main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Honestly? More movies with new characters. It's a big galaxy, with several huge wars peppered through its history. While I'd love a Kenobi in the desert movie, I don't want the anthology to simply fill in some of the small gaps that are in the main saga.

Lord Sith Harloxzz, ladygrey45 and B3 like this.
  2. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    you know id like to see a whills anthology and a darth plaugies anthology

3. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I agree they could go way in the past way in the future and then have the saga films be a bout rey and the new crew.

4. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Yes, more spin-offs about original characters, please. I'm all in for that. But first we need the Obi-Wan film.

Scapro Tyler likes this.
  5. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Obi-Wan or a dark, R-Rated Vader film first. Then cut off the old characters for sure.

6. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    A movie that takes place entirely in space.

7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite character in Star Wars by a considerable distance, yet I have no desire to see a spin off film. I just don't see what additional insight we can glean about a character who played a significant role in four films of this franchise.

On the other end of the spectrum, I think Boba Fett is pretty overrated, but I would much rather see a spin off or trilogy about him, as he exists more on the periphery of the saga, and less a participant in it.

11-4D and PymParticles like this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So, as joked about on Twitter, let's have the Jabba Trilogy. The Star Wars equivalent of the Godfather movies, but staring a Space Slug.

Directed by Guillermo Del Toro, Taika Waititi and James Gunn.

It's a silly idea, but please Kathleen, offer these guys half a billion for three movies.

9. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    No.... Just.... No.

GregMcP likes this.
  10. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Yes. Oh yes.

B3 likes this.
  11. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    Okay. I'll bite.

Tell me more.

12. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    It's just something the above directors have been joking about lately on Twitter. More than anything, it's a very cool bunch of directors. I'd be excited to have any of them film any topic they wished.

Scapro Tyler likes this.
  13. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Was just thinking, and I'd love to see a film about a planet under imperial rule. The first 30-45 minutes sets up the characters on both sides. Including a city under imperial rule, slaves working a mine, and the imperial station/star destroyer. Around 45 minutes in, they get the news the emperor dies. I'd love to see the chaos from a focused perspective that news would cause, followed by Rebels showing up to help liberate. Hell, it'd be a cool time to have Poe Damerons parents cameo as some of the Rebels who came to help.

Darth Nave, Scapro Tyler and Sarge like this.
  14. theForceChangesYou

theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2017
    Anyone ever dreamed of a Star Wars Horror movie ?​
    Star Wars from the beginning was aimed at children, but of course there's some stories to tell for much more mature audiences.

For instance, i would've loved to see a spin-off movie with Vitiate, or Revan. They could chop heads off with lightsabers, suck the force out of jedi etc.

As long as it's with Disney, we won't see it.

Anyone else want a Star Wars horror movie ?​

15. Scapro Tyler

Oct 17, 2015
    We did have those Star Wars zombies at one point. That could make an interesting movie.

16. DemonKingBalor32

Feb 19, 2017
    i remember an old comic i had from one of the versus 2 packs of vader and xizor where i believe it was inbetween anh and eb. id like to see something like that involving the black sun and prince xizor and his beef with vader

17. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I think we'd all be much better served with spin-offs about new/original characters. It's very risky to make a bunch of movies explaining everyone's backstory (or the backstory of famous events). People always think they want to know everything about a character... but they really don't. Mystery is very appealing and we generally like characters more when we don't know every single thing about them. The Han Solo movie certainly risks making Han a less cool character if not well thought out and well executed. Heck, Rogue One ended being awesome - but we easily could have ended up with a situation where people were like "THAT's how they got the Death Star plans? LAME"

DealAlterer and Sarge like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    1. Kenobi
    2. Kenobi
    3. Kenobi
    4. Did I mention Kenobi?

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  19. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I want Kenobi, but the very next one won't be Kenobi.
    The way Ewan talks in interviews, unless he is being very deliberately deceptive (not impossible), his people haven't been doing lunch with their people. He isnt saying "I'm sorry, I can't talk about that."

In time, maybe, but not yet.
    (And since I am usually wrong, that means..)

20. DemonKingBalor32

Feb 19, 2017
    ya know after knocking out season 3 of rebels last night and whatever happens in the final season i would love to see a thrawn anthology flick. oviously i want benedict cumberbatch for the role

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I Am the Senate: A Star Wars Political Thriller

and its sequel

Not Yet: A Star Wars Political Scandal

and finally

It's Treason Then: A Star Wars Watergate Scenario Gone Horribly and Hilariously Wrong

PCCViking likes this.
  22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Boba Fett, 100%. I want to see a grimy, seedy bounty hunter film set in the Star Wars universe in the vein of classic spaghetti westerns. It needs to have great opening credit music and everything, just go all out with the genre influence.

And a Princess Leia film. A spy/espionage film, basically a James Bond movie, starring a fifteen year old Princess Leia doing undercover work for the early Rebellion while maintaining her official cover as an Imperial senator could be a lot of fun. Bring on a female director for it, too.

I could see Lando getting a spin-off from the Han Solo film, as opposed to an actual sequel to that movie being made.

As much as I love both characters, I kind of don't want to see films for Darth Vader or Obi-Wan. I've talked about wanting a Kenobi film in the past, but the more I think about it, the more I think it wouldn't work and it would be a lot less great in execution than it is in our heads.

My girlfriend is chomping at the bit for a young Yoda movie, but I don't think that should happen. In a similar vein, a film about the Jedi/Sith in the Old Republic would be great, but that should probably be a full fledged trilogy (maybe even the next trilogy after the ST wraps up) instead of a single standalone film.

23. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Bruce Willis in Follow the Force or Die Hard.

24. DemonKingBalor32

Feb 19, 2017

why just fett though? why not do a team of bounty hunters like fett, bossk, ig-88 4-lom and cad bane and make it there suicide squad but actually a good movie?

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    DemonKingBalor32 Oh, I definitely want an ensemble cast of bounty hunters, not just Fett.

DemonKingBalor32 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.