main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Listen to Chris

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sionnach_Dearg, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Well, as some of you know, I have been talking for a while about having a get-together at my place to watch The Fellowship of the Ring extended DVD with the actors' commentary, and since I have the place to myself this weekend, I thought it would be a good time to hold such an event.

I'm looking at Sunday, starting no earlier than noon (we all need our beauty sleep!) and maybe ordering in Pizza or Chinese...depending on what the majority wants, or if there's a big group we could do both, I suppose.

If you're interested, PM me for the address and directions, and I hope to see as many of you as can attend!

Oh yes, also remember, those who come get to meet the incredibly cute kitten Tasuki, who will be having his 12-week birthday on Sunday!

2. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    Well, since this sunday seems to not work for so many, this event will be put off for a better day...maybe sometime next week? next weekend? we shall see

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Sionnach, getting together next week sometime sounds like a grand idea. Since we're planning to go as a chapter to that "SW Trilogy in One Hour" next Wednesday, may I suggest that we can either:

1) Meet at your house before/after the show on Wednesday,

or 2) pick a different day, other than Wednesday or Thursday (our RPG night).

Feedback, everyone?

EDIT: Since YJN has chosen to remove the preceding spam post, my remarks regarding its inappropriateness are no longer necessary.

YJN passed along to me Woofer's apologies for causing a problem.

I applaud Woofer for his sense of accountability. In turn, of my own volition, would like to publically apologize to Woofer for any embarassment I may have caused him with my public reprimand.

- Rani

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'm not so game for Wednesday before or after the performance. Instead, I'd like to make a counter-proposal (which we discussed the possibility of at the meeting): We combine the sushi thing with the LOTR DVD viewing for this weekend, date and time at Sionnach's discretion (but hopefully this weekend). She tells us what ingredients to bring, and we potluck it... how does that sound?

I'd be up for that... :)

*Derisa*

5. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    sounds great to me... this weekend would be fine, friday or saturday since I usually work sunday. if saturday it would have to be after 2:30 or so, since I will be working in the morning...whatever works better for more people...let me know folks!

6. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh dang....well, this Saturday wouldn't work for me, personally, I know that - got something else that totally scotches that day, far as I'm concerned....big, *big* Beltaine rite, up-Island-a-ways....hey, I've never been one to say no to a merry, brightly blazing bonfire and wild, free partee atmosphere. ;) Obviously I'm not trying to restrict anyone else - merciful goodness, no! :) - I'm just, you know....saying. :D As is my wont....and now you know. :)

Dawn.

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll be out of town this coming weekend, which is why I was hoping for a weeknight this week...ah, well. ;)

Scarf down a tuna roll for me, guys. :)

- Rani

8. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    Well now, since I couldn't get to the play on wed night and I have a ton of chores to finish today before I head out to see it (while I can) the viewing/sushi day will have to be tomorrow!

I work in the morning, so I would suggest people arrive around 3pm or later (between 3 and 4pm would be perfect) If you arrive any earlier than 3 I wouldn't be home, so you would end up sitting on the steps for a bit)

As to supplies, I have the rice, vinegar and nori for making the sushi, but I don't have anything on hand for fillings, so if somebody could pick up some fish (whatever kind you prefer for your sushi) and some veggies (cucumber and red pepper are usually good, bring Avocado only if you want it, I'm not picky for it but will put it in the sushi if it's provided)

Anyone still needing directions to my place pm me and I'll pass them on!

Hope to see you all there!

9. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Sounds great, Sionnach! I will try my best, though my celebrations tonight might be a bit of a problem. :p I'll pass the word on, and I'll bring some veggies. I think some cucumber and red pepper, and I'll leave the rest to other people. :)

Alrighty then, I'll be dragging JF with me, who's bringing fish... What kind of fish is he supposed to bring? For some reason pollock springs into mind, but I think I'm mistaken on that point.

-Vills

10. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    That depends on whether or not you're comfortable with raw fish on your sushi. Pollock is absolutely fine, and is the ingredient for California rolls. Cooked shrimp is also good for those who don't like raw. IF you want to have raw fish sushi (which I am just fine with making and personally love) I will only use fish which has been frozen IMMIDIATELY after being caught - the bset place to get fish for sushi is Chinatown...come to think of it, tell me if you want such and I will pick it up, since I know exactly what I am looking for in this...don't want anyone getting sick!

11. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    That was a wonderful sushi-Extended Fellowship experience! :p I intend to make the sushi again next week...

Thanks for having us over!

-Vills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.