main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I totally see your point, but the only thing I can really point out is Fett's cameo in ANH from the special edition versions onward. His presence in that scene, coupled with his eventual pursuit of Han in ESB, just kinda tells me with minimal language that Han Solo and Boba Fett are like co-workers who hate each other - and that to me would be a very interesting dynamic for those characters.

Sarge likes this.
  2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I forgot about that cameo - almost as bad and just as unnecessary as Old Spock's cameo in Star Trek Into Darkness :p

However, that would imply that he does work for Jabba, at least in the same capacity as Solo, who I always assumed was an independent contractor (if that is the right phrase.)

Sarge likes this.
  3. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Come on, nowhere near as bad as that. And nothing is as bad as whitecasting Khan but MOVING ON.

If anything, Fett's simply being there is in my opinion the redeeming point of that scene. I never minded the edits, but I never much liked that Jabba scene either.

Nevertheless, Jabba is a huge power player in the crime world, and every best-whatever-in-the-galaxy is probably independantly contracting for him - smugglers, bounty hunters, you name it.

4. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I love the new Star Treks, that scene is the only part I have have a negative opinion on. I don't believe it was "whitecasting" - they cast the best man for the job.

Beside, casting a Mexican actor as a character from India was "PC" to begin with.:)

Fett was never that big a deal to me - looked cool but that was it - but he is crazy popular and his inclusion in that scene seems to be just a type of fan service

I am recalling thinking something about the scene with him is not right? Is he obviously superimposed or does he seem to look at the camera? Something like that?

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "Come on, nowhere near as bad as that. And nothing is as bad as whitecasting Khan but MOVING ON."

just wow.

6. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I didn't see this post until by chance just now. You should quote or tag so people will know you replied.

Anyway, what's the "wow"?

I fail to see how casting a Cumberbatch is somehow "racist" and casting Montelban was not.

Khan Noonien Singh - the name is Indian (even the background of the character at the time was Indian) and a Mexican actor with no Indian background was cast.

Was Montelban the best actor for the role? Yes, without a doubt. Was his skin colour a consideration? Were they trying to pass him of as Indian? I cannot say.

Was Cumberbatch the best actor for the movie? Yes, without a doubt. Was his skin colour a consideration? Were they trying to pass him of as Indian? I cannot say.

Can you?

7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i wasn't quoting you. i was quoting the guy who said it was "whitecasting"...and don't tell me how to post.

8. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    So yeah, back to Star Wars.... :p

I can't see it happening any time soon, but it might well be a gold mine to release a TV series exploring the Tales From The Cantina book and flesh out some of those characters from the background of ANH. It's strange, since TPM came out, I always assumed that Baniss Keeg ( this guy ) was a Nemoidian, but apparently he's a Duros....

9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    they're related. duros and nemodians i mean.

Duros - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

My most sincere apologies.

It was an issue I wanted to get back to, but I didn't have time last night.

It was through lack of concentration that I thought you were Darth Eddie and what you posted was expressing disbelief that I thought it wasn't "whitecasting".

Again, very sorry, I should have paid more attention.

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no prob.

Hogsquattle likes this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Lando Calrissian in "Undercover Boss"! [face_laugh]

Sarge likes this.
  13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Guilty pleasure! I'd wish for a 2D animated mini-series. Speaking of Disney, I imagined the Leia-Xizor relationship as a twisted version of Beauty and the Beast.
    [​IMG]
    Disney should bring the trend of shorts to the Star Wars franchise. It could be fun to watch a SW short before a SW feature film!

14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    we need this...which has been posted before

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I've seen that before - it is great^:)^ but I don't get seeing "under the helmets"?

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Palpatine and Plagueis movie before, during, and a little after TPM. Could show things like Talzin giving Maul to Sidious, Sidious killing Plagueis, Dooku leaving the Order (perhaps the slaying of Sido-Dyas and abandonment of Silman, too), and if they wanted to, the creation of the clone army.

Basically a movie about the Dark Siders around the time of TPM.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    It's an anime thing, it serves several purposes; a) so you can see who's who under the armour, b) it makes it more personal and gets you more emotionally invested in a character (as opposed to a faceless grunt), even if they're just a bit-part one, and c) it allows for full-face helmets as part of main characters' costumes, thus not limiting the costume designers so much to ensure viewers know who's who. Some like it, some don't.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Thank
    Thank you.

19. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    The more I think about it, the more I keep thinking the first spin off film is actually gonna be "Rebels". A live action EpIII.5 so to speak. All the voice actors do look similar to their character, and with a little movie magic, we might see it. I mean the Clone Wars were all live action characters (main characters), so why not go the other direction? I'd be into it for sure

DL44Jo likes this.
  20. Captain Melons

Captain Melons Jedi Knight

Jul 22, 2014
    Underworld: with sleezy space mafia and alien stripper bars/cantinas
    Show about a senator and politics of the Empire or Old/New Republic eras
    Life in Imperial Academy and aspiring TIE pilot, Officer etc. Something like Rouge Squadron but Imperial instead of rebel.
    Movie about Greedo

P.S. I would want to see all the previously mentioned as well too.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Cad Bane movie.

Hogsquattle and Sarge like this.
  22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Live action?

Anyone in mind to play him?

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Live action would be cool, but I haven't put much thought into who should play him.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Motion capture by Andy Serkis.

Soon he'll be the Mel Blanc of filmmaking.

TX-20 likes this.
  25. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    1) Boba Fett (Featuring Jabba the Hutt, Bossk, IG-88, and the rest of the SW Underworld, w/ Manu Bennett as Boba!)
    2) The Adventures of Obi Wan Kenobi on the run from the Empire. Maybe this time we'll get an explanation for 'Ben.'

Most of all...
    3) Darth Vader, Sith Lord (Better do it while James Earl Jones is still with us)

I know they were batting about the idea of a 'young Han Solo spinoff', and while i don't immediately hate the idea i don't like it much due to the whole recasting thing. The idea of a Yoda spinoff I actually hate. Since Clone Wars has been deemed canon maybe we could get a Bo Katan or Asaj Ventress flick. *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.