main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If Donald Glover is going to be as big of a hit in Solo as I think he'll be, I wouldn't be surprised if he got his own spinoff as Lando in the future.

2. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    “Someone must have told them about my little manoeuvre at the battle of Taanab” Lando (Return of the Jedi)

3. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Would love to see a Post-ROTJ Luke adventures movie, finding the trainees for his Jedi Academy and whatnot. Get Sebastian Stan, but also Mark Hamill. Old Luke, talking to caretakers, space-cows and himself on how he ended up here, with flashbacks to the events he's retelling. A slightly younger Lor San Tekka. Future Knights of Ren. Snoke backstory as Luke starts to hear rumors of him (I mean, Leia and Han knew who he was). Maybe insert some old (or even new, like Poe Dameron's parents) EU characters.

Best part of Mark Hamill involvement is you can dub his voice over if Stan can't be made to sound like Hamill.

Watma Rysou and MrDarth0 like this.
  4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The awesome thing about a Lando Spin-off is that it could go literally anywhere in the timeline. Before Solo, after Solo but before ANH, during ANH, before Empire but after ANH, even between ESB or RotJ, or after RotJ. Skies the limit for Lando, and I'm down with all of it.

5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    When I Meta Jawa
    Action comedy

A ten year old Star Wars mega fan and his friends are amazed when an escape pod lands in one of their back gardens, flown by a crew of lost Jawas. Can they help their new friends avoid alien bounty hunters and get them safely back to the Galaxy Far Far away?

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    GIANT TENTACLED CTHULHU SPACE MONSTER: The Movie

7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    1) something with Maz
    2) tr8r

8. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm sure someone's already suggested this, but I think a movie based around the Podracing League would be pretty cool.

Loads of worlds, shady dealings, fun characters, shake & bake.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Could it be titled: "The Force and the Furious?" :D

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have never really thought of that, but now that the idea exists I want it. He is just so good for Lando.

11. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    I REALLY want a Yuuzhang Vong movie(s)

Lord Sith Harloxzz and Taylore like this.
  12. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    - A Vader and Leia film, set about 10 to 12 years after ROTS. We see what evil things Vader does in the first decade of the Empire, how the Empire spreads over the Galaxy, how more and more systems are suppressed. Also we get to see how young Leia got involved in the Rebellion. We see Bail tell her a few things about her father (killed before she was born), the Sith and Jedi. She is very idealistic and determined to destroy the Empire. We see her training at military skills and very much involved in secret resistance meetings etc.
    - A film about young Palpatine, how he was trained by Plagueis, his motivation for following the Sith in the first place. He leaves Naboo at an early age to train at a secret Sith temple. We also see how he manages to become a senator and why he is so popular on Naboo.

13. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Make that Yavin IV. Supposedly the ancient battle relief in his anteroom in ROTS is from Yavin IV.
    And it was the perfect place for the Alliance to establish their "hidden" base of operations there (thanks to the support of "Imperial" archeologists sympathetic to the Alliance), right under Palpatine's nose... :D

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  14. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Oh, I didn't know that! :D Even better, then they could show Yavin IV when it was still a Sith place. How the Sith abandon the temple and the Rebels establish their base there could then be shown in a sequel, maybe set 2 or 3 years before Rogue One. ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  15. Sith/Jedi war
    Dash Rendar/Kyle Katarn movie
    Or a movie starring a Jedi from Luke's academy like Kyp Durron of Jedi Academy Trilogy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
    SkywalkerShine likes this.
  16. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Ahsoka Tano

What they have done with her in Rebels is fantastic. And she was superb in TCW also. If not a standalone movie, I find it hard to believe (as she is such a strong, important character) that she wont show up in a live action movie/trilogy at some point.

My new favorite SW character. Watch A World Between Worlds if you haven't already.

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  17. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    The Adventures of Padawan Yoda

Basically adapted off that old unfinished webcomic on this very site.

18. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    And I hoped I will be the first to post the idea. Anyway, it would be logical considering all the upcoming supervillain movies... Obviously, this would totally retcon Luceno´s novel out of existence, but I am crying both too soon and too late.

19. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @Miras Etrin,

You are not even the second one and not only in this thread. The fascination for the Darth Plagueis novel is still alive in the fandom.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This would be more realistic in animation form I think. As interesting as it would be for fans to see it in live-action, larger audience would never want to see Star Wars movie whose main character is a little green midget who talks in a funny manner. Whether it would be computer generated character or puppet or combination of both, that won't matter that much.:yoda: Sure it would become cult classic though, good or bad, but it probably wouldn't be mainstream enough to be made with large budget.It is the sad truth that it is very unlikely we will ever see a live action spin-off without a human main character.=((

See how much people complain just when the main character is woman instead. Same if main characters are not of white Caucasian ethnicity (or if they are not generally good-looking young people, how many would go to see Porkins-movie? or Jocasta Nu- Librarian's adventures after order 66- the SW story? I definitely would, but most people would never even consider, maybe if that Porkins-movie would be comedy it could work...) .

If leading character(s) wouldn't even be human even more people would complain and ridicule the movie. Sure I would personally love to see SW-movies with non-humans in the leading role, but it would be a huge risk to produce and it won't happen any time soon. In animation it seems more likely, but that probably means it would be clearly profiled as children's movie instead since most people automatically equate animation to children's movie.

Ahsoka seems more likely candidate than Yoda if they ever produce a film with an alien protagonist.:ahsoka: She is physically more human, more attractive to most viewers than Yoda, could be done with a human actor in makeup, she doesn't talk in such a funny (and possibly irritating) manner and has a large fan base already and she has already starred as main character in animation. Still many would ridicule that movie too....

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm all on board for a Lando Anthology film. After Kenobi though since that's the one I've been looking forward to since this whole thing was announced but I'd definitely prefer it over a Boba Fett film. Come on, ol' LFL, don't let us down!

Swashbucklingjedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Back again to say that I would be STOKED for a young Palpatine / Darth Plagueius the wise origin story - no angst ridden dark-side here .. Palpatine would just gleefully embrace his the dark side...

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Dark Times series.

Lando
    Leia
    Obi-Wan
    Boba
    Flight from Yavin IV to Hoth
    Bothan Spies (no Death Star in the main narrative, just a crew that lands the info on Palpatine’s location)

These OT background stories will never get old, IMO. They give depth to the GFFA in the best way. So far...

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I love to see the TV show be about the underworld of Star Wars and have Lando be one of the main players. Ditto Boba Fett. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Underworld during the dark times would be absolutely perfect for a more adult-oriented TV show. Would scratch the itch that Game of Thrones leaves behind after it finishes up in 2019.

Swashbucklingjedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.