main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Rogue One universe is in danger of being just tucked away and forgotten. It was a Trilogy in one movie. It's a great collection of characters and events that I really hope can get returned to in some way in the movies.

Sarge and Mostly Handless like this.
  2. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    A gritty, full tilt war movie following a squad of Republic Commandos on a very morally questionable regime change mission.

Rogue Squadron, following the obvious, between Hoth and Endor.

Something involving the Republic Navy between II and III.

Avnar, Sarge and GregMcP like this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Jedi hunters/killers for the newly born Empire.

Basically a movie about hunting down and killing fugitive Jedi.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Kennedy said that the third spin-off would be announced on June. We're almost at August and nothing. Come on Lucasfilm, Marvel makes three films a year and announces them almost 5 years beforehand. Don't make us wait much more.

5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm happy for LFL to not follow the Marvel assembly-line approach.

11-4D likes this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    They probably were planning to announce it this summer, until all the Han Solo drama happened.

Now they're probably too busy in repair mode.

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    You want an Inquisitor movie?

cerealbox likes this.
  8. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    After Dunkirk? Whatever Christopher Nolan wants to make. LFL should just give him a blank notebook with the title "A Star Wars Story" on the cover, ask him to write and direct such a movie, and then leave him alone.

ChrisLyne and Darth Nave like this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I do think the whole Han Solo hoo-hah is the cause for the delay in the announcement of the third "Story" film.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi. I wish Rebels hadn't done the final showdown between Obi-Wan and Maul, because that could've made for an excellent film.
    • Boba Fett. We NEED to see more of this guy.
    • Darth Maul. This could be tricky, since TCW covered everything that happened to him after TPM, so it may have to be a prequel to TPM.
    • The Old Republic. Let's bring in Satele Shan and Darth Malgus.
    • Ahsoka Tano. She deserves more than just TV.
    • Jedi of the Clone Wars. Different stories told from different perspectives. Mace Windu (So that the film sells), Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti, etc.
    • Bounty hunters. Let's try to make it as different to the Suicide Squad as possible, so people don't think they've copied them. Boba Fett could lead a group of bounty hunters on a mission. They could bring in original bounty hunters, like Bossk and IG-88, and some from TCW, like Cad Bane and Embo.

PCCViking likes this.
  11. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    What if the next Anthology movie was a horror movie?

I'm thinking a movie that would deal with the supernatural aspect of the Star Wars universe. Not zombies per se, but maybe dead Sith that came back from the dead like in the Old Republic MMO. And what if it was Boba Fett's story, where we get to see the heroic side of Boba, and he has to deal with them these undead all by himself to show why he is the most bad ass bounty hunter in the galaxy?

Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be Boba Fett (I know there are a lot of people who think he's overrated, which is fine), or zombie Sith. That was just one of the ideas I had. But something dealing with the paranormal/supernatural aspect of Star Wars.

Since it's PG-13, they couldn't make it too scary, but instead they could make it creepy and unsettling.

Would you like a movie like that?​

12. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    1. Young Dooku with Qui-Gon as his apprentice. See a little bit more of the old republic era just before the cracks begin to show. Have Dooku slowly showing only hints of his discontent with the Jedi, resulting in the lessons he passes onto Qui-Gon being a bit more unconventional, informing his character as well.

2. Ancient Old Republic. I'm talking Tales of the Jedi-esque backdrop, where everything is "primitive" by Star Wars standards, though still obviously advanced by ours. The Star Wars version of Medieval, where riding beasts is more common than speeders, characters in armor, and lightsabers are big heavy broadswords. Perhaps Kylo's style of saber comes from this era. Star Wars filtered through Frank Frazetta.

3. Some sort of Rogue Squadron ensemble piece with a group of pilots on some deep behind enemy lines mission. Lots of starfighter and black ops combat, and lots of camaraderie. Maybe a Saving Private Ryan-esque rescue mission plot.

Tobi, Sarge and Darth Nave like this.
  13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I reaaaaaally want to see a bounty hunter ensemble film, with Boba Fett as the main point of interest, but not as the protagonist. Include all the iconic bounty hunters, and a new character as the protagonist and audience PoV. I also really want to see a Princess Leia movie themed as a spy thriller. A teenage princess pulling double duty as an Imperial senator and a spy for the Rebellion? Sign me the h*ck up. Honestly, I think these movies should be about know but unseen events or iconic characters, but exploring a variety of genres and playing around with scope and tone. Having a one-off movie about new characters in an era or story that hasn't no grounding in the Saga is going to be a weird sell to the general audience. Hardcore fans might go, "Oh, neat!" Everyone else will go, "Huh?" The beauty of this series is that there are so many characters that have years of history that can be explored, but without showing you every nook and cranny.

I want to see it, but I think the Old Republic era is best suited to its own trilogy, not a standalone under the "Star Wars Story" banner.

Tobi, Avnar and Gigoran Monk like this.
  14. I want something original with new characters

Tobi likes this.
  15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Vader! Set just after he lands on Yavin (after the DS battle) ...if that is still the official story...?

Tobi likes this.
  16. Vader already have 6 movies

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Firstly - Great Av! :cool:

As to the Vader already has 6 movies - True. (Are you also counting RO?) I wouldn't really count the PT as you only saw him at the end... Obi Wan has been in just as many and is about to get his own...so? He may also pop up in TLJ [face_dunno]

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anything with Mace Windu

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I have a suspicion that there might be a Snoke / Knights of Ren anthology film to fill in whatever backstory the sequel trilogy doesn't cover.

20. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I came here to suggest a horror movie as well. Not the next movie, but down the line, to keep things fresh.

I just think there's a ton of creepy looking creatures in Star Wars that could make for good horror/serial killer type movies. Male Twi'lek's come to mind. I've always found them disturbing.

CrAsHcHaOs likes this.
  21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    We just got Hitman's Bodyguard. :)

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Something to do with Dantooine! What happened there? Why did they abandon the base? Could be something a little different from the usual SW films... Monster movie maybe [face_dunno]

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Something with new characters in a new era so there are actually stakes. Something thousands of years ago with less focus on spaceships and planet hopping. A movie set on a single planet would work for me.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Dewit: The Adventures of a Jedi Who Will Say Yes to Anything

25. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    My updated list:

Dooku/Qui Gon

Snoke pre-TPM

Palpatine pre-TPM

Boba Fett about 18 BBY

Yoda pre TPM, but not too young

Clone Trooper story (during Order 66, with Daniel Logan or Temura Morrison)

Ahsoka Tano during OT

Vader around 18 BBY (with JEJ if possible)

Young Kylo Ren (new actor)

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.