow the same plots or characters featured in the comics, but the look and feel of those stories should definately be preserved (that means no KISS reject Darths with red lightsabers and no Jedi in brown moisture farmer robes who refuse to marry).

2. A 2D animated anthology film adaptation of the Alan Moore Star Wars comics.

3. An animated (2D or 3D) adaptation of the first storyline from the Marvel Star Wars comics.

4. A film written and directed by David Lynch.

5. A film written and directed by David Cronenberg.

6. A Lovecraftian horror set in the Star Wars Universe.

7. Something involving parallel universes.

8. A film where Threepio gets stranded on a planet inhabited by warring bands of cyborgs and organics, leading him to become an intermediary between the two sides.

9. A mockumentary that reveals that in-universe, the PT and TOR are all just historically inaccurate holovids. :p

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    If they do KOTOR, I'd love to see Ood Bnar. Something about having a Jedi Tree... I'd just love to see it!

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Kroot - Marvel got it first.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    To be fair, though, as far as I know her quotes on this have never given named examples like that, though. So we don't necessarily have enough clarity to know for sure what the plan is.

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    “We’re thrilled to welcome Josh into the family,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX.”

This, to me, makes it clear that the standalones are not going to be connected to the story of the main Saga movies or concern by of the main characters.

Also, I hope that by the time the movies come around that the spinoffs and standalones get a better group name than spinoffs and standalones.

And as you are a moderator, I have a question - is there a way to request email alerts after I have submitted a thread and forgot to tick the appropriate boxes?

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, those are the kind of quotes I meant. While it seems pretty clear, I still think there's a little bit of "wiggle room" in there if they want to go that way. But my main point was just that she hasn't explicitly said "Solo, Kenobi, Vader, etc" will not be in the spin-offs.

For your other question... let me look into that and get back to you. Was there a specific thread you started that you want the alerts for?

Edit: It looks like I can activate the alerts for you after the fact... let me know if there's a thread you want it done for.

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Kennedy has certainly not stated anything explicitly one way or the other, but the fact that she said it at all is a clear indication that the movies will be unconnected to the 9 Saga films in any significant way - why else would she have brought it up?

It seems vet much in line with how Lucasfilm and Disney are approaching the publicity surrounding the franchise

Also thanks for the info and offer on the thread alert - I was curious as I started a thread and missed the alert but it is okay as the topic was already in discussion

Cheers

EHT likes this.
  12. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Darth Vader
    3. Palpatine
    4. Darth Maul
    5. Young Han Solo

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    1. a Darth Maul origin short
    2. Boba Fett ongoing (given that the movie explicietly says that monster in the pit kills really really slowly, him making it through is one of the more tolerable retcons) (also can have plenty of Jango Fett in it, same actor and all)
    3. Anakin's first days as a padawan
    4. Knights of the Old Republic (game, not the comic)

14. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    I would really like to see a movie about the total, back-to-basics (no pun intended) origins of the Jedi. I mean, there must have been a time when the first person developed Force powers, so it'd be interesting to see how that was dealt with by:

1) their peers (shunned as a freak, or lauded as some kind of messiah?);

2) the authorities (hunted over fear of their potential for abuse of power?);

3) the military (sought for study of the origin of their powers, or trying to coerce the person into fighting for them?);

4) their loved ones (feared as being dangerous, or concerned about all those who may be after them, or excited for them and the potential to do amazing things?);

5) and, of course, the person themselves (the initial freak-out over the powers, the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" scenes, the potential abuse of the powers and the slippery slope to the Dark Side, maybe amassing power and wealth through use of the powers, leading to a situation where there is essentially a Sith in power with no-one to oppose them, until another Force-sensitive emerges to challenge them, or vice versa.... )

I guess it'd kind of be like the X-Men movies.... only good. :D Oh, and with alien races non-xenophobically integrated with the humans.

