main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Your Story Ideas For Future Films/Spinoffs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by markdeez, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Wookiees vs. trandoshans the movie- LOL if most of the dialogue would be in shyriiwook and dosh it would be instant cult classic. There needs to be subtitles though or it would be like watching Holiday Special....

Bossk_Baby likes this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Donald Glover as Lando, Stephen Lang as Capt. Rex and Mark Strong as Lobot in.....
    [​IMG]

General Lando Calrissian leads a team of crack Rebel commandos on a mission to liberate Bespin's Cloud City, his group consists of former clone trooper Rex and Lando's former aide, Lobot. Holding Cloud City is an elite Stormtrooper legion, this one's not going to be easy...

Darth Nave, w4tkn, GregMcP and 3 others like this.
  3. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    The Man who shot Bib, ET, and Valance: A Star Wars Story.

Telling the story of the would-be assasinator of Jabba's majordomo, Senator Grebleips of Brodo Asogi, and cyborg bounty hunter, Beleirt Valance.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Despite the updated from LFL, I think it's pretty clear that LFL will do a Lando film. It would be almost bone-headed not to, especially given Lando's place in the cultural landscape at the moment.

If so, I think it would have the potential to be the coolest Star Wars movie. But unlike with Solo, where it seems LFL pulled back from doing something completely different, they need to go all-in with a new style for this. An edgy, innovative director (like Coogler or Soderbergh), a fresh, hip, non-orchestral score, etc. Make the entire film hum with the Lando style.

What they absolutely can’t do is go Ron Howard vanilla, replete with 80s dad jokes. And whatever they do, they have to avoid overdoing the one-note smooth player elements of Lando. Dig deep into his life, and make him a fully realized character. Start with his difficult early life being raised by a single mother (as we learned from Solo), and get very gritty and real about it, before launching him into space (and maybe, space disco?)

In any event, after Obi-wan, this is the one I want to see. The underworld through the eyes of a different kind of scoundrel.

5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    With Idris Elba as Willrow Hood.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

@Siphonophore Alfonso Ribeiro seems more suitable for Willrow Hood.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    For some reason I can imagine Liberators having a whole lot of "Tom Cruise hanging on the side of a skyscraper" style moments.

Django Fett likes this.
  8. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    A Princess Leia film about her time in the Rebellion as a double agent in the Senate but I feel like that's never going to happen.....

9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Give us old Billy in old Lando first :)

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Coruscant during ANH, with McDiarmid appearing to dissolve the Senate.

w4tkn likes this.
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Possible_ObiWan_Kenobi_Star_Wars_Film_Details_Emerge_180762.asp

This could be a good movie if.........there is good action. If not, well, don't expect the box office to be high.

I'm hoping that they can do another good movie that can tie in to a movie event. For example, the ending of the Clone Wars battle in the outer rim, something important along the lines of the Battle of Jakku, or a Shadow of the Empire type story. I don't mind the small character pieces per say, but Star Wars can't shy away from the bigger action scenes or get use to Ready Player One numbers.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Get Martin Scorsese to direct it, with all the usual freeze frames, flashbacks, montages, cool soundtrack, hip retro clothes etc etc

"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a scoundrel..."

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "We think that the next spinoff will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian, ” Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy told Premiere on Tuesday at the Cannes Film Festival. ” Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca, but Lando will be next.”

Even if that translated quote from KK was correct, and she said the next spinoff would be dedicated to Lando, that doesn't necessarily mean it would be released before Obi-Wan's film. If she used the term spinoff, that could mean Lando is spinning off of Solo, if Solo is the first in a series of that group of friends. Obi-Wan could be the first in a series, or a standalone story. Technically, Obi-Wan would be a spinoff of Star Wars, but I think the term spinoff in case of a Lando film would mean it's directing spinning off from the Solo series.

Clarification of the KK Cannes misunderstanding:
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/no-a-lando-...-for-1826071850/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The more I think about it, the more I think Glover himself (perhaps with his key directing partner from Atlanta and elsewhere, Hiro Murai) should direct the film himself.

15. I only want one movie and my life would be complete
    BOBA FETT
    The only classic and emblematic character who does not have his own story
    I want to know how he started to be the great mercenary of the Galaxy and who he is

In my opinion Boba deserves more a movie than Obi Wan
    Since Obi Wan we already know his story and how ends

But what about Boba? If Disney makes a good movie of him
    I would forgive all the bad things that Disney did with the franchise

[​IMG]

Watma Rysou likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I know alot of people do not want to see a boba fett movie because they don't want to know to much about the character but i feel it could work.

17. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I love to See some Darth maul spin off films during his time when he was Palpatine 's Apprentice and when He was loose canon during the clone wars and after it. There some good potential for it too. Either way he is a loose assassin.

18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    During the Dark Times he's like a sinister version of Ahsoka's Fulcrum and he sits as emperor of the Underworld which is an extremely powerful position. Am curious as how they'd apply Darth Maul from this Solo film onward. Ray Park back we have to expect some really amazing action in the future.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Maul's coming back was so stupid, but he was one of the better characters in Clone Wars. Let him pop up elsewhere, sure.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I was 100% against him coming back until I saw the Tolkien-inspired episode of his return, in spider form, on that awesome landfill planet. Then I was 100% supportive of him coming back.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  22. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I would love to see an adaptation of Shadows of the Empire set between ESB and ROTJ.
    Preserve the primary plot with Vader/Palps/Xizor and beef up the subplot with Fett and frozen Han racing to Jabba while pursued across the galaxy by the other ESB bounty hunters.
    Change it up so Luke/Leia/Lando don’t appear to avoid recasting during the OT. Chewie could appear somehow, maybe Mon Mothma or Ackbar or something, bring back Dash too. It would be totally awesome.

23. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Dr. Aphra, The Siege of Mandalore, an event in the Jedi/Mandalorian war, Boba Fett, Darth Maul's rise in the underworld, the Battle of Jakku.

w4tkn likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    You know i am kinda surprised a film adaptation of Force unleashed is never brought up for a spin off film. it was a big deal at the time when the first game came out and had books and graphics novels ect ect, but has since been fairly forgotten.

Personally that would be the closest i could see to a Darth Vader Movie

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d love to see an uprising story based mostly on Corucsant, following the death of the Emperor. Either that, or a dramatization of the leadup to and result of Palpatine’s “dissolution of the Senate.” Echoes of Stalin’s purges and all that. Could be thrilling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.