main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Trilogy about origins of the Sith.

La Calavera and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Now you're talking.

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    And I'd be all for it!

4. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    As long as Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are involved, I'm in for a spin-off that fills in the gap with Obi-wan and young Luke.

I always thought a Leia film, in her younger years with Jimmy Smits portraying Bail Organa on Alderaan as we see her learning the ways of politics, humanity, love, etc. I know it won't happen, but to see Bail showing young Leia how to fire a weapon for the first time, on a planet with no weapons, but he is preparing her for the day she'll use it on the Death star, Cloud city, Jabba's Sail Barge, Endor etc. I think it would be cool to see Luke and Leia and the different lives they live as children and how one day their lives will intersect.

Taylore likes this.
  5. Octoballoon

Octoballoon Jedi Knight

Feb 7, 2015
    I've created a thread for this, but then seen in another thread that we're only allowed to post about confirmed projects, which is unfortunate. Seeing as my thread will likely be closed I've copied and pasted my post as follows:

As you know Ahsoka Tano plays quite a large role in the main timeline of the Star Wars universe. Star Wars: The Clone Wars sees her training under Anakin Skywalker himself before she eventally leaves the Jedi Order. She later returns to help the first teams of rebels against the Empire form together in what would eventually come to be the Rebel Alliance. At the end of her Star Wars: Rebels run she finally meets Darth Vader face to face.

Despite Ahsoka being present for so much of the story, she has only ever appeared in animation. Season 2 of Rebels finishes somewhat open-endedly. Ahsoka finally confronts Vader and begins a long awaited duel, at the end of which, her fate is left unknown. Lucasfilm have stated that Ahsoka is not dead. Star Wars: Rebels is the story of the Ghost crew and the early years of the Rebellion. They did not want to complete Ahsoka's story as a side-plot to someone else's story.

The story of Ahsoka Tano, the Togruta woman who was trained by the man who became Lord Vader, is yet to be finished. For me, this leaves room for a great opportunity; a live-action Star Wars anthology film about Ahsoka Tano in which her story is ended. Not only would it give closure to the character of Ahsoka, but it could also be a brilliant and necessary connection between The Old Republic era and The Empire era that we just don't have yet. Would you be willing to see such a film? Is it a good idea?

More importantly, who should play Ahsoka based on her adult Rebels portayal? And if there are any flashback scenes, who should play her younger Clone Wars self? What should the title be, and what ideas do you have for the film?

6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Luke - Battle of Jakku! :cool:

7. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I think it's pretty safe to say that Ahsoka won't be getting her own solo movie. Not for the next 10 years at least.

She's an interesting character but the big mass simply doesn't care about her since they don't know who she is. It will be very difficult to market a film surrounding her since it will be like "Uh, Anakin had a padawan before? When?" to the big mass, even if you explain it at the beginning of the film.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Lost Stars and Bloodline both deserve adaptations IMO.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

that would be cool, I would like to see a Pixar Toy Story movie about a fanboy kid obsessed with Star Wars! his toys are all star wars and everything in his room is star wars!

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I would very much approve of this.
    I am sure there will be a Lego Star Wars movie eventually, but a film that plays with all the assorted toys would be lots of fun.

Hmmmm... They did a bit of this with little preview videos before Rogue One.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  11. Octoballoon

Octoballoon Jedi Knight

Feb 7, 2015
    To those people she'd be a new character. It'd be no different from other characters that have been introduced in Rogue One or The Force Awakens, except for the fact that Vader would play a huge role in both the film in general and the construction of the main character. That's a big deal. I think people would be very interested. I'd certainly watch an Ahsoka movie (if done right) over a Han Solo movie any day. We've seen more than enough of Han in the movies at this point, and to me, it's not Han if it isn't Harrison.

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Liam Neeson is also on record, saying that he would be willing to come back. It would be cool to see a Force Ghost Qui-Gon visiting Obi-Wan (Ben ;) ). Yoda did say that Qui-Gon would teach Obi-Wan the Force Ghost trick. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    now we know why Kenobi is considered a crazy old hermit.
    how many delivery boys etc, heard him talk to himself?[face_laugh]

GregMcP and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    starocean90 [face_laugh]

starocean90 likes this.
  15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think Rogue One proved that spy film narratives can work wonders in the GFFA. So more in that space would be welcome.

16. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Rogue One got me thinking a bit, in how I view it to some degree as an origin story of the Death Star as a character itself, in a manner of speaking. Now Disney/Lucasfilm is diving headfirst into official spinoffs featuring popular characters, starting with young Han Solo (along with Chewie and Lando) then possibly Yoda, Boba Fett and who-knows etc.

Yet here I wish to entertain the idea where you're given an opportunity as a writer/director/producer to manifest a spinoff of your own, or what you might simply desire as a fan, but under the condition of there being zero recurring characters from any of the previous seven installments. Rather, your story would be predicated on any preexisting planet, vehicle or droid from the saga, therein involving entirely new and/or one-time characters. Of those three, only the following are off limits: the Death Star, Millennium Falcon, R2-D2 & C-3PO, K-2SO and BB-8. Anything else you can think of is fair game.

That means literally ANY world, starship, air-or-surface craft, walker or droid, no matter how briefly glimpsed—a movie that necessitates as much as its main premise or least its central MacGuffin. Don't be afraid to pull from something scarce or minuscule to a degree that warrants a Wookieepedic reference; from the saga, whatever place or piece of transport machinery or some little (or big) droid guy that's ever captured your fancy. This obviously doesn't have to be a grand narrative equal to major continuity events. It could be something simple, self-contained.

I'm not asking that you cook-up a whole script or even an outline. A vague notion is fine. But if compelled, subgenre premises might include:

- marooned adventure
    - sports/racer
    - lost or abandoned ghost ship
    - contract on a runaway droid

...or anything varied or altogether different you can thing of. So to get the ball rolling, my initial pick would be the T-16 Skyhopper. The very airspeeder that Luke trained with (in mention), though, to ovoid over-familiarity, I wouldn't set it amidst Tatooine. For the record, I just love this thing. Always have. It's always been there in the back of the Star Wars part of my brain, likely because I saw so little of it as a kid-viewer and therefore it hooked my imagination from the start with a kind of 'Bobba Fett' mystique. I always wanted that toy Luke was playing with dammit!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure the storyline. Probably something workable to the Star Wars mythology involving a nobody outsider whose journey -- survival, even -- is beholden to piloting said Skyhopper; some old fixer-upper jalopy, perhaps, that must accumulate vital parts along the way. I also imagine this being a frontier setting mostly likely.

Anywho, that's my go. If anyone's feeling inspired, fire away.

QuangoFett likes this.
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe a Sifo-Diyas/Order 66 conspiracy story set between TPM and AOTC, starring Dooku and Palpatine.

18. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Again, to be clear, the proviso excludes preexisting characters (along with subsequent plot-points), such as Dooku and Palpatine, in this case. Only planets, ships or droids. It'd be okay to reference a familiar here and there, or maybe even have one show up at the very end à la Rogue One Leia style. I realize this might seem a tad abstract at first. I'm just curious for spinoff ideas that pull something identifiable from the movieverse yet without relying on established character/storylines, let alone heavies.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the thought you put into this, but I think this is more of an Anthology thread.

20. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    That works, yeah. Thanks.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

22. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    id like a movie where it is just strictly about the sith on moraband and the sith religion. call it rule of two if you must ( seeing as there borrowing from the classic eu anyways) but i think disney and LFL can do so much with that mythology

i would also like a straight up bounty hunter film kind of like the novel tales of the bounty hunters except have it after esb and before rotj where other hunters are fighting boba to get han solo in the carbonite .

id also like a movie about the very very first jedi and how the force itself came to be

23. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    A spin-off with an original story not directly connected to any of the "Episode" movies, featuring completely original characters and worlds, that wouldn´t feature ANY of the characters or worlds from the "Episode" films. In other words, something new!

24. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    MODified: Familiarize yourself with the enormous warning banner at the top of the page.

25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Gone with the Windu.

Regarding Mace Windu's trials and tribulations as he plunges to his death from a high window on Coruscant.

PCCViking and Sarge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.