Sarge likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - A pre-TPM movie about Mace Windu
    - What's going on on Coruscant during ANH

scuiggefest likes this.
  16. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Both awesome ideas, especially the latter.
    I think it would be really nice to see how Palpatine further consolidates his power (propaganda etc) and also the outburst when he dismantles the Senate.

17. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    To me, it makes a hell of a lot of sense to consolidate the two separate yet highly popular ideas of Fett and Solo movies, and just make them the same movie. Let's face it, Boba Fett is just not very well known among the genpop, but would make a perfect villain for a Han Solo film since their rivalry is (now literally) Legendary. Here's your Han Solo movie: Han's in the empire, feels bad stands up for Wookiee slaves so gets kicked outta the empire and takes Chewie with him, joins Jabba's crew, wins the Falcon from Lando, at one point ditching his cargo at the first sign of an imperial starship, aaaaand being dogged/taunted/threatened/emperiled by Boba Fett at numerous points. I mean, If I wonder about what ELSE it could be, I can't really come up with much outside the established broad stroaks of Han's backstory.

Also the Vader movie is a foregone conclusion. Vader does evil things, yadda yadda yadda, I'm sure that story writes itself to whoever's working on it - Gary Whitta, I guess.

There are two Star Wars spinoffs that I will wait decades for, and will in fact be disappointed if they never happen: 1, anything directed by Joe Johnston, and 2, a movie starring Ahsoka, Ventress, Hondo Ohnaka, and every other great TCW character in a continuation of their stories in the dark times. I believe the resonance of TCW will increase over time, and eventually Lucasfilm may have no choice but to mine that very rich real estate in the lore that's still considered "canon". And of course if that movie was directed by Joe Johnston I would wet myself.

Master Raze Golladio likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

My head would literally explode if Hondo returned in either a movie or an animated series[face_party]

However, could he be done justice in live action?

Does this rivalry between Solo and Fett in the EU all occur after RotJ or is is told that they meet earlier?

Moviewise, nothing implies that Han has ever met or heard of Boba Fett before.

The small amount I've read of post-RotJ Fett makes the idea of a personal rivalry a bit forced - Solo was behind him when the jetpack ignited, for all he knows it was the Wookie, and he hates Solo so much but doesn't do anything for six years???

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I would like to see a TOR or KOTOR animated movie like the trailers they did for the TOR MMO. That would be really cool.

20. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

That would be amazing! However, that kind of animation is pretty expensive for 20 minute long episodes, so I don't think it's happening...

21. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    Okay, you've aleady proven you know more EU than I do. But that stuff jut doesn't really matter anymore. If their rivalry did feel forced after RotJ, then a spinoff would be the place to make that plotline happen in a more sensible way. Personally I always assumed they were already rivals, whether that idea was in the script or not. They were both associated with Jabba the Hutt so they must have at least known each other.

Thinking again about a TCW continuation, it seems less likely to me that a movie may come of it, we may have to settle for a Rebels episode if anything. But still! - if they don't pick up those threads, then what was the point of them ever laying them down in the first place.

22. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah, because Disney's a bit short on cash these days. :p

My concern with making live-action movies with actors playing various TCW characters is that there's always going to be the potential for the characters to be played or visually represented completely wrong. Every director always wants to add their own creative touch to character design, and there's huge potential for the characters to look, sound and act.... well, completely out-of-character, which would be horribly disappointing.

23. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    That's true, but this show would not make any profit whatsoever. This kind of detail in animation is just that expensive. :)

24. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    Would be cheaper to go live-action.

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No, as I said I know little about Fett in the EU - just that it the rivalry I did read seemed a stretch - and as to the movie I believe that as a bounty hunter he isn't an associate of Jabba as such, just brought in the man he wanted - but he could be on a retainer to Jabba, because as the the TCW shows the term bounty hunter covers mercenary, assassin and other nefarious activities.

And I agree that we won't see any TCW characters, at least in the near future. Filoni said it is tempting to bring characters into and story lines into Rebels but he said, rightly, that Rebels needs to establish itself as it's own thing, but maybe as it moves along this might become possible.

VMeran likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